Obey and models control

isilmeon

Question

Greetings gentlemen. I had a dispute with my comrades on the subject of some moments related to the control of enemy models. I have my position on these issues, but I decided to ask a question here in order to either confirm it or refute it. So:

1. If I use Obey on an enemy model and it does an interact action to drop a scheme marker - will this marker be enemy or friendly to my crew?

2. If I use Obey on an enemy model and it does an interact action to change alignment of a neutral strategy marker in Turf War's strategy, will the marker become friendly or enemy to my crew?

3. If I use Obey on the enemy model, and this model has a tactical action marked “only friendly models”, can I use this action on the model that performs Obey?

Bonus question: Is there any difference in the wording of the «engaged with» and «engaged by»? Ie if the written «engaged with», does this mean that the model should be within melee range of the enemy model, or is it enough to keep the enemy model within its melee range?image.thumb.png.f88e9d69cadf0d52ea6fb49c53baa5f0.png

4 answers to this question

1. If I use Obey on an enemy model and it does an interact action to drop a scheme marker - will this marker be enemy or friendly to my crew?

I would say friendly, because rulebook page 28 under Markers:

"When a model Drops a Marker, it is friendly to the Crew controlling the model that Dropped it."

2. If I use Obey on an enemy model and it does an interact action to change alignment of a neutral strategy marker in Turf War's strategy, will the marker become friendly or enemy to my crew?

Rulebook page 44 under Turf War:

"A model can take the Interact Action targeting a Strategy Marker in base contact with it to change its alignment from enemy to neutral or from neutral to friendly."

Rulebook page 26 under Friendly, Enemy & Control:

"Regardless of control, the model does not change which models it considers friendly and which it considers an enemy. Control changes who makes the decisions; it does not change the Crew to which the model belongs."

By my reading, a model in my crew will always flip turf markers in my favour, regardless of whether it was controlled by me or my opponent.

3. If I use Obey on the enemy model, and this model has a tactical action marked “only friendly models”, can I use this action on the model that performs Obey?

See above  rulebook quote from Friendly, Enemy & Control.

Bonus question: Is there any difference in the wording of the «engaged with» and «engaged by»? Ie if the written «engaged with», does this mean that the model should be within melee range of the enemy model, or is it enough to keep the enemy model within its melee range?

Page 26 under "Engagement":

"Every model has an engagement range based on the range of its longest :melee Action. If an enemy model is within a friendly model’s engagement range and the friendly model has Line of Sight to the enemy model, the friendly model is considered to be engaging the enemy model, and the enemy model is considered to be engaged by the friendly model."

Rulebook goes on describing what you can't do while engaged by someone.

edit: to be clear, if my 2" engagement is within 2" of your 1" engagement model, we're both "engaged with" a model but only you are "engaged by" a model.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1