Special Order Lists (followon from New and Renamed Models)

Like with the New and Renamed Models list, am recopying here before the Beta Forums close.

Just as a followup here, based on the semi-recent announcement of the special order policy, the stuff that isn't available already, or isn't definitely going to be released as a full box (ie, Cornelius). Quite a few I fully expect to be available as individual boxes and so not need special order (Order Initiates, Kabuki Warriors), but until we see box listings, it's hard to be sure.

So here's the curated list of stuff from the "New and Renamed Models" thread, that excludes all the stuff that has just been renamed, or all the stuff that was previously available (ie, Backdraft/Undying).

On 1/19/2019 at 4:45 AM, Morgan Vening said:

ARCANISTS
Order Initiate (new Marcus model)
Elijah Borgmann (new Kaeris model)
Firebranded (new Kaeris model)

BAYOU
Georgy and Olaf (new Somer model)
Good Ol Boy (new Somer model)
Spit Hog (new Somer model)
Mancha Roja (switched Keyword, so might need S/O)
LaCroix Raider (new Ophelia model)
Squealer (new Ulix model)
Test Subject (new Mah model)
Alphonse LeBlanc (new Wong model)

GUILD
Melissa KORE (new Hoffman model)
Agent 46 (new Lucius model)
Alan Reid (new Lucius model)
The Dispatcher (new Dashel model)

NEVERBORN
Blood Hunter (new Nekima model, don't get excited, it's a totem)
Aversion (new Pandora model)

OUTCASTS
Scavenger (new Leveticus model)
Void Hunter (new Tara model)

RESSURECTIONISTS
Dead Dandy (new Seamus model)
Albus Von Schtook (new Master)
Undergraduate (new Von Schtook model)
Research Assistant (new Von Schtook model)

TEN THUNDERS
Kitty Dumont (new Lynch model)
Kabuki Warrior (new Youko model)
Gokudo (new YanLo model)
Desper LaRaux (new McCabe model)
Huckster (new McCabe model)

Am still peeved at having to get Elijah and the Firebranded special order, because the Fire Golem (who should be individual because of his dual nature ability with Sandeep) was added to their box.

Am annoyed that I'll either have to do the same with Von Shtook because of Anna, or eat the cost for a miniature I don't want (I like old Anna much better). In place of Anna, a Student of Viscera (and a box with 2 Steel/2 Sinew), or a Steel and a Sinew (and a box with Visc/Steel/Sinew) would have been a much more elegant solution, IMO. Then you just re-release the old Transmortis box, and it's all done.

Figure I'm probably gonna get hosed on Desper, as I fully expect they will be in a boxed set with Hucksters, and as they're all new models, not available for special order. Because I've already GOT Hucksters. Because of the (3) limitation on Wastrels, and having 3 Miss Anne Thropes, that was the easiest proxy decision I could make. Anyone got a good proxy option for Desper? I'm figuring a female Indiana Jones-ish type is probably what's going to happen, so I'd like that in theme.

EDIT: Removed the ones available individually on the Wyrd release schedule. Also, I was right on the Desper/Huckster box, though wrong it'd be a female Indy, and is instead a Garrett the Thief guy. Don't like.
EDIT2: Added Mancha, due to Keyword change.

55 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Like with the New and Renamed Models list, am recopying here before the Beta Forums close.

Just as a followup here, based on the semi-recent announcement of the special order policy, the stuff that isn't available already, or isn't definitely going to be released as a full box (ie, Cornelius). Quite a few I fully expect to be available as individual boxes and so not need special order (Order Initiates, Kabuki Warriors), but until we see box listings, it's hard to be sure.

So here's the curated list of stuff from the "New and Renamed Models" thread, that excludes all the stuff that has just been renamed, or all the stuff that was previously available (ie, Backdraft/Undying).

Am still peeved at having to get Elijah and the Firebranded special order, because the Fire Golem (who should be individual because of his dual nature ability with Sandeep) was added to their box.

Am annoyed that I'll either have to do the same with Von Shtook because of Anna, or eat the cost for a miniature I don't want (I like old Anna much better). In place of Anna, a Student of Viscera (and a box with 2 Steel/2 Sinew), or a Steel and a Sinew (and a box with Visc/Steel/Sinew) would have been a much more elegant solution, IMO. Then you just re-release the old Transmortis box, and it's all done.

Figure I'm probably gonna get hosed on Desper, as I fully expect they will be in a boxed set with Hucksters, and as they're all new models, not available for special order. Because I've already GOT Hucksters. Because of the (3) limitation on Wastrels, and having 3 Miss Anne Thropes, that was the easiest proxy decision I could make. Anyone got a good proxy option for Desper? I'm figuring a female Indiana Jones-ish type is probably what's going to happen, so I'd like that in theme.

EDIT: Removed the ones available individually on the Wyrd release schedule. Also, I was right on the Desper/Huckster box, though wrong it'd be a female Indy, and is instead a Garrett the Thief guy. Don't like.
EDIT2: Added Mancha, due to Keyword change.

What exactly is wrong with the special orders? That are specifically designed to alleviate issues with rebuying models. "Oh no they bundled a model I have with models I don't. But they gave me the option to buy just the ones I don't have. How dare they." Whoever you buy your stuff from will be able to order the sans-golem box, so what is the problem?

As for the Hucksters, sorry you made proxies for models you knew would be releasing, likely soon? For literally everyone who didn't do that, having them bundled is great. Buy the McCabe core box, and the huckster/desper box and you have basically the whole keyword. Lowers price per model and reduces SKU bloat, which retailers like.

27 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

What exactly is wrong with the special orders? That are specifically designed to alleviate issues with rebuying models. "Oh no they bundled a model I have with models I don't. But they gave me the option to buy just the ones I don't have. How dare they." Whoever you buy your stuff from will be able to order the sans-golem box, so what is the problem?

As for the Hucksters, sorry you made proxies for models you knew would be releasing, likely soon? For literally everyone who didn't do that, having them bundled is great. Buy the McCabe core box, and the huckster/desper box and you have basically the whole keyword. Lowers price per model and reduces SKU bloat, which retailers like.

It's admittedly a minor problem, but it's a matter of delay/convenience, and potentially cost.

Regarding the first, by packaging the Fire Golem in with the rest of the Wildfire Alternate box, I can't just buy the initially announced box. My LGS didn't, as of last week, have any advice on how to get Elijah and the Firebranded. The Burning Bridges box comes out next month. Given shipping to Australia, that could mean I'm anywhere up to 3 months behind, and that's assuming the special order policy is done soon.

The cost issue we're still not clear on. I'm needing about ~60% of the value of a Burning Bridges box, based on existing cost scales (Whiskey Golem/ is $30, most "human" models are about $10, discounted for box set). But if I've got to buy them individually at the individual price, I've just been short shifted because of the decision to add in the Fire Golem, rather than the $27 that the Desper box is at.

Unless the special order price is close to comparative, I'm going to have to buy the Von Shtook box, because one human size out of six isn't going to do much. Just figured they could have gone a different route, and kept Anna as an individual box. Because of all of the inclusions/exclusions that M3E is likely to have, I can see the new Anna being the most unneeded model in a box, out of all of them.

The Desper box, I'm personally fine with now. I'm just going to skip it. Found a miniature I much prefer to Desper. And if you reread, I didn't have an issue with the Desper box, for the exact reasons you reiterated. My concern was that because they're all new, they might not be available for special order, and that would have irked me. Is a moot point now though.