UK Nationals - 9/10th November 2019

Clousseau

With the faction books and app now available I'd like to clarify model rules for the event.

You can take any model now released as long as you have a suitable representative model (no "counts as") and a physical card.

Proxies and conversions are very welcome, but I recommend sharing a pic with me beforehand. 

Cards can be scanned from the book or screenshots from the app if not available from the Wyrd website, and do not need to be tarot size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clousseau said:

With the faction books and app now available I'd like to clarify model rules for the event.

You can take any model now released as long as you have a suitable representative model (no "counts as") and a physical card.

What counts as released? Is appearing in the book/app enough? Or does Wyrd have to have released the physical model?

Couple of things :)

First: I can bring some scenery / terrain with me, possibly enough for 1.5 to 2 tables

Second: Currently, when I'm playing Nekima, I'm using the Bayou Wild Boar model as a proxy for her Blood Hunter totem (seemed reasonable, it's a large pig on a 40mm base :)) - would that be acceptable in the event?

Cheers

4 hours ago, 13th Warrior said:

Couple of things :)

First: I can bring some scenery / terrain with me, possibly enough for 1.5 to 2 tables

Second: Currently, when I'm playing Nekima, I'm using the Bayou Wild Boar model as a proxy for her Blood Hunter totem (seemed reasonable, it's a large pig on a 40mm base :)) - would that be acceptable in the event?

Cheers

Terrain very welcome, and I'll be making a call out for this shortly.

For proxies I'm expecting to see some conversion to represent the target model, not just "counts as". I'll be posting up a picture of my Blood Hunter (a converted wild boar) and some other examples on Sunday when I get back home.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bedjy said:

aren't scheme pools known before the tournament ?

No. With 7 games you are going to see each strategy up to 2 times each, each deployment the same, and every scheme multiple times. You'll need to be ready for every eventuality! Plus I can guarantee a wide range of terrain to consider as well.

• Thanks 2

Hi @Clousseau - which way are you ruling on Shlong's Wandering River Style Four Winds Punch removal and Dropping of three Markers, with regard to Scheme Markers?

I don't think there's been an official ruling from Wyrd yet - I know this is arguably a Rules Forum question, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't come at Nats.

"Remove up to three Scheme, Scrap and/or Corpse within 3" of the target. Push the target 6" in any direction, then Drop any Markers removed by this action within 3" of the target."

It is not explicitly clear (enough) that the Markers removed are the exact same Markers that are dropped, so if Shlong removes 3 Guild Scheme Markers, when he comes to Drop them, he can either:

Drop 3 Ten Thunders Scheme Markers, because you always Drop Markers friendly to your crew (p64, point 5).

Or

Drop 3 Guild Scheme Markers, because the action says "Drop any Markers removed by this action", the Markers removed being 3 Guild Scheme Markers.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, DuBlanck said:

Hi @Clousseau - which way are you ruling on Shlong's Wandering River Style Four Winds Punch removal and Dropping of three Markers, with regard to Scheme Markers?

I don't think there's been an official ruling from Wyrd yet - I know this is arguably a Rules Forum question, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't come at Nats.

"Remove up to three Scheme, Scrap and/or Corpse within 3" of the target. Push the target 6" in any direction, then Drop any Markers removed by this action within 3" of the target."

It is not explicitly clear (enough) that the Markers removed are the exact same Markers that are dropped, so if Shlong removes 3 Guild Scheme Markers, when he comes to Drop them, he can either:

Drop 3 Ten Thunders Scheme Markers, because you always Drop Markers friendly to your crew (p64, point 5).

Or

Drop 3 Guild Scheme Markers, because the action says "Drop any Markers removed by this action", the Markers removed being 3 Guild Scheme Markers.

From my POV it is simply the actual Markers that were removed are then dropped. Scheme Markers do not change between friendly & unfriendly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, DcVenom said:

I won’t be able to make this now due to a change of circumstances how do we go about re-selling a ticket? 

Sorry to hear you can't make it - but could you please confirm your real name (PM is fine).

You are welcome to post on facebook or wherever to re-sell your ticket - just let me know so I can keep track of names.

2 hours ago, Clousseau said:

From my POV it is simply the actual Markers that were removed are then dropped. Scheme Markers do not change between friendly & unfriendly.

As TO that’ll do for playing shenlong in the event.  On a wholly unrelated note does anyone have a lotus eater I can borrow?