Disgusting Tricks

4thstringer

So, a friend of mine is blowing up our chat right now with all the disgusting things a molly crew can do with their "when you discard a card, gain this" abilities.  Its making me feel jealous.

What disgusting tricks have you found?

The best I've seen in guild so far - As far as I can tell, Nino's combination of A por el and Spotter lets any and all friendly models within LOS have an action for a discarded card at the end of his activation.  

Not as exciting, but I don't think it is immediately obvious- Augmented Constructs with a power token on them can use the bonus action to push themselves.

I have been having all kinds of fun with tricks that the Marshals can pull off.  (Granted, I only finished painting up a Family crew last night, so it is all I have played so far.)

My personal favorite was a single turn against a Red Chapel crew.  Lady J attacks Bette, and she buries to avoid 2 damage and other attacks.  Activate a Death Marshal, charge Seamus, miss the attack and then cheat to Pine Box on the 2nd action and popping Bette for 1 wound.  Then Jury activates, popping Bette to 5 damage taken and Seamus to 2 damage taken.  Jury then proceeded to go and sit in a corner, obeying anything that got close to charge away from her while scoring Outflank, and stacking damage onto anything the Marshals happened to Pine Box or Bette any time she tried to negate damage by burying.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I swear, if you get him nerfed for the general release I am going to be very sore with you.

Is there something weird about this or is it actually reveal 5 cards, probably keep 3-4 and take 2-4 damage depending on level of luck.

Just read Nino card.  Is the interplay of his and judges ability been read generating AP for the judge? is his discarding generating 1 AP or in theory multiple AP?

5 minutes ago, Tapdancer said:

Is there something weird about this or is it actually reveal 5 cards, probably keep 3-4 and take 2-4 damage depending on level of luck.

And there is the chance that you don't get the damage but cause damage to the enemy; you have to discard the tomes, but the crows from the trigger doesn't say anything about discarding, oh yeah!

I might be reading spotter wrong, but I think Judge isn't even our best card draw now.  Every time Nino hits with his gun, he can discard a card to make family values trigger for every friendly model in LOS.  that's draw a card for each of them.  Now, I don't think this is going to survive final printing, but it's pretty incredible.

52 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I might be reading spotter wrong, but I think Judge isn't even our best card draw now.  Every time Nino hits with his gun, he can discard a card to make family values trigger for every friendly model in LOS.  that's draw a card for each of them.  Now, I don't think this is going to survive final printing, but it's pretty incredible.

Surely the final print  deadline has already passed.

I'm guessing spotter should be written 

This model's a affect any (rather than every) friendly model within LoS, ignoring range.

44 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I would assume some change like that will be made, but if not...

digging deeper into this vain of filth.  Would there be an argument that as worded could spotter mean that his family value trigger affects all friendly models not just friendly family models ?  This could end up as big brain good....

2 hours ago, Tapdancer said:

digging deeper into this vain of filth.  Would there be an argument that as worded could spotter mean that his family value trigger affects all friendly models not just friendly family models ?  This could end up as big brain good....

Yup, and it also obliterates the points limitation, because it now effects all friendly models.  I think it is better than BBB, which I expect to mean it wont survive.  On the family values trigger, it would also be bananas, giving all friendlies in LOS a card or concentration.  (and if you do it with elite models, the lawyers, false witnesses, scribe, and changelings get a card when they take the concentrate action out of turn),   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

Spotter doesn't change wordings of Nino's auras, it only removes range restrictions. Family values says "a Family model", so only one and only Family model in LoS can benefit from it regardless of range.

That maybe what games designer intended but it's not how it has been written.  

• Respectfully Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Tapdancer said:

That maybe what games designer intended but it's not how it has been written.  

It's written quite clear. Take a look at Auras section p.30:

All  models  inside  the  Aura’s  area,  including what  is  generating  the  Aura,  are  affected  by  the  Aura as  long  as  they  stay  inside  the  area  and  remain  in  Line of  Sight  of  the  generating  object.

All models (=every model) are affected by any aura, as long as they are in LoS and range. But you can use aura's effect only on one model, if it says "a model".

• Like 1
  • Agree 2