Misery. Which is the target Modell?

Jokerboy

Hi, 

I was asking myself who the target of the Misery ("this model may let the enemy suffer 1 damage") aura is?  Because comparing it with the example on RB page30, I would say the model with Misery is and not the enemy.  Would make Misery much stronger but I am not sure.

Thanks for your opinions. 

No one is the target, as target has its own rules around it in Malifaux terms.

If model A obtains a condition in range of Multiple Misery Auras, the owner of the model may decide which aura will affect the model (But only 1 of the auras will affect it for that condition gain). That misery aura will then either do 1 damage or push it.

Should model A gain another condition in the same activation, then a different models misery aura could affect it for another damage or push. Because the Aura is once per activation, Iggy couldn't use his Misery twice on his turn, but he could us it on his turn, and then again later in another models activation. (and again in yet another models activation and so on).

I hope that answers your question

(Edit- this is a M3 answer based on current beta rules.)

Using the term target was probably not my best idea. I think that not the enemy but the woe is affected by its own aura.

Again just comparing it to the two different Aura examples on page 30.

But thanks for your quick reply and probably already the right answer. :) 

The First example is the relevant one. The model gaining the condition can only be affected by 1 misery Aura.

The line in the aura about it being "this model (the woe)" that does the damage is because there is a choice, and its the owner of the aura that chooses which happens. Its also important in that each misery aura is limited to once per activation.

The model that is affected, is the model that experiences the change in game state ( page 30, just before the examples) (so the model that moves, or suffers damage). And since for misery, this is the model that gained the condition,  it can only have 1 misery aura affect it.