TeddyBear

Other Masters Version

Hello guys,

although our characters are not famous like The Joker, i really like the idea that new masters version will be available; especially if it is will be done properly, 

will be an advantage for everyone: to us, a minor expense compared to an entire crew; to those who do the tests, a better balance in game and a faster working speed.

Now, guessing, i was wondering if during "Choose Faction and Leader" phase, will be enough declaring only the name of master, or the name-type of master??

Thinking well about this, declaring only name of master and not type, it could be interesting if we were face "the nemesis" of our master, and the new version of our master has different weaknesses than the original.. (i.e. master w/armor - master that ignores armor)  i don't know if i explained myself well.

Anyway, imo, i believe and hope that a good compromise, it could be if the price of new versions of masters, if it were like single other miniature: 11 euros/dollars - 15 euro/dollars.

I had already discussed it in closed beta, and i don't know if you've discussed it yet;  so, what do you think? Opinions?

Thank you.

Because so little is known on how they're handling the situation it's all speculative on how things will be done. We definitely wont hear about any time soon with 3rd edition still being launched and even longer if they don't plan on making them part of the first expansion.

From what was said when initially talking about the alternate masters I doubt we'll see opposing playstyles from two versions of the same masters. Most Masters are designed around crew syergies and to design against that and still be viable would be extremely difficult. I'd expect something closer of things like summoners losing summoning, non-summoners gaining summoning, defensive masters going offensive and vice versa. Perhaps some of the more independent masters will see some wild changes, but I doubt most will.

1 hour ago, TeddyBear said:

Now, guessing, i was wondering if during "Choose Faction and Leader" phase, will be enough declaring only the name of master, or the name-type of master??

I doubt the alternates masters would use an identical name to the original, there has to be some form of identification. Either something like a (V.2) added to there name or what's more likely they'll get an original name like so many of the existing alternate sculpts, like Dr. Dufresne as the McMourning alternate or Mr. Cooper in place of Colette. It's possible many of the existing alternate master sculpts will be the alternate masters. Unfotinately for now all we can do is wait and see.

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

Thinking well about this, declaring only name of master and not type, it could be interesting if we were face "the nemesis" of our master, and the new version of our master has different weaknesses than the original.. (i.e. master w/armor - master that ignores armor)  i don't know if i explained myself well.

The latest beta rules say you pick your leader, but only announce their name, not their title. (page 42)

Since we don't currently have any alternate titles, we don't know if that means you have picked exactly which one you are going to use, its just your opponent doesn't know, or if after you know what leader you are facign you can choose which title to use.

There are two relatively easy approaches to what the title will do. They may change the Playstyle of the Master or they may change the Hiring pool of the master.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

The latest beta rules say you pick your leader, but only announce their name, not their title. (page 42)

Since we don't currently have any alternate titles, we don't know if that means you have picked exactly which one you are going to use, its just your opponent doesn't know, or if after you know what leader you are facign you can choose which title to use.

There are two relatively easy approaches to what the title will do. They may change the Playstyle of the Master or they may change the Hiring pool of the master.

Actually, we do. Granted, you can't actually choose it as the Leader, but McCabe's mounted and dismounted version is exactly how the "alternate title" thing is likely to be done.

Name, comma, title.

Now, for most Masters, all bar McCabe, they don't have an existing title, I'm not sure if they'll redo the base cards adding a title, along with the new Master's card, or just have the original be "untitled", but I'm assuming that's how they would handle it.

It should also be noted that while this was discussed in the Closed Beta (at least in Red Team), it wasn't confirmed as definite, just that it was the most likely direction when they cancelled character specific Upgrades. It's possible Wyrd go in a different direction, or just choose not to expand the Master's variations at all. I think the last is the least likely, but is possible.

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Now, for most Masters, all bar McCabe, they don't have an existing title, I'm not sure if they'll redo the base cards adding a title, along with the new Master's card, or just have the original be "untitled", but I'm assuming that's how they would handle it.

The title rules specifically cover for untitled, and how it's different from any other.  Once they start happening though, I'll be curious how the community starts short-handing them.   Say we get "Seamus, A.K.A Sebastian Baker".   Will we call them "pSeamus" (Prime Seamus) and "AKASeamus"?   I just hope we don't wuss out and start calling them 1,2, etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, retnab said:

If it happens, I doubt anyone will call Beach Party Raspy by anything else :P 

Beach Vacation Rasputina and Beach Party Kaeris are going to be really confusing, though.  😎

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

...It’s Beach Party Von Schill that I worry about. “Half man. Half machine. Zero shirts.”

But how is he supposed to rip it off if he's not wearing it...?

Just now, santaclaws01 said:

He's got a stack next to him to rip. The man's tailor fees must be through the roof. Explains the lack of Freikorps suits around I suppose 😎

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Beach Party Von Schill variant: The Shorts Come Off

(then I wondered whether this implied Hannah telekinetically ripped off bathing suits at range and got lost in a loop of ‘cannot unsee’)

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Hannah in a one piece, still in the mech, big sun hat, giant fists holding beach umbrella.

Tara in a tankini with a peekaboo cutout.

Jack Daw hanging from a palm tree in a Hawaiian shirt, oversized Bermuda shorts, and comically large sunglasses.

I'm sorry, I'm really stuck on this Outcast Beach Episode AU fanfic now....

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Beach Party Von Schill variant: The Shorts Come Off

(then I wondered whether this implied Hannah telekinetically ripped off bathing suits at range and got lost in a loop of ‘cannot unsee’)

I think we’re exceeding the allowed rating categories.  😳

31 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Hannah in a one piece, still in the mech, big sun hat, giant fists holding beach umbrella.

Tara in a tankini with a peekaboo cutout.

Jack Daw hanging from a palm tree in a Hawaiian shirt, oversized Bermuda shorts, and comically large sunglasses.

I'm sorry, I'm really stuck on this Outcast Beach Episode AU fanfic now....

Hamelin befriends the true winged plague: seagulls.

• Agree 2

I was going to suggest some Resurrectionist beach alts, but they are all too pasty for the sunlight.... so maybe it would just be a bunch of people/ zombies/ nightmare horrors under beach umbrellas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Now I kinda want this one. I'm imagining Scorpius/Harvey from Farscape, and it just feels so right, as torment was what Scorpius was all about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stonecrowe said:

I was going to suggest some Resurrectionist beach alts, but they are all too pasty for the sunlight.... so maybe it would just be a bunch of people/ zombies/ nightmare horrors under beach umbrellas. 

Emilia "Black Joker" Bathory* reclining on a beach chair.  A refreshing beverage rests on the tombstone that somehow manages to fit on the base.  The umbrella must, due to base size constraints and Wyrd finally acknowledging base overhang**, is on the totem's base.

* I have no idea how to spell this name properly.

** The beach chair, of course, extends past the edge of the base.  😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stonecrowe said:

I figured Ressers would pick up the inevitable haunted hot springs episode (with frequent jump cuts to Archie sending flying the latest intruder to the women’s baths) but I’m on board with the Bathory beach chair—extra points if she’s soaking her toes in a footbath which might or might not be filled with fresh blood.

• Haha 2

Is it too much to ask for animated shorts? Separate from the Tales of Malifaux, more centered on Comedy? 

Not in *my* grimdark Western sci-fi steampunk universe?

If 40k can release kids books and chibi inquisitors, we can get a non-sequitur YouTube channel of shorts!

On 5/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, SAYNE said:

Is it too much to ask for animated shorts? Separate from the Tales of Malifaux, more centered on Comedy? 

Not in *my* grimdark Western sci-fi steampunk universe?

Continuing the series, Guild gets Broken Promises: Outtakes. One of those old-fashioned scene boards is held up and clapped in between each take.

[*]Perdita storms out of the break room.

Offscreen voice: CUT!

Sonnia: What do you mean, cameras were rolling?!?!

[*]Nellie, flipping through a thin sheaf of notes: Are you sure this is everything? There doesn’t seem to be much plot to this...

[*]McCabe finishes scrubbing at the floor, gets back up to one knee, camera keeps panning upward to reveal Lucius had been sitting in the nearby chair all along.

[*]Nellie gives the coffee machine a good hard sideways kick, which rocks it backwards...and slowly forwards again until it topples over and pins her to the ground. McCabe laughing onscreen, laughter offscreen.

[*]McMourning: ...How are you? Love the hair.

Lady Justice leans over and opens the fridge. Inside, Sebastian (or at least his head) pulls a big sloppy smile at her.

[*]Hoffman and Perdita eyeball each other, but she cracks up laughing an instant before he does.

[*]Coffee machine is still tipped over on the floor, but Sonnia pours herself a cup anyway and leaves again, ignoring Nellie’s protests of ‘is anybody going to get this thing off of me? Help! I’m serious here’

[*]Perdita: (struggling not to laugh) Bitch, please. You thought you had a chance with this?

Laughter offscreen.

[*]Guild guard: Think fast!

She throws the severed head at Lucius, who dribbles it twice off of his knees before kicking it back to her. Cheers, applause from one lawyer.

[*]Darkened set.

Nellie: This is oppression of the press! Sonnia! Justice! Perdita! ...anyone? You guys haven’t all gone home, have you?...

• Haha 6