Second Edition Regrets

Jesy Blue

I wish I got that Guild McMourning list going faster.  I just had to track down the old 1st edition metal box to get that model of him with the cool pose first, and now that I have it.... I just have completly no desire to play Ressers!

I wish i got to build that Tara Death Marshal crew.  I saw the old Dead Justice box available online and was so close to picking it up, but the 3rd Edition beta was in effect and nothing was guaranteed but I had already picked out a color scheme to paint them.... now it's just not available to do any more and the rest of the Void/Obliteration stuff doesn't interest me at all.

Anyone else got regrets?

• Like 1

Never beat Lilith.

Eventually I eked out a win or two against the resident Lilith player, but only when he was branching out into less familiar crews (and if I remember rightly, so was I).

We have had a much closer replay of that match-up in M3e beta, but a. I still lost and b. It just isn’t the same with a totally different toolkit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm, regrets...  I would say at least one would be not playing Somer enough.  I loved using his Bigger Hat action to have both players discard their hands and seeing how people dealt with it.  Nearing the end of 2nd Ed I was trying out some Resser stuff then we did a fair amount of Henchmen led stuff so I did not get to really give him the number of games he deserved.  I mean I guess I also regret not playing some other masters as much either, heck I could say my regret be that I could not split myself into three people and just play more games.

I still remember my 1.5 regret though.  I had gotten Hoffman's box to use with Levi in a campaign but I planned to play Hoffman once I got the rest of it all together and ready.  I really wanted to try out the off the wall Hoffman Bomb list several times over the Protect Chain list.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ebolazaire said:

I regret never getting to build and play the Leve Horsemen list.

I still think that would look awesome on the table, hoping that they bring back an alt Leve that is able to pull it off.

I always get disappointed because you don't get Levi on a horse. It was much nicer in 1st ed when you got a fully mounted force. (I know you can use the Avatar as a proxy emissary, but it still doesn't get Levi on a horse.)

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Adran said:

I always get disappointed because you don't get Levi on a horse. It was much nicer in 1st ed when you got a fully mounted force. (I know you can use the Avatar as a proxy emissary, but it still doesn't get Levi on a horse.)

I just ordered mounted Leve to use as my Emissary for my Leve crew and I was actually being disappointed about the exact same thing :( 

It would have been great to have him on a horse also... with the Riders in tow...

sigh, I'm currently very tempted to just pick up the 4 riders and paint them up just to have all 5 of the riders, maybe I can convince someone to let me play them together just for laughs :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I'd finished painting every M2E crew before M3E hit. I have Parker, Zipp and Reva left to paint, but with M3E out I now need to add Von Shtook, Basse, Eurpipides and Youko to that list before I can finally claim the title of Pokemon Malifaux Master. ;)

When M3E was announced I actually wrote up a list of crazy crew ideas I wanted to try in M2E before moving onto the next edition. Most of them were pretty stupid, like Marcus w. a Pig crew, So'mer w. nothing but Bayou Gremlins, or Lynch with 3 Samurai, Lust and Torakage to draw most of your deck hand in turn 1. I ticked most of them off, but there were a few I never managed to get around to;

1. Who let the Dogs out - Marcus w. nothing but Guild Hounds, Canine Remians and Corrupted Hounds.  
2. Malifaux Press Corps - Nellie w. a Printing Press and 11 Field Reporters
3. Bearforce One - Marcus w. 8(?) Slate Ridge Maulers,

It's probably for the best that I didn't do the last two, otherwise I'd have more Field Reporters and Slate Ridge Maulers than I'd ever need for M3E!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rathnard said:

1. Who let the Dogs out - Marcus w. nothing but Guild Hounds, Canine Remians and Corrupted Hounds.

I did 2 versions of this, one for a Christmas event and one for regular play, but with Outcasts.

Von Schill, Nix (Hollow upgrade to hire any hound), 4 Guild Hounds, 4 Corrupted Hounds, Hodgepodge Emissary, or as they were otherwise known as, Santa, Rudolph, the 8 reindeer, and the sled of toys.  I even lined them up in order in a line for deployment.

The regular list replaced the Emissary for 3 Canine Remains.

If the scheme pool was really scheme marker heavy, I would use that list, as move 6 minions who aren't Insignificant when they work in pairs does wonders overwhelming elite crews in getting things done.  And Von Schill could survive on his own, hence why he was taken, but I guess you could have used any Master in that slot; Nix is the requirement to make it work.

It was fun, though, and had at least a 75% win ratio.  So your idea is not as crazy as you thought.

• Like 2