What the Hell is Burning Bridges?

54 minutes ago, silvershadow206 said:

Common guys and gals, we've gotta have some idea 😂😂😂 

Me and my friends think it's an event set with Archanists and something 

It's definitely an Arcanist box based on the SKU.

The SKU is WYR23302, which breaks down as
WYR23 = Mali 3rd Ed.
The next number is faction, 1 for Guild, 2 for Resser, 3 for Arcanist, etc.
The final two are just a number catalog of order.

As to what it is, I'm not sure. At it's price, it's the equivalent of a Core box. But it's not Kaeris (WYR23315). There's no Rasputina Core listed, the only Master for Arcanist that isn't, but I can't see the name being appropriate.

It could be a renamed Worshippers of Fire (Kaeris expansion pack, Borgman and Firebranded), but that'd be weird, as a) that name is better, and b) that's pricey for 4 models. I suppose if they combined in the Fire Golem, maybe, though as someone who needs Borgman and the Firebranded, but already own the Fire Golem, that'd just annoy me).

Guess we'll find out in a month or so.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, silvershadow206 said:

It appears we now know and I wants it lol

Wait, what?

Does this mean we're not getting the Worshippers of Fire box?

Cause I'm gonna be more than a little upset if I have to pay more to get a Fire Golem I can't use, as I already bought one with Backdraft, and they're Enforcers.

Completely unenthused by this development. I was sure we'd been assured we could get the "new stuff" without having to buy duplicate models. If it was a small model, that'd be one thing. But you know that the Fire Golem is a good 40+% of the box cost. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Wait, what?

Does this mean we're not getting the Worshippers of Fire box?

Cause I'm gonna be more than a little upset if I have to pay more to get a Fire Golem I can't use, as I already bought one with Backdraft, and they're Enforcers.

Completely unenthused by this development. I was sure we'd been assured we could get the "new stuff" without having to buy duplicate models. If it was a small model, that'd be one thing. But you know that the Fire Golem is a good 40+% of the box cost. 

According to Nathan there will be a way to get the box without the golem. I am not sure about the cost though. Wyrd tends to have high shipping costs to remoted countries.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dannydb said:

I think for every kicking of it would mean that they would have had to stick the fire golem in another lot somewhere as the backdraft kit has split over 2 crews.

I mean it was either going to be in this box or the new kearis box

Well, Sandeep can hire elementals so no very keyword friendly for him. Golem is big enough to be alone in one box, I don't understand this change TBH.

• Agree 1

FYI:

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

We are making efforts in as many ways as we can to reduce the odds of our players from having to repurchase something that they don't need while simultaneously reducing analysis paralysis for new players getting into the game and building a Crew for the first time. Combining older models with new ones paired with the option for special ordering specific models for a given time was the best solution to this tricky problem. 

If any of our previous messages have been unclear about how we are going about doing this, then I hope to alleviate confusion or frustration. We will be doing special orders for new models that have been combined with older models and/or boxes. These special orders will be made available through your local retailer or through us directly for the first year.  At one point, Alphonse being added to the Wong Core Box was used as an example, but I could see the inverse of a Fire Golem being included with Elijah and friends being confusing. 

Hopefully that clears things up!

Think this covers it.

22 minutes ago, mythicFOX said:

FYI:

Think this covers it.

It really depends on how this is handled outside the USA, as someone has pointed out, shipping costs from Wyrd to Europe (for example) are quite steep so is not much cheaper to buy one model than the full box and the distribution here in spain is a total disaster. That statement though talks about new models, so I suppose you can buy elijah and the others but not so sure about the golem

18 minutes ago, longfanz said:

It really depends on how this is handled outside the USA, as someone has pointed out, shipping costs from Wyrd to Europe (for example) are quite steep so is not much cheaper to buy one model than the full box and the distribution here in spain is a total disaster. That statement though talks about new models, so I suppose you can buy elijah and the others but not so sure about the golem

You are right it will only allow you to buy Elijah and the Firebrands, there isn't going to be the option to only buy the Fire golem (As far as I can see). Shipping isn't really something Wyrd has a lot of control over, so you may well find that in your country it is cheaper to get the full pack rather than the reduced pack, but when I first read about the "reduced" pack, it looked like it was something you would be able to buy in your local stores, so it shouldn't have any more shipping that way, you just need to get the store to order it for you. How your countries distribution works is another matter entirely, and other than the fact Wyrd appear to have acknowledged there is a problem and they are trying to resolve it., there is nothing I can offer.

EDIT - And in fact Kyle has confirmed that it is intended to be available both through Wyrd, and your local stores so you can use the method that is best for you

• Like 1

I also think there trying to get away from single model boxes. Now yes I guess for masters like Sandeep who are a hodgepodge of other keywords it be interesting to see what his new box looks like. I'd imagine it prob focus on the academic side and then maybe there will be elemental boxes?

Mostly I am surprised there are already enough fire golems in players’ hands that this is a problem. From everything I read about dickering and trading less-wanted parts of Backdraft, there were fewer golems than players and I thought the second-hand market for fire golems (to players who own Sandeep but not Kaeris ((yet)) ) would be very healthy.

3 hours ago, dannydb said:

I also think there trying to get away from single model boxes. Now yes I guess for masters like Sandeep who are a hodgepodge of other keywords it be interesting to see what his new box looks like. I'd imagine it prob focus on the academic side and then maybe there will be elemental boxes?

He’s going to get the Oxfordian mages certainly, but I can’t guess who Ironsides will get in her core box now. Miners are useful for Colette also, steamfitters are explicitly dual-keyword...

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Mostly I am surprised there are already enough fire golems in players’ hands that this is a problem. From everything I read about dickering and trading less-wanted parts of Backdraft, there were fewer golems than players and I thought the second-hand market for fire golems (to players who own Sandeep but not Kaeris ((yet)) ) would be very healthy.

He’s going to get the Oxfordian mages certainly, but I can’t guess who Ironsides will get in her core box now. Miners are useful for Colette also, steamfitters are explicitly dual-keyword...

Toni is so Henchman focused it might just be her, Mouse, and her 3 henchmen :P 

(hopefully not really)

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, Gnomezilla said:

Maybe they'll give her Gunsmiths and a second henchman? And though Miners are useful for Colette, they're out of keyword, so they're probably the most likely include.

27 minutes ago, BFOmega said:

Maybe they'll give her Gunsmiths and a second henchman? And though Miners are useful for Colette, they're out of keyword, so they're probably the most likely include.

Ironsides’ box is visible in previews now and you guessed right, she gets Amina and Union miners now. (I wonder where the Captain will gooooo wait a minute the new faction is Explorers, they will hire him eventually no doubt.)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Ironsides’ box is visible in previews now and you guessed right, she gets Amina and Union miners now. (I wonder where the Captain will gooooo wait a minute the new faction is Explorers, they will hire him eventually no doubt.)

I'm guessing they pulled him out of the crew box since he's Versatile to let people buy him without needing the rest of the M&SU

On 5/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Gnomezilla said:

He finally got Vidiya Guards XD