2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - May

Caedrus

@Caedrus - loving how that mini is turning out. Don't think I would have gone for the shiny finish on the hat this time as it's more of a functional piece of clothing on this figure, but I'm sure it'll look great regardless. And you're right to be pleased with your conversion work as well. :)

@muraki - that is one seriously colourful pair of ladies. Remind me of that cartoon Gem, or some Daft Punk videos. 

13 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Did the base decoration as 4th Ashigaru. Minion (3) I know. Might use it for terrain or in story encounters:

That's a great idea! 😱  Damn me for not thinking about that!

Also, lovely crew all togheter, manos is amazing, and your chiaki looks very "ghostly" 👏

My May model is Neil Henry. Looked at the calendar and then ran to the garage to grab my primer tonight.  I have some base colors down and the base done, so this is a first pledge photo and a WIP photo all in one.  Painting for four miniature games really keeps you hopping!  Anyone else out there painting for this many or more?  Egad, this is a great time to be a tabletop war gamer.  Cheers, all.

large.2019May_NielHenry_WIP.jpg.2137f2c04f6b3de72b2b2ba4b266ed8b.jpg

• Like 5

@prof_bycid I like where Neil is headed.

I play Malifaux with just a little bit of Batman Minis Game on the side. Not really buying stuff for the latter, due to reasons. Got most of my own BMG painted up. But I keep getting an occasional commission for it so..:D

Technically I got a few board games I need to paint, but quality and repetition doesn't compel me to get started and keep going.

Many of the things I paint aren't actually for a game at all. I painted minis from maybe 20 different makers last year. I go for singles that look like fun to paint.

@lusciousmccabe that's a big reason I started playing BMG quite actively for a while late last year. That and my disinterest in an everchanging beta. But largely I was growing a bit fatigued painting for nothing in particular. I wanted to recreate that "get a box, paint a box, play a box" feeling. Didn't feel like starting more Malifaux crews though. So I went for a little side fling with BMG.

• Like 2

@prof_bycid I'm primarily painting Malifaux and TOS, but I have a Space Hulk set which I've been painting on and off for about 3 years. I was also painting up Frostgrave stuff but that seems to have been on the back burner as I'm not really playing at the moment. The curse and the blessing of our hobby at the moment is there's so many good games out there which is great! But for those of us who want to play with only painted minis it means the work load is huge

• Agree 2

Quick one for a friend:

pic4762776.jpgpic4762777.jpg

Domador de Cadavere (7ss). Now I just need to varnish and get it down to the LGS.

@Caedrus That makes my month's total 51ss:

Yan Lo (15ss), Chiaki (6ss), 3xAshigaru (3x5=15ss), Crime Boss (8ss) and Domadore (7ss).

Technically I got a few board games I need to paint, but quality and repetition doesn't compel me to get started and keep going.

Unrelated to this thread, wife informed me I should start doing some of those boardgames. She has fond memories of us playing Battlelore 2e back before I started painting minis. That's compelling:D

• Like 8
  • Haha 1