Sonnia buying list

Ursah

Hey!, im an old player comming back and starting again with M3E, what do you think are the must buy things for sonnia and her boys?

Already have the initial box and withcling handlers, wanted to expand from there

Thanks a lot!

15 minutes ago, Ursah said:

Hey!, im an old player comming back and starting again with M3E, what do you think are the must buy things for sonnia and her boys?

Already have the initial box and withcling handlers, wanted to expand from there

Thanks a lot!

honestly, I don't know the must buys yet. But these are some of the more basic buys that I think would make sense.  

So, in theme you have the Sanctioned Spellcasters, the Thallarian Quellors, and the Witchling Thralls.  They are (in the same order) scheme runners, utility, and beater models.

Out of theme, I think it was trist who was suggesting the Pathfinder was a really good fit.  And the Judge is one of the best card draw models in the game right now, which is valuable with anyone.  

I agree with @4thstringer in terms of purchases generally.

Sonnia's summoning has actually be expanded, and she is now able to summon any "witchling" model (it depends on the cost of the model she kills).  This can include the Purifying Flame, Stalkers, and now Thrall.   So you will definitely want to pick up the Witchling Thrall pack, as if the opportunity presents itself that is a fantastic model to summon onto the board.   

I also agree with Sanctioned Spellcasters.  In their current incarnation in the Beta (and likely final incantation) they are really solid minis at 4 soulstones with pretty easy access to fast.  I believe that they will be one of the hidden gems for the Witchunter key word.  

I think the Quellers are a bit of a tougher sell at the moment.  I don't really like where they ended up, but time may tell if they are actually worth it.   At this point I'm not sure if they are on Sonnia's short list quite yet.  

As for out of keyword, the main things you are looking for are card draw and pushes.   Sonnia wants to be spending all of her AP making really big explosions, not walking.  So any models that can help her get into position are great picks.   Card Draw is always helpful, especially for a blaster like Sonnia who really wants to filter weak cards into the discard and stack her hand for blasting.   In addition to the Pathfinder and Judge, i will be trying out these models in my Sonnia Crews;

- Mounted Guard - for access to Ride with Me for movement and Watch your Back can get Sonnia out of an engagement.  Sonnia's crew is typically soul stone hungry and Loot their Corpse can help convert all those burnt corpses you generate into additional soul stones.  The replace is nice, especially since Wyrd has announced that they will be fixing the issue with conditions and replace.

- Brutal Effigy / Emissary - Sonnia makes pretty good use out of Aura of Vengence, since she is pretty good at damaging and killing stuff.  And the ability for the effigy to "grow up" into the emissary is a really scary ability on turn 3.

- Guardian- Take the Hit, Toss, and a Greatsword.  Makes for a pretty strong bodyguard for Sonnia, who can also move her or her enemies around with toss.

-Riot Breaker- while it doesn't have any direct synergy with Sonnia herself, I think that the Riot Breaker will be an indispensable counter pick for Guild players.  If your opponent announces Euripides, Rasputina or any other master who relies on creating and using "Destructible Terrain", the Riot Breaker's Blow it to Hell is the most reliable counter.  He also has Crowd Control- which makes him a solid counter pick to obey masters like Lucius.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corn said:

-Riot Breaker- while it doesn't have any direct synergy with Sonnia herself, I think that the Riot Breaker will be an indispensable counter pick for Guild players.  If your opponent announces Euripides, Rasputina or any other master who relies on creating and using "Destructible Terrain", the Riot Breaker's Blow it to Hell is the most reliable counter.  He also has Crowd Control- which makes him a solid counter pick to obey masters like Lucius.

Or if the opponent does both (hello Misaki!). Yikes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Corn said:

- Mounted Guard - for access to Ride with Me for movement and Watch your Back can get Sonnia out of an engagement.  Sonnia's crew is typically soul stone hungry and Loot their Corpse can help convert all those burnt corpses you generate into additional soul stones.  The replace is nice, especially since Wyrd has announced that they will be fixing the issue with conditions and replace.

I like the Pale Rider for the ability to  splash out Burning and Slow, with a small heal, and it shares the movement benefits with the Mounted Guards.

I've never considered the Loot Their Corpses though, I'll have to try it!

• Like 1