Wyrd Retailer Newsletter - M3E Launch Plans!

Kyle

2 hours ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Yeah, all the cards will be free to DL, but I want a card and not just not a piece of paper. 

Laminate the sheets, cut them out yourself.  That's my plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortune said:

Will there be M3E cards available for the alt models? I think this would be useful, especially for models which look significantly different than their original versions.

I believe it was said in the past there there will be cards for all models in the current line all the way back to alts in M1E. I could be wrong that is the plan going forward though. Even if it was my guess is they won't be there at launch as they have enough on their plate. As much as I would love cards for my Dead Justice Models I am ok if I have to make them on my own. This has been the best edition change I have seen in any game in a long time that is trying not to screw over their customers for models they already own so I am sure we will see something down the line. Maybe some card templates would be cool so the community could make them so wyrd wouldn't have too?

On 4/30/2019 at 7:55 AM, Jesy Blue said:

Loyal To the Coin, One Born Every Minute, & Burning Bridges are the only names of boxes with new models without a obvious description. 

Loyal to the Coin - Possible for McCabe? Hucksters, Desper Laraux, etc
One Born Every Minute - I have to believe is gremlins, probably Big Hat. Georgy&Olaf, Good Ol' Boy, Spit Hog
Burning Bridges I am really not sure. Based on the price it seems like it must be some sort of Encounter box, maybe a 3e starter?

9 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

I believe it was said in the past there there will be cards for all models in the current line all the way back to alts in M1E. I could be wrong that is the plan going forward though. Even if it was my guess is they won't be there at launch as they have enough on their plate. As much as I would love cards for my Dead Justice Models I am ok if I have to make them on my own. This has been the best edition change I have seen in any game in a long time that is trying not to screw over their customers for models they already own so I am sure we will see something down the line. Maybe some card templates would be cool so the community could make them so wyrd wouldn't have too?

Dead Justice!  I forgot about those.... sweet!  Maybe I'll finally start Tara.

I would love to finally have updated Miss Demeanour cards!

On 5/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, cbtb11235813 said:

Loyal to the Coin - Possible for McCabe? Hucksters, Desper Laraux, etc
One Born Every Minute - I have to believe is gremlins, probably Big Hat. Georgy&Olaf, Good Ol' Boy, Spit Hog
Burning Bridges I am really not sure. Based on the price it seems like it must be some sort of Encounter box, maybe a 3e starter?

Given the product codes:

I'd say "Loyalty to coin" will be an outcast one as it has new model inside maybe is a pack with all the mercenaries (hans will have a new sculpt).

One Born Every Minute-> I thought about Gremlins as well but it looks like a Then Thunders one

Burning Bridges -> this one is Arcanists but is odd as it is priced as a crew box, maybe the firegolem repack but it has new minis...

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Special orders, either directly from us, or from your retailer through distribution is available both inside the US and outside. That being said, it is only for boxes that have been combined or changed up in a manner that say only a single new miniature has been placed within a box (we'll use Alphonse for instance) and the only way you could get it would be to purchase the box all over again. We're not interested in jacking over our customers like that - but we're also not going to go in and allow this for each and every model in the line as that's frankly entirely too much work and ultimately self-defeating.

so, regarding that: Today I asked a german online-retailer about Special orders. (fantasywelt.de) They are rather big so I figured they might be able to provide Special orders.

Customer Service told me they won't be getting any Special orders. just regluar boxes and sets. Thats a big dissapointment to be honest. Ordering stuff from your Webstore results in at least 25dollars in shipping. So I have to pay 25 bucks in shipping costs (plus a possible trip to customs, where I might have to pay an additional tax)  just to avoid paying 25 bucks in obsolete models (because I already own them).

So what I am wondering now: Is that a blunder on the retailers part or on yours? and is there a way for me to get "Special orders" in Germany without ordering internationally?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Davie said:

so, regarding that: Today I asked a german online-retailer about Special orders. (fantasywelt.de) They are rather big so I figured they might be able to provide Special orders.

Customer Service told me they won't be getting any Special orders. just regluar boxes and sets. Thats a big dissapointment to be honest. Ordering stuff from your Webstore results in at least 25dollars in shipping. So I have to pay 25 bucks in shipping costs (plus a possible trip to customs, where I might have to pay an additional tax)  just to avoid paying 25 bucks in obsolete models (because I already own them).

So what I am wondering now: Is that a blunder on the retailers part or on yours? and is there a way for me to get "Special orders" in Germany without ordering internationally?

Thanks for letting us know.

Unfortunately, all we can do is provide an option to our distributors and retailers that we believe will be beneficial to them and their customers. If they choose not to provide Special Orders because they feel it is right for their business, there's little we can do to stop that decision. 

While that particular source might not be taking part in our Special Orders program, keep an eye out for other places in your area. We've been working with all of our distributors in regards to this program, so there is a chance that another store in your region would be willing to provide this as an option.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks for letting us know.

Unfortunately, all we can do is provide an option to our distributors and retailers that we believe will be beneficial to them and their customers. If they choose not to provide Special Orders because they feel it is right for their business, there's little we can do to stop that decision. 

While that particular source might not be taking part in our Special Orders program, keep an eye out for other places in your area. We've been working with all of our distributors in regards to this program, so there is a chance that another store in your region would be willing to provide this as an option.

I appreciate that very much, thank you.

However I have to say... "keeping an eye" open is rather vague and hard to do. There aren't that many local retailers, even in the bigger cities like Berlin and Cologne. I will ask the two local stores in cologne I know of but to be honest I really don't understand why wyrd does not provide a list of participating retailers. I guess this is a lot, especially if you want to list retailers in the US but on the other Hand: somewhere has to be a list like that. Who not make it public? the retailers surely won't mind since it's free advertisement.

(that being said, I can imagine there are plenty of legal implications, why you cannot do that)

Edit: I'd like to add: if anyone of my european friends in this Forum knows any european online-sotre that'll provide Special orders, please let me know

1 hour ago, Davie said:

However I have to say... "keeping an eye" open is rather vague and hard to do. There aren't that many local retailers, even in the bigger cities like Berlin and Cologne. I will ask the two local stores in cologne I know of but to be honest I really don't understand why wyrd does not provide a list of participating retailers. I guess this is a lot, especially if you want to list retailers in the US but on the other Hand: somewhere has to be a list like that. Who not make it public? the retailers surely won't mind since it's free advertisement.

How would Wyrd know which retailers are participating? As I understand it, Wyrd effectively have it as an orderable item. If a shop doesn't order it, then they can't tell if there is no one wanting it from that shop, or if the shop isn't participating.

I don't know if Wyrd even could tell you all stores that sell their product, since the chain appears to go from wyrd to distributors to stores, and I don't know if the distributors are the people that would know the stores. (I Have no idea how that works. I know I've walked into stores and ordered things, which they have put on their next order from the distributor, but I don't know how itemised the distributors order from wyrd is).

• Thanks 2

Pretty much Kyle and Adran hit it. 

It is available to the retailers to put special orders in through their distributor - who then get it in with their next shipment from us and then onto the retailer. It is available, whether they choose to take advantage of it is upon them, we can't exactly waltz in and say 'you will do'. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that a retailer wouldn't be willing to put in a special order for their customers, but I'm certainly not going to be the one to tell them how to run their business either.

As for listing retailers, that's like herding cats. One day its there, another its not, shelf space gets prioritized elsewhere, businesses come and go ... and I'm certainly not dedicating someone to just chase down every single possible retailer world-wide on the off chance. 

I expect online retailers are not going to use this option for multiple reasons, also a reason why brick and mortar retailers are so important to the gaming communities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I expect online retailers are not going to use this option for multiple reasons, also a reason why brick and mortar retailers are so important to the gaming communities. 

Special orders are a great idea and thx a lot for that.

However, please kindly note that in some parts of Europe (France in my situation), the number of LGS distributing Wyrd's products is low (and has dropped during M2E for reasons that are entirely another topic). Some still provide the ordering service to customers but without any stock in the shop and without advertizing (it is akeen to ask for a favour from them to order Wyrd products). Needless to say that a special order will cost them a lot in shipping costs unless I misunderstood something about how it will work (so I guess it will cost the final customer a lot in the end).

So it seems that, unless I misunderstood, many European customers will have to go through Wyrd's webstore to get the special orders. Unfortunately, Wyrd provides one of the highest shipping costs I have encountered on US webstores.

So, although the commercial gesture of special orders is thoughtful and nice, I am worried it will in practice be only available to US customers or EU customers with active communities nearby that will make grouping orders to share the pain (quickly a logistic hell in my experience).

55 minutes ago, Davie said:

thanks for the feedback and the insight.

I hope I didnt come across as rude or anything. I'm just mildly frustrated ;)

I guess I have to focus on the retailer(s)

Not rude in the least and can understand the frustration. Rather you ask than assume we're just being asshats for the sake of it. :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Special orders are a great idea and thx a lot for that.

However, please kindly note that in some parts of Europe (France in my situation), the number of LGS distributing Wyrd's products is low (and has dropped during M2E for reasons that are entirely another topic). Some still provide the ordering service to customers but without any stock in the shop and without advertizing (it is akeen to ask for a favour from them to order Wyrd products). Needless to say that a special order will cost them a lot in shipping costs unless I misunderstood something about how it will work (so I guess it will cost the final customer a lot in the end).

So it seems that, unless I misunderstood, many European customers will have to go through Wyrd's webstore to get the special orders. Unfortunately, Wyrd provides one of the highest shipping costs I have encountered on US webstores.

So, although the commercial gesture of special orders is thoughtful and nice, I am worried it will in practice be only available to US customers or EU customers with active communities nearby that will make grouping orders to share the pain (quickly a logistic hell in my experience).

Not really sure how it costs any more than what they would normally pay.

Retailer makes his orders from a distributor. Most distributors will offer free shipping to the retailer if they order over X amount - which is how most distributors get, and retain, loyal retailers. If they are putting in monthly orders for other items, it is little to no additional issue for them to put in a special order with a distributor that carries our line of product.

At that point, the distributor sends us his bi-weekly or monthly ordering, depending on who/what and we send along the special order with their normal restocks and new releases. From there the distributor just sends it out to the retailer with their next order, or if there is a hurry, that retailer makes a decision to ship and pay. 

It's rather straight forward.

I understand your concerns, and if I could amazon everything overnight, sure - but there really shouldn't be any issues with a retailer getting product from a distributor he orders from on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Not really sure how it costs any more than what they would normally pay.

Retailer makes his orders from a distributor. Most distributors will offer free shipping to the retailer if they order over X amount - which is how most distributors get, and retain, loyal retailers. If they are putting in monthly orders for other items, it is little to no additional issue for them to put in a special order with a distributor that carries our line of product.

At that point, the distributor sends us his bi-weekly or monthly ordering, depending on who/what and we send along the special order with their normal restocks and new releases. From there the distributor just sends it out to the retailer with their next order, or if there is a hurry, that retailer makes a decision to ship and pay. 

It's rather straight forward.

I understand your concerns, and if I could amazon everything overnight, sure - but there really shouldn't be any issues with a retailer getting product from a distributor he orders from on a regular basis.  

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I will check with some LGS to see what is possible to do.

Malifaux orders are scarce for the LGS I have visited so I don't know if they have regular orders. Maybe if the distributor sells other products that the LGS also purchases, there is a way of rationalizing the shipping cost.

Frankly speaking, it's been a while since I have used an LGS to order Wyrd minis (no stock and no support for the game anymore so I stopped bothering). I'll check anyway and perhaps ask other LGS to have more points of view.

Thanks for the insight.

Distributors carry a wide range of product to ensure retailers purchase with them - most retailers don't even have the capacity to pick up even one of everything that the distributor is offering, thus it isn't, and shouldn't be, an issue for a store to pick up something from here and there, even if they don't carry the line properly. Thus, the special order. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Maciej said:

Is there any info avaliable on the contetns of faction packs? Reason for asking are dual-faction masters. For example if someone plays Neverborn des he need Bayou and Guild packs for Swampfiend and Elite keyword?

https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

If you click on the faction pack icons, you get a list of all cards included.

Packs only contain models with their particular faction (dual faction models show up in multiple packs). eg. if I was going to buy these packs for my TT, I'd have to buy TT, Resurrectionist and Outcast just to have all keyword models for my Last Blossoms and Retainers.

Thankfully Wyrd will be offering all cards for free online. As a cheapskate I'll be going for that option :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1