Dimensional Instability: How Does It Work?

retnab

• 2 weeks later...

First, all of the Fireteams must place into base contact with the same Portal Marker, no matter how far away they all were (sorry ECB Black Ops). 

I can't see which phrase you are refering to with this statement. Why must all of the fireteams being placed at the same portal? (since I really love the ECB this seems like a huge downer considering they cost 10§... are they really worth 10§ if pillars is that hard to pull of??)

3 hours ago, extremor said:

I can't see which phrase you are refering to with this statement. Why must all of the fireteams being placed at the same portal? (since I really love the ECB this seems like a huge downer considering they cost 10§... are they really worth 10§ if pillars is that hard to pull of??)

It's because of this part of Interaction with Squads: "When a Fireteam from a Squad is affected by a place effect, every Fireteam in the Squad is placed unless the effect specifically states otherwise."

As far as the ECB go, Pillars is good but IMO it's something that's better to do in the early game, since later on it just gets harder and harder to do.  That said, if you're playing on Corners as the Attacker and on your first activation can Coordinated Strike from someone who can get them to Glory quickly (Fenton, Horo), then you can do some absolutely insane damage to the enemy before they even leave their DZ.

I don’t get your explanation. So yes I have to place every ecb but why must it be at the same portal? Can‘t I simply chose 3 different portals?

And you can‘t use pillars first turn cause of its effect text. And with the ECB having to move into position without portals and not being engaged and no fireteam destroyed and being in glory and costing 10script... they seem rather useless and overpriced... don’t you think?

No, DI's wording says "you may place its unit in base contact with any other friendly Portal Marker", so it's asking you to choose one Portal Marker to place the whole unit at.

Ahh I missed that on Pillars, haven't looked at it in a while.  But they are FAR from useless, they are extremely good anti-Titans and -Commanders (against a loaded Titan they're Strength 7 before triggers).