Release Questions Regarding M2E Starter Set

Arctilius

Hello all, just wanted to know if there were any news regarding redistribution of the models included in the M2E starter set (that being Dr. Grimwell, Nurse Heartsbane, 2 Orderlies for Guild and Angel Eyes, Scion of Black Blood, 2 Bloodwretches for Neverborn). I'm interested in getting Angel Eyes for my Neverborn crew but if the models in this set will be redistributed/repackaged in a M3E starter set then I will wait. If this is posted in the wrong category then I apologize. Ours!

6 hours ago, Arctilius said:

Hello all, just wanted to know if there were any news regarding redistribution of the models included in the M2E starter set (that being Dr. Grimwell, Nurse Heartsbane, 2 Orderlies for Guild and Angel Eyes, Scion of Black Blood, 2 Bloodwretches for Neverborn). I'm interested in getting Angel Eyes for my Neverborn crew but if the models in this set will be redistributed/repackaged in a M3E starter set then I will wait. If this is posted in the wrong category then I apologize. Ours!

You might find more traffic in the Malifaux discussion (likewise the Neverborn Lucius question might see more answers in the Neverborn section of the forum). If you want me to move them, please ask, otherwise I'll leave them here.

In answer to your question, We haven't yet been told anything about the redistribution of these models. I have no idea if they intend to do a M3e starter set, and if it would contain these models or new ones (These were carefully designed for the M2E set to let you slowly introduce things like triggers and upgrades as you go through the learning games. They don't appear to have the same M3 restrictions).

We don't know very much about the re-packaging. I currently assume they are doing away with the multifaction boxes, but only on the fact we know the Fire Golem is switching somewhere else, and those boxes aren't all moved to the same keywords, but that's just my feeling and has no proof.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:46 AM, Adran said:

You might find more traffic in the Malifaux discussion (likewise the Neverborn Lucius question might see more answers in the Neverborn section of the forum). If you want me to move them, please ask, otherwise I'll leave them here.

In answer to your question, We haven't yet been told anything about the redistribution of these models. I have no idea if they intend to do a M3e starter set, and if it would contain these models or new ones (These were carefully designed for the M2E set to let you slowly introduce things like triggers and upgrades as you go through the learning games. They don't appear to have the same M3 restrictions).

We don't know very much about the re-packaging. I currently assume they are doing away with the multifaction boxes, but only on the fact we know the Fire Golem is switching somewhere else, and those boxes aren't all moved to the same keywords, but that's just my feeling and has no proof.

Hi @Adran, yes I would most appreciate it if you could move these discussions, I'm unfamiliar with the forums so any help in improving traffic then is most appreciated. I'm gathering as much Neverborn stuff as I can for M3E as I love the sculpts for that Faction, and I've been told that keyword-wise Angel Eyes works well with Lucius, as is the upcoming Agent 46. Many thanks for the kind offer and information. Ours!

Right now i've been looking and found nothing about a repackaging but all the FLGS's i visit have said "if you want the 2E starter for any reason get it now because when its gone its gone forever" so if only for the models and the sweet guild/neverborn themed fate decks -which if you want all neverborn how can you miss their own fate deck!- stuff i would try tracking down the 2nd edition starter now before they end up, to use a term my grandad used to say, 'Rare as Rocking Horse Shit' down the line.

53 minutes ago, dope_danny said:

sweet guild/neverborn themed fate decks

... which are unfortunately going to have jokers that have rules printed on them that are going to be wrong in 3rd edition.  :(

If the M2E starter box's contents are an indication, the models could be repacked into two separate boxes easily enough.  But the introductory booklet needs to be almost completely rewritten, and the scenarios redone.