Who are The Explorer's Society?

Caedrus

From the Core rules under the faction description:

Originally established as a means to reinvigorate the long-dulled sense of adventure of its founder, the Explorer’s Society has since expanded to focus on unfurling the mysteries of Malifaux and beyond. These aristocrats, dark tourists, and pioneers venture into the unknown corners of this world to seek knowledge, discover new locations, and hunt big game. While their motivations are unclear, their recent push to amass rare artifacts is not

On 5/30/2019 at 4:18 AM, Adran said:

We've gone "Codex" now, which is not a format that works well with a few editions to it each year, so they may well be trying a whole different release approach.

Have we actually gone Codex or were those just faction books for the edition change? (And presumably one for the new faction to kick it off)

I just haven't seen anything saying they were moving away from the anthology model (which I do prefer).

1 hour ago, Gaston said:

Have we actually gone Codex or were those just faction books for the edition change? (And presumably one for the new faction to kick it off)

I just haven't seen anything saying they were moving away from the anthology model (which I do prefer).

This sounds like the “maybe she’s just a little pregnant” phase. ;) 

Suppose they’re going to release a book detailing the six question mark masters shown for Explorer’s society, the six corresponding totems, and enough henchmen, enforcers, and minions for those six masters.  Plus some versatile models.  Doesn’t that sound like roughly the same amount of models as the last few annual books?

There are enough cross-faction keywords that I think it seems inevitable that some “other Faction” keywords are going to be in the Explorer’s book.  But that’s not the sort of thing that’s going to be evenly distributed.

And, really, would you want to listen to people complain about Wyrd announcing a new faction and then releasing it three masters at a time, so it takes five years of annual books to “catch up”?