Rules re: Assets and Combined Arms

Hi all,

Just a quick question for clarification about Assets and Combined Arms. My understanding is that Combined Arms teams cannot take additional assets. Does this mean that:

1.) Combined Arms units like Steel Legion and Mech Infantry cannot take Prototypes?

2.) If they cannot take assets, can they still take adjuncts?

I ask because I played a fun Abby mirror match last week  and my partner got his Mech Infantry up to AV11 by shooting first with a prototype, then an engineer, both fire teams, and the Titan. My first thought was “for 8ss this is amazing, why am I not doing this!” 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

They played it correctly, the Combined Arms Fireteam itself can't get Assets which is basically there to say you can't give the Steel Legion a Titan-only Asset, but the Steel Legion itself can still be given anything it could take on its own like an Adjunct or Prototypes a Squad has access to.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, retnab said:

They played it correctly, the Combined Arms Fireteam itself can't get Assets which is basically there to say you can't give the Steel Legion a Titan-only Asset, but the Steel Legion itself can still be given anything it could take on its own like an Adjunct or Prototypes a Squad has access to.

Just to make sure there's nothing I'm forgetting, if the Steel Legion gets a Flare Gun, the Cutter is allowed to the be fireteam to fire the flare if it wants to, right?  It's "A Fireteam in this unit" so meets all the qualifications for taking the versatile action?

• Agree 1

Yup, they are a fireteam in the unit, but not a squad fireteam in the unit (ie can't shove hits from commanders onto the walker or cutter)

To OP:

Mech infantry are amazing. Theoretical max pen flip for them is 32 or something. In actual it's not that good due to the number of shots they take mills your own deck to low cards preventing the potential mess. But 5-8 attacks each adding +AV and thus damage is so very good, getting a 20 pen flip per activation is really achievable which will wipe any 3model squad.

• Agree 1