Obsidian Statue with Mei Feng

Lemonhead

First of all, I hope this isn’t already discussed in a different thread. If so, sorry for that. 

I am an enthousiastic M2E player, but haven’t read into M3E that much. Very thrilled to get back into the game though and I’m thinking about starting a Mei Feng crew. I’ve read enough about what works well with her, but I miss the Obsidian Statue. As it has abilities to create scrapmarkers and do fire-damage, it looks like a good pick. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

The only comment I saw is that the biggest problem with the statue is it relies on Armour and scrap markers to survive, and if you know you are facing Mei Feng, you are probably going to hire anti armour and anti scrap marker abilities.

But that's going to depend a lot on how much anti tech you find you play against in your meta.

The short answer is, its too early to say for certain. Some people may have tried it and not liked it, that doesn't mean it won't work for everyone.  

Played a game lately, with Mei Feng, Obsidian statue, dawn serpent... Was kinda fun to have 6-7 models gaining a bunch of burning now and then. Tried it because It was a "cool" game (means without much counterpick). It was definitly fun, but was it efficient ? Can't really tell.

I love Obsidian Statue with Mei Feng. Easy scrap generation, tons of burning, some utility with cover and hazardous terrain, and min 3 damage on its attack. Is he a big target? Sure, but that takes pressure off Mei Feng/Kang/scheme runners. I will almost always hire him with Mei in Ten Thunders.

I was just thinking that the statue could be interesting to try in an asami crew. Just make some Obsidian Oni bombs, in the middle of the opponent's team
Asami can summon the Obsidian Oni, then push one or 2 models close enough to it, so that she can use the coordinated attack on it. Then the oni is meant to explode in the middle of an enemy pack of models and everyone will burn, which is pretty cool for the Intense Heat ability of the Statue.
Also, the fact the statue drops a lot of scraps makes it a reservoire of life for Asami and/or the models she summons.