dannydb

2 hours ago, Deeds said:

Hey Guys.

How does a crew usually look?

Sandeep

Totem

Kandara

Mage

are the core things and then? What else have you got in no matter what the pool is.

i've been taking a SVG more and more in the last games ive played and super impressed with him, the little pushes he gives to the crew are great and its a bit more suplimental card draw to the crew.

added on to the fact he has a decent damage out put (regardless of if you play ricohet as per faq or not) and is fairly tanky and is also a good magical training carrier

from there it depends on the mission and the opponent. i tend to take sandeep in leylines so the rider comes in as its great as a ball carryer and giving your models extra activations, two gamin who aim to become a golem turn 1, although i might take the golem right off the bat if expecting exorcism triggers ect. if your playing symbols with him alternativly you might find wind gamin are good hires to go get the markers 

or it might be you want to bring a tech pick or something for the scheme pool out of keyword say 

7 hours ago, dannydb said:

i've been taking a SVG more and more in the last games ive played and super impressed with him, the little pushes he gives to the crew are great and its a bit more suplimental card draw to the crew.

added on to the fact he has a decent damage out put (regardless of if you play ricohet as per faq or not) and is fairly tanky and is also a good magical training carrier

from there it depends on the mission and the opponent. i tend to take sandeep in leylines so the rider comes in as its great as a ball carryer and giving your models extra activations, two gamin who aim to become a golem turn 1, although i might take the golem right off the bat if expecting exorcism triggers ect. if your playing symbols with him alternativly you might find wind gamin are good hires to go get the markers 

or it might be you want to bring a tech pick or something for the scheme pool out of keyword say 

The reason why I asked something stupid this is because I need to know what to buy next.

I just started with arcanists and got Kaeris, burning Bridges, Cold as Ice Box, Sandeep Box but the M2E Edition one, Peer Review Box, Center Stage Box, Wind Gamins

I guess next one is Metal Gamin/Golem Set, Rider and Effigy/Emissary Box, correct?

i don't think you need the metal gamin/golem, its generaly the one i dont then to use as often (unless for some reason i need the double posative to hit from the built in and focus for some reason?)

the rider and the effy/emmy would be my next buys, the rider just gives mobility and extra card draw, while the emmy is just a big fat beater that doesn't scream "hit me with armour perising/dispel magic" like your golems do

16 hours ago, dannydb said:

the rider and the effy/emmy would be my next buys, the rider just gives mobility and extra card draw, while the emmy is just a big fat beater that doesn't scream "hit me with armour perising/dispel magic" like your golems do

Done xD

As a general rule, you probably want Magical training on a minion. Preferably one that is fairly safe.

Diesel engine is nice if you think the concealment is going to be useful, and you have a construct to put it on, especially one that is likely to charge a lot. (So the emissary is a good choice).

Soulstone cache is normally wanted for 1 of 3 reasons - You want a model to hit triggers, you expect a lot of death and want extra stones, you expect to spend a lot of stones, and quite like the bonus flip. 

2 hours ago, Deeds said:

What models would you give some upgrades.

SVG and OxMage anyone else?

generaly for magical training its SVGs and ox mages in sandeep crews 

if im taking the emmy and have the points spare i usually put either diesel engine for the concealment and charge damage, or magic training so its a tankyness becomes a resource drain between its free action and counterspell 

i've yet to realy put SSC anywhere in sandeep crews, did at one stage put it on banasuva to stop him dying to a stiff breze but its just a drain of stones then

On 6/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, dannydb said:

Tried the SVG today and my god they are awesome. Good Dmg, nice Pushes. Really cool

2 minutes ago, Deeds said:

Tried the SVG today and my god they are awesome. Good Dmg, nice Pushes. Really cool

yer they are so useful especially in sandeeps prefered stratergy of leylines where the pushes to counter the enemy knocking your leyline carriers off the markers is realy helpful

• 1 month later...
Just now, Cranky Old Man said:

That’s what I meant. I thought most would be using fire. Do you hire one and the summon two to get him?

i tend to hire two to reduce the risk of missing out on a golem turn 1 and also so i can summon another gamin at the same time

• Agree 1

• 6 months later...

Let's say I have one hired gaming and two summoned of the same type. If I then activate the two summoned and get rid of their slow and activate the gaming without slow to make it into a golem, will the summon upgrade then count as "attached" again so that the golem gets slow, even if none of the gamin that combined had slow ? 

20 minutes ago, esqulax said:

Let's say I have one hired gaming and two summoned of the same type. If I then activate the two summoned and get rid of their slow and activate the gaming without slow to make it into a golem, will the summon upgrade then count as "attached" again so that the golem gets slow, even if none of the gamin that combined had slow ? 

Yes. 

(Although this doesn't work as you wrote, you can only do it at the start of a summoned elemental turn becasue only they have the with our powers combined. But even if you removed slow from them before they activate you attach the summon upgrade to the golem, so it will gain slow)

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

Yes. 

(Although this doesn't work as you wrote, you can only do it at the start of a summoned elemental turn becasue only they have the with our powers combined. But even if you removed slow from them before they activate you attach the summon upgrade to the golem, so it will gain slow)

Ahh yes ofc you only can. Pardon the brainfart. 

• 2 months later...

I think she's still a fine pick. With summons getting hit in GG2, Sandeep will need to be a bit more careful with his hiring pool now. Kandara is an excellent scheme runner and will likely be the go-to choice due to her agile, and serene countenance.

The Mantra hit will be felt for sure, but it needed to change as it dwarfed the Mantra's in terms of power. She'll now be taken for more than just her Mantra, which is a good thing.

Throw knife is an amazing attack and with her not needing to be so Mantra focused, she might have better opportunities to actually use it now

• Agree 1

kandara i still think is a key part of the sandeep build for controling space with her ranged staggered, yes her card draw has been hit, but she's still a decent schemer/area controler and still works well with the fire golem 

I think it also means that SVGs might see more play with know the warrior giving them a tad more play 

So with the new GG2 shakeup, it seems like most summoners will need to rethink their hiring pools.

Sandeep is such a master where I would rely on summons to do most of my scheming. Obviously that's not a thing in GG2, and interacts are up from the previous GG season.

So how are people thinking about hiring now? Are you looking to hire things like wind gamin? Are you looking to more academic support? How does this new rule set change up how you approach Sandeep? 

Personally, I'm looking more at the Vidiya Guards then I was previously. They're one of the better caddies for Magical Training now. Their pushes seems more relevant in GG2. Plus the card draw for Know the Warrior will also be pulling more weight now that Kandara has changed.

Speaking of Kandara, I feel like her role may shift into more of a schemer/denial piece now that she's no longer the card draw engine for the crew.

I don't feel like Kudra has quite found her place yet. Disillusion is still quite strong but I'm still not sure if she takes the spot of a golem.

Ox Mages continue to baffle me and despite the importance of hired models, I still don't see myself hiring them. Even though, I think that Arcane Conduit now can remove slow from summoned golems?

I think Sandeep is going to play the same game as other summoners. That is summons are there to distract/kill/stop the other guy from scoring. While you hire all the major stuff you need to get your objectives done. 

Sandeep still has the best Summoning stat in the game and a fairly absurd range to drop them. Sandeep can potentially pick two models 26" away from each other and drop a gamin into engagement with each of them. If the opponent doesn't have movent tricks or a good way to remove 2 4-5 wound Armored models a turn they're gonna be in a bad spot.

If you're willing to do 1 damage to your own summons Kandara can pulse out staggered too, with no chance to resist. Meaning you can shut down a lot of movement tricks on top of dropping fairly tough summons in engagement.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, Jordon said:

So how are people thinking about hiring now? Are you looking to hire things like wind gamin? Are you looking to more academic support? How does this new rule set change up how you approach Sandeep? 

I would guess you're normally hiring 1-2 wind gamin. With the nerf to necropunks and the midnight stalker they may be the best scheme runner in the game. Move 6, suited leap, armor 1, and flight! Now that summoning them is less effective I think you have to hire them in just about any pool.