2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - May

Caedrus

On 5/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, Stranglelove said:

@PetitDalek Sweet Ophelia! Are you gonna work on the Young Lacroix. My father's been painting them and they have such great sculpts.

LOL, you are completely right! I am going to paint the three Young Lacroix in June. The French Malifaux community has a challenge of painting three minis for the M3E release and I picked the three totems as it seemed fun and also would net me 6 SS for here. But damn do they have a scale problem! They are gremlin giants :D

@Franchute, my best congrats for your homemade wood bases; they are definitely better than the best ones we can fing on the market.

Now, I'm looking to buy all I need from GreeStuffWord to homemake my bases too. May I ask you what stuff did you used on your own? May be milliput? I read it's important working with stuff not sticking to rolls.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

@Phinn directional lighting totally works. I also thought of it approaching an entrance to the sewer as well.

Hamelin's face looks rockstsr-tastic.

@bedjy - serious output for TTB love the reds and oranges and how you've managed a unified aesthetic with individual character for the different units. Basing is also class.

@Boomstick living the laser-sword ninja. Also, do I spy the use of Greenstuff world's basically-designed-for-Malifaux pavement roller?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

@Franchute, my best congrats for your homemade wood bases; they are definitely better than the best ones we can fing on the market.

Now, I'm looking to buy all I need from GreeStuffWord to homemake my bases too. May I ask you what stuff did you used on your own? May be milliput? I read it's important working with stuff not sticking to rolls.

Thanks in advance.

I simply used green stuff. I needed a couple trials. I added water so that it doesnt stick. The result is not perfect, but then you can add skulls or sand on top of the parts you messed up. I also cut the excess around the base with a scalpel.

I saw a youtube video by greenstuffworld where they were showing how they proceed. If I find it, I'll send it to you.

• Thanks 1

@Caedrus  Thanks for caring!  Another busy month trying to finish my Master's Degree.  I managed to get some centipede dudes done, albeit in rather boring earthtones. 

Base needs work still, but here they are.  Krakinoi 40mm x3 for 21points this month.  Picture is a bit potato... Can't get the yellow out of my basement lights.

nqXhGAz.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

There's some videos at their site too about rolling bases with different stuffs.

It might be the same video then.

Supreme Lord @Caedrus I may finish a firestarter before the end of the month (i.e. before tonight 😱). I'll let you know if I succeed and what is my final soulstone amount for May.

• Thanks 1

@Caedrus

Time to 'fess up. I didn't get anything done this month. First it was a bit hectic and then I ended the month with one of those colds where walking from the bed to the couch around noon and then back again at night is challenge enough for the day, thank you very much.

So, it's a first mulligan for me. I've got a bunch of Urami models that are built and primed (Goryo, Gaki, Shikome and Francis) that I'm psyched to finish at least some of in June. Don't you just love it when you think you've done a bang up gap filling job job and prime and realize that you might not have gap filled at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, emiba said:

Don't you just love it when you think you've done a bang up gap filling job job and prime and realize that you might not have gap filled at all?

Thankfully it's not too late. I did some gap filling on my Crime Boss halfway through the paintjob:D

Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...