Rannith

Stratagems per activation

Question

4 answers to this question

Nope:

1. Play Stratagems – You may play one Stratagem Card from your hand.

Also it wasn't in your question but you also can't get around it by using a Stratagem at the start of the second activation in a Coordinated Strike as per the FAQ:

10. Can you play a Stratagem in between Activating the two units of a Coordinated Strike?
a. No.

3 hours ago, retnab said:

Nope:

1. Play Stratagems – You may play one Stratagem Card from your hand.

Also it wasn't in your question but you also can't get around it by using a Stratagem at the start of the second activation in a Coordinated Strike as per the FAQ:

10. Can you play a Stratagem in between Activating the two units of a Coordinated Strike?
a. No.

Actually I’m glad of it. The problem was in both of our rule books at leas it doesn’t say play one stratagem it says play a stratagem. My opponent held that this meant they just had to resolve the first before playing another.  Quite frankly the additional two or three breaching bombs were redundant, the first was quite sufficient to do the job.

13 minutes ago, Rannith said:

Actually I’m glad of it. The problem was in both of our rule books at leas it doesn’t say play one stratagem it says play a stratagem. My opponent held that this meant they just had to resolve the first before playing another.  Quite frankly the additional two or three breaching bombs were redundant, the first was quite sufficient to do the job.

It's because there's a paraphrasing on the rules in the stratagem card description.

On the page with the Stratagem Card picture (it's page 13 of the PDF, page 41 of the hard cover) it says "play and resolve a Stratagem Card".  Seven pages later, on the page with the heading "Playing the Game" the text where it's detailing the activation phase details says "Play Stratagems - You may play one Stratagem Card from your hand."

I think the rules do that sort of thing in a few different areas.  

1 hour ago, solkan said:

It's because there's a paraphrasing on the rules in the stratagem card description.

On the page with the Stratagem Card picture (it's page 13 of the PDF, page 41 of the hard cover) it says "play and resolve a Stratagem Card".  Seven pages later, on the page with the heading "Playing the Game" the text where it's detailing the activation phase details says "Play Stratagems - You may play one Stratagem Card from your hand."

I think the rules do that sort of thing in a few different areas.  

Thank you for that. I will have the page reference tattoo’d on my forehead