Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kharnage

Hannah Adaptive Tactics Potential Infinite Loop

Recommended Posts

So this isn't actually a huge gamebreaking issue, but Hannah can copy her own Adaptive Tactics action. This only matters because as long as she keeps flipping/stoning/siphoning Tomes for the condition removal trigger, she can remove all negative conditions in a single go, and then actually Adaptive Tactics someone else. Do we care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

So this isn't actually a huge gamebreaking issue, but Hannah can copy her own Adaptive Tactics action. This only matters because as long as she keeps flipping/stoning/siphoning Tomes for the condition removal trigger, she can remove all negative conditions in a single go, and then actually Adaptive Tactics someone else. Do we care? 

Yes she can. This was brought up before (during the Closed Beta, maybe), and it wasn't changed, and it doesn't look like it's a big deal.

Because, and it's a big because, it either requires spending resources, to go through it very far.

Assuming a fairly randomized deck (ie, you haven't already flipped all your Weaks), the chance of success to get it off once, is ~61%. Meaning a ~39% failure rate. Of that 61%, you're only ~25% likely to hit the Purification trigger without a 6+ Tomes from hand, or a SS.

So, ~39% failure chance, ~27% chance of Purification, and ~34% chance of a do-over. 

I'm not sure of what the math shakes out to be, but while there's a theoretical possibility that you can remove more than one Condition in a turn, the likelihood is quite small, and probably not worth concerning yourself.

Also, that's assuming there's a need for a restriction. It's very rare IMO, that a model gets more than two Conditions (at least negative ones) on them, let alone more where this'd be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

So, ~39% failure chance, ~27% chance of Purification, and ~34% chance of a do-over. 

 

Well I mean, as long as she's willing to trade in wounds for Tomes with her Siphon front card ability, she can cheat or top deck fairly consistently, certainly the likely-twice that it would have to iterate to clear the conditions that she doesn't want that aren't stunned. I agree, it's not a big deal, but for people like Kaeris or McCabe who throw out multiple conditions, it's at least annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tri-Chi crew alone hands out Burning and Poison like Halloween candy.  It would be a great tool vs certain crews, especially ones that only do damage through conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Tri-Chi crew alone hands out Burning and Poison like Halloween candy.  It would be a great tool vs certain crews, especially ones that only do damage through conditions.

It's nice, but it should be noted that Hannah can only remove multiple conditions off herself. She can do that and then remove one of another model, but that's the limit, and requires some phenomenal luck, or the expenditure of some resources (most likely dealing 3 damage (as Siphon Power is before you flip), and probably at least one card from hand).

I think you're kinda in the crap with Brewmaster if your opponent declares Freikorps, as Schill has Shrug Off, and the Steam Trunk can remove either Condition, in addition to Hannah and a fair amount of healing. And that's just within Keyword.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...