2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - May

Caedrus

@Viruk thanks for the positive comment as always.  Your marcus crews are seriously impressive, I still love those cereberuses.  I'm also jealous that you get to paint some unreleased modes (and see what they look like).  I'd be more annoyed if I didn't know you'll do way better with them than I could, ha.

• Like 1

@Franchute - well, sort of :) There will be some new minis from me to show when the time is right :) Regarding the Fire Gamins - now that I look at them, I really like the final effect. What I can suggest though is to play around with fire a little more. Flames rarely look schematic and the colors there can actually be quite chaotically mixed up. So if you feel like playing with the minis a little more, you could try adding a very light touch of dark red to the hair in the recesses.

• Thanks 1

Great job everyone, this thread is a real motivation! @Viruk, it's very cool that you get to paint new models, I cannot wait to see them.

I did better than last month. I finished BEFORE the last night of the month :D 

I enjoy painting Gremlins, they are small and the green skin is fun. The only problem was Ophelia's face, she has no sculpted nose and basically no sculpted eyes, so I had to improvise.

20190529-214158.jpg
20190529-214209.jpg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, PetitDalek said:

I enjoy painting Gremlins, they are small and the green skin is fun. The only problem was Ophelia's face, she has no sculpted nose and basically no sculpted eyes, so I had to improvise.

Digging the red tones in that skin. Looking good!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Caedrus it's 0 for me I'm afraid.. Don't get back from a work trip to Finland until tomorrow (in the unlikely event I get to finish something tomorrow I'll let you know), and life's been getting in the way

Also... I will be doing June but will be back in the UK all of July so unable to paint.. Which will mean me dropping out then as I was late and thus missed   January already (I thought there was an amnesty the first week and submitted in that time but in down as a mulligan on the chart so obvs misunderstood!) 

😭😭😭😭

@Caedrus Wow! some great models this month. The recruiter is awesome, especially the OSL and the resculpt into a female looks great. Love the proxy Huggy, much better than the original imo. Slime on the mouth of the insidious madness would be great, my only other suggestion would be to define the mask a bit from the skin as I think thats a key feature of the model. Impressive work!

@bedjy Really nice to have someone painting cult at the same time as me, it's giving me inspiration to push on through mine. Love the basing and great idea to get it all done first as it does get tedious. Your ECB and Doomseekers are my favourite and I'm loving the overall burning/orangey theme. Great Work

@Phinn I'm enjoying your monthly rat and the dim OSL looks great. Can't wait to see Hamelin as that face looks sinister

@Franchute Your Gamin are beautiful, really smooth transitions and nice tones and I love the brassy metal on the Riot Breaker. Great job!

@Purple Mist Really nice colour transition from blue to purple on the wings and the greeny tone of the armour looks great and provides a nice contrast

@PetitDalek The skin of your Ophelia is really nice. I like the added brown tones to give it better definition. Basing is great

@Viruk Your Marcus crews are just Wow! Lovely basing, lovely colour schemes. Fantastic work!

@Rathnard This a really cool and unique piece of terrain. Love it!

@Stranglelove Great to see another fully painted crew. Big fan of your swampy bases too

@Nikodemus The finished Yan Lo crew looks awesome. I really love the way you've done Chiaki

@Diddick Those stolen look nice and creepy. Great job

@lusciousmccabe Love the moonlight theme on Ferdinand and the beast. Great freehand work on the coats!

@Kimberly Well done on getting a mini done whilst moving house, moving is stressful 

@khilin Nice work on the the multi basing, wish I'd done that with mine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7