Anyone get any New feel for guild from the Tournaments this weekend?

4thstringer

We had a tiny tourney, in which I had to fall back on Guild as I don’t have enough models of other crews to jump ship just yet. Nellie may be my new favorite Reckoning master...against melee reckoning opposition, anyway. People aren’t expecting that from Guild, even if the current popularity of Zoraida means they aren’t totally caught by surprise when their beater turns on them. Undercover agent continues to be free VP (or VP denial in this case, had a handful of tomes). In non-journalists news, the automaton did its job for once as far as using its heal action/dumping tokens, and companioning into the mechanical attendant for another flip is just rude. Still, the mobile toolkit suits my augmented crew builds more, when it comes to single target healing. Took No Prisoners but only used the pushes; took Lead-Lined Coat and got work out of both aspects (not being tossed where Titania pleased had a life-enhancing quality).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

We had a tiny tourney, in which I had to fall back on Guild as I don’t have enough models of other crews to jump ship just yet. Nellie may be my new favorite Reckoning master...against melee reckoning opposition, anyway. People aren’t expecting that from Guild, even if the current popularity of Zoraida means they aren’t totally caught by surprise when their beater turns on them. Undercover agent continues to be free VP (or VP denial in this case, had a handful of tomes). In non-journalists news, the automaton did its job for once as far as using its heal action/dumping tokens, and companioning into the mechanical attendant for another flip is just rude. Still, the mobile toolkit suits my augmented crew builds more, when it comes to single target healing. Took No Prisoners but only used the pushes; took Lead-Lined Coat and got work out of both aspects (not being tossed where Titania pleased had a life-enhancing quality).

Oooh, who else did you run in that Journalists Reckoning Crew.  I would have never thought she would be a decent option.

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I think Undercover Reporter is a newbie trap. Very good players will force you to put him in the open a lot of times. I found out that after you play against him once, you kind of know how to counter play against him.

23 minutes ago, trikk said:

I think Undercover Reporter is a newbie trap. Very good players will force you to put him in the open a lot of times. I found out that after you play against him once, you kind of know how to counter play against him.

If my reporter is convincing my opponents to place all their minions out in the open, I think I am getting really good value from the reporter.

39 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Oooh, who else did you run in that Journalists Reckoning Crew.  I would have never thought she would be a decent option.

To be clear, Nellie has to go against a melee reckoning opponent to truly annoy with the enemy charge-obey. I am now pondering whether she might be a good secondary master to Basse as his crew can give her concealment on demand.

Still running tests on the rest of the list. Dade plus emissary for long engagement range plus spam slowing/distracted/friendly focus with One More Question on engaged models? (2/4/5 is good for her cost once the scheme marker drops, but the slow and distracted atop that is the true seasoning.) Phiona for positive flip tanking? (She mostly hasn’t impressed me except for raw stats...but Shove Aside is very nice if you can spare the low mask.) Peacekeeper to eat One More Question scheme markers...just kidding, he’s slightly more worthwhile to her than Hoffman but still a big stompybot liability. :( Haven’t tried pale rider in a long while, I think it is good but not synergistic to paparazzi punishment, nor Grimwell.

11 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

If my reporter is convincing my opponents to place all their minions out in the open, I think I am getting really good value from the reporter.

You're spending 7SS to maybe force your opponent to move slightly less in the open unless you plan on using the reporter T3+

23 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

To be clear, Nellie has to go against a melee reckoning opponent to truly annoy with the enemy charge-obey. I am now pondering whether she might be a good secondary master to Basse as his crew can give her concealment on demand.

Still running tests on the rest of the list. Dade plus emissary for long engagement range plus spam slowing/distracted/friendly focus with One More Question on engaged models? (2/4/5 is good for her cost once the scheme marker drops, but the slow and distracted atop that is the true seasoning.) Phiona for positive flip tanking? (She mostly hasn’t impressed me except for raw stats...but Shove Aside is very nice if you can spare the low mask.) Peacekeeper to eat One More Question scheme markers...just kidding, he’s slightly more worthwhile to her than Hoffman but still a big stompybot liability. :( Haven’t tried pale rider in a long while, I think it is good but not synergistic to paparazzi punishment, nor Grimwell.

Not grimwell?  I liked the idea of him slamming models that have staggered.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Not grimwell?  I liked the idea of him slamming models that have staggered.

Need a field reporter to give the Staggered and while the journalists don’t always need damage tracks, I feel a tad bit weird about hiring something which only debuffs (no damage potential) into Reckoning. Unless you were going for one heck of an odd achievement league goal.