Lechuzo_Loco

Faction Packs & Keywords

we don't know for certain they are doing faction packs. With the increase of the print on demand service, and the use of the app, there is probably less demand than the last editon change.

I hope they do, but I largely doubt that the keyword models will be packaged like that, as overall it ups the cost of each pack for everyone. ( Every non Mei ten thunder player has just had to pay for an extra 12 or so cards they can't use)

EDIT - Just saw the announcement. They are going to be selling faction packs.

5 minutes ago, Adran said:

I hope they do, but I largely doubt that the keyword models will be packaged like that, as overall it ups the cost of each pack for everyone. ( Every non Mei ten thunder player has just had to pay for an extra 12 or so cards they can't use) 

Someone who plays Mei Feng, Misaki, and Asami though, would have to get 4 faction packs 😞

1 minute ago, Lechuzo_Loco said:

Someone who plays Mei Feng, Misaki, and Asami though, would have to get 4 faction packs 😞

I expect there is going to be a print on demand, so if you only need 1 or 2 cards from a faction pack it will be cheaper to just print them on demand, than to have put that extra cost on every TT player.

And if you are playing Mei Feng and Misaki you kind of need to buy 3 faction packs anyway because Mei feng can hire any arcanist model, if you choose to play her as an arcanist. Likewise Misaki with outcasts.

(You might not choose to do so, but I'm sure there are players out there who will choose to play her in both factions)

I may have mis counted, but at the moment without Keywords I think the TT pack will have 164 cards. (assuming 1 for each rarity, so a minion (3) has 3 cards and upgrades equal to maximum plentiful value)

Add in keyword cards that can have a TT leader is another 25 that I found.

So that's 189 cards. 13% of which appear in other faction decks. Of which up to 18 are from factions where the master is duel faction, so you may well be wanting to buy those factions anyway.

I'd personally have rather $18 without the extra cards than $20 with. (Or $20 without vs $23 with) But there is no way you can please everyone, because peoples collections are so varied.

2 hours ago, Adran said:

I expect there is going to be a print on demand, so if you only need 1 or 2 cards from a faction pack it will be cheaper to just print them on demand, than to have put that extra cost on every TT player.

Hopefully the POD service isn't quite so ridiculous as it has been in the past. I'm not expecting any change though, and the current ~$2US per card (10x$0.50 + $15.29 shipping) will still apply.

I understand that shipping is a pain in the donkey. But that doesn't mean it doesn't piss people off, especially when they only need a few cards.

• Agree 2

Between print on demond and cards being free online, I don't think wyrd is too concedned with putting every possible model that can go into a crew led by thay faction into that faction pack. It's mostly likely just every model that's actually in that faction.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

I may have mis counted, but at the moment without Keywords I think the TT pack will have 164 cards. (assuming 1 for each rarity, so a minion (3) has 3 cards and upgrades equal to maximum plentiful value)

There's a "general upgrade pack" as well so I think all the faction packs are coming without that faction's 3 basic upgrades.  I'm expecting people are going to have to pick up their core faction and then buy their general upgrades and out of faction hires separately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, retnab said:

There's a "general upgrade pack" as well so I think all the faction packs are coming without that faction's 3 basic upgrades.  I'm expecting people are going to have to pick up their core faction and then buy their general upgrades and out of faction hires separately.

It's surprising to me that they aren't just putting the general upgrades in with the faction pack.

• Agree 1

I missed that! Separate upgrade packs are wonderful! That will make sharing/splitting faction packs much more achievable. (That’s two Arcanist dabblers sorted out with one pack, and leftover purchasing power more easily routed to the faction book. I just know I’ll end up as the local library even without playing all factions.)

I think I'll download the cards online and I won't buy the physical cards.

Although I prefer having physical cards, I think modern day gaming includes too many errata for the purchase to make sense.
I purchased the cards for WMH Mk3 and saw them invalidated extremely quickly (granted Mk3 was a botched release so it is not the best example :D). GW updates points costs regularly. I think it is not sustainable for a gaming company not to update the cards regularly.

I will buy the faction books though because I am a fluff bunny but I'd rather not bother about card revision management.

Nathan confirmed that the individual cards and faction packs will be on DriveThruRPG to buy and on the Wyrd site to download so that's nice

Back during M2E launch people were having the same problem with the arsenal decks so there was card trading on the forum through the postal service. I imagine it will likely happen again since it's the cheapest avenue for the best quality.

I am soooooooooo happy that there is a good functioning app, which for me makes any and all cards and card related issues obsolete.

It's kind of a dated comment, but this thread is active again already so it's not my fault :) Based off the information we have, the faction decks DO come with relevant upgrades.  My guess on the reason for the general upgrade deck is that it will remain in production hopefully forever, while the faction decks are only temporary for those of us coming from a prior version.

So existing players need faction decks, new players buy the general upgrade deck.

Card List

Razorspine Rattler x3, Wrath, Mysterious Effigy, Doppleganger, Changeling x3, Mysterious Emissary, Titania, Killjoy, Aeslin, Autumn Knight x3, Gorar, Rougarou x2, Bultungin x3, Iggy, Angel Eyes, Tuco Ortega, Maurice, Bloodwretch x2, Hooded Rider, Nekima, Alt Nekima, Mature Nephilim x2, Hayreddin, Lelu x2, Lilitu x2, Young Nephilim x4, Black Blood Shaman x2, Terror Tot x3, Corrupted Hound x4, The Dreamer, Teddy, Coppelius, Lord Chompy Bits, Widow Weaver, Serena Bowman, Bandersnatch, Insidious Madness x3, Alp x3, Daydream x3, Stitched Together x3, The Carver, Vasilisa, Wicked Doll x3, Hinamatsu, Cyclops x2, Primordial Magic, Zoraida, Bad Juju, Adze, Will o' the Wisp x3, Grootslang, Waldgeist x3, Voodoo Doll, Pandora, Candy, Baby Kade, Sorrow x3, Poltergeist, Lucius Mattheson, The Scribe, Marcus, Jackalope, See My Shadow Changing, Waking Dream x5, Effigy Of Fate, Ancient Pact x2, Inhuman Reflexes x2, Eldritch Magic x2, Blood Sacrifice x2, Wanga Mojo Curse, Armored Plates x2, Natural Camouflage x2, Formidable Horns x2, Serrated Teeth and Claws x2, Feathered Wings x2, Quick Reference Card

Upcoming page now has Faction decks with card lists, this is the neverborn box as an example.

So as an Outcast player I will have to also buy Ressurectionists and Bayou for my dual masters' crews? And what about Crossroads?

18 minutes ago, Ming said:

So as an Outcast player I will have to also buy Ressurectionists and Bayou for my dual masters' crews? And what about Crossroads?

If you already own the figures then yes this is true you will need to get the cards from else where

I would imagine there aren't many Outcast only players who just happen to only own Zipps crew from the bayou, and don't intend to play it as Bayou ever.

The best answer to Crossroads in POD (or Print form the PDF) for most people. (Or trade amongst friends. I don't know all that many people who bought the Crossroads 7, so you might have plenty of people with cards they don't have figures for.

My question is this.....looking at the contents and upcoming releases the way its worded why would I want to buy a fraction pack when the faction books show the contain the same.....or is the wording a grey area and it's not physical cards with the book just printed on pages. I would like a little clarification. The books come a bit later but thats really only difference I'm seeing. Curious if the book will have punch out cards????

16 minutes ago, Hypnotini said:

My question is this.....looking at the contents and upcoming releases the way its worded why would I want to buy a fraction pack when the faction books show the contain the same.....or is the wording a grey area and it's not physical cards with the book just printed on pages. I would like a little clarification. The books come a bit later but thats really only difference I'm seeing. Curious if the book will have punch out cards????

The reason to buy the faction packs is if you want physical replacement cards in bulk.  (Such as if you either own most of a faction, or figure you can trade with others.)

If you just want to print out/photocopy cards, the PDFs for those are going to get made available for free.

A little out of topic:

The General Upgrades are new upgrades or just a compendium of all the upgrades in you opinion? There are just "44" cards inside and only the Ten Thunders have 20 upgrades or so

29 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

A little out of topic:

The General Upgrades are new upgrades or just a compendium of all the upgrades in you opinion? There are just "44" cards inside and only the Ten Thunders have 20 upgrades or so

See the description:

Does not include Upgrades specific to models or future Factions

Probably won't even have the Effigy upgrades in it.

If you look at the Ten Thunders Upgrades PDF, and eliminate all of the summoning upgrades, artifacts, reliquaries, etc., that leaves:

• Silent Protector (2)
  • Trained Ninja (2)
  • Masked Agent (2)

Ressurectionists have a similar

• The Whisper (2)
  • Grave Spirit's Touch (2)
  • Killer Instinct (2)

I don't want to check the other PDFs, but I assume it's similar.

Three upgrades for seven factions, two copies of each upgrade, comes out to 42 cards.  Plus two reference cards, for the described 44 card contents.

All of those other model-specific upgrades (the summoning upgrades, the attached game effects, the effigy upgrade cards) should be in the faction decks.