how do you increase mental and physical aspects?

greyangelking

ok i need a bit of a help on this so physical and mental aspects range from -5 to 5 and the most that you can get any aspect to at character creation is 3. ive searched through character advancement combed through the general Talents and skimmed through pursuits looking for any hint about if there is a way for the fated to increase their aspects outside of character creation. any help on this would be appreciated.

There are three ways to increase Aspects.  The first is when you complete one of your Journey Steps, based on your Fate.  There are 5 of those and they will be spread throughout the campaign so they are not necessarily quick gains.

The Second is certain Talents can actually increase an Aspect, but those often have harsh side effects.  I do not have my books on hand but I remember one for Stitched where you get some extra Aspect but you are always slow or something along that lines.

The third way is to temporarily increase them with Magic, there is a spell that increase the mental and one that increases the physical aspects temporarily.

There is chance, that your Fated is Stitched character. Or he became, with brain surgery talent or Raise Undead. And new body or new host could use Flash Construct rules. Kinda interesting to make fated searching new limbs instead of the rotten ones

Well if you are using the Brain Surgery talent you can put the brain in a jar rather than a flesh construct.  The brain in a jar rules mention it can be hooked up to a non-fated undead or construct to let the brain control the body.  So technically if you did not want to be undead you could just be a living brain in a jar and get yourself a wonderful metal body.  The rules in Under Quarantine does not mention it but you should likely consider the character an Invested at that point, as being put in an undead body make you a stitched.  Into the Steam came after Under Quarantine so the term for construct Fated, Invested, was not out yet.  Of course having someone build an exquisite robot body could be rather expensive but... well Robot Body!