Flaming Neverborn!

theamazingmrg

I played my first game against Zoraida tonight with Sonnia (who I think I'll be sticking with until I've won a couple of games at least, which could take a while!).

Obviously I lost because I'm rubbish! I'm blaming it on Corrupted Idols and the :mask:mask trigger on Zoraida's Obey (A bad workman always blames his opponents tools...!)

But as useless as I am, I figured it can't help to ask how other people have found dealing with a Swampfiend crew (with a Widow Weaver summoning Stitched Together a from the Voodoo Doll scrap markers!) that holds back and delays getting Burning-ed to death. Selfish bloody Neverborn!

1 hour ago, theamazingmrg said:

I played my first game against Zoraida tonight with Sonnia (who I think I'll be sticking with until I've won a couple of games at least, which could take a while!).

Obviously I lost because I'm rubbish! I'm blaming it on Corrupted Idols and the :mask:mask trigger on Zoraida's Obey (A bad workman always blames his opponents tools...!)

But as useless as I am, I figured it can't help to ask how other people have found dealing with a Swampfiend crew (with a Widow Weaver summoning Stitched Together a from the Voodoo Doll scrap markers!) that holds back and delays getting Burning-ed to death. Selfish bloody Neverborn!

Corrupted idols vs big z is particularly tough.   I might try to counter with a second master like Nellie.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, longfanz said:

If you put enough burning on Zoraida she will suffer as every non claw action range is reduced by the amount of burning if Sonnia is the crew leader.

Doesn't Zoraida has her arc node thing now so she can hang back pretty well or draw 12 to the model she is using to draw LoS from since that range isn't the range of an action. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Ludvig said:

Doesn't Zoraida has her arc node thing now so she can hang back pretty well or draw 12 to the model she is using to draw LoS from since that range isn't the range of an action. 

Yes, but as far as I understand the range of the action from the model is reduced, right?

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Uggh, given the wording I guess so.  It will still help, but not being within even reduced range of a swampfiend is a tall order.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longfanz said:

Yes, but as far as I understand the range of the action from the model is reduced, right?

Yeah, her node will need to get really close if you can put burning on her but she should be able to hang back pretty well and make that hard to do in the first place. 

4 hours ago, longfanz said:

If you put enough burning on Zoraida she will suffer as every non claw action range is reduced by the amount of burning if Sonnia is the crew leader.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Uggh, given the wording I guess so.  It will still help, but not being within even reduced range of a swampfiend is a tall order.

All of those things are true, but the problem I had was the Stealth on the models that were closest to me. In order to apply Burning I needed to be within charge range, which is also within range for the other nonsense!

To be fair, it was a very slow game so we only actually got two turns and things might have changed turn 3, but getting burning on any model was actually really challenging!  He always seemed to be able to cheat just enough to beat me by 1 in most duels. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe it!

• Like 1