Wyrd Retailer Newsletter - M3E Launch Plans!

Kyle

19 minutes ago, MCOLL81 said:

Exciting news!

Quick question:

Are dual faction Masters in each of the faction packs or assigned to one?

From previous announcement:

Shouldn’t have to try to guess “primary” faction for the models that should be in both decks.  

• Thanks 1

Ohhh soooo much hype! So many good moves you are making to support those that have been with malifaux for awhile, new players and retailers as well. All will be paid back in kind for looking out for all of us. The fact that you are letting us old timers buy the missing models in new crew boxes just shows you care about your existing player base. Don't forget it might be helpful to have stickers for models that have changed factions like the malifaux raptors or McMourning crew boxes.

In short if Wyrd delivers on this it should build great trust with your retailers so we can get more stuff on the shelf and into peoples hands. With the rules beta you have shown the community you are listening to what they are saying and changing things. I think M3E will be a great starting point to make Malifaux even bigger than it already is, great work.

• Like 2

Good to know the release date finally. There are some new images that never appeared on the web, like the icons on Faction Decks and also the cover art of the Core Rule book. I am stealing Wyrd's image to make my own Fate Deck secretly, and those new images will certainly make it better. So I am wondering if Wyrd will place the images onto their web somewhere after the release?

24 minutes ago, gandrasch said:

Will there be a way to get stat cards for single models. For mei feng I would need to get the faction updates for arcanist, ten thunder and bayou, whilst only using two bayou and four arcanist models. 

Also please don't forget Europe :)

I suppose you'll be able to get single cards via drivethrurpg ?

That seems plausible at least

1 hour ago, gandrasch said:

Will there be a way to get stat cards for single models. For mei feng I would need to get the faction updates for arcanist, ten thunder and bayou, whilst only using two bayou and four arcanist models. 

Also please don't forget Europe :)

Aren't they all going to be free to download? 

Great news! I specifically like this part:

"For example, the Wong crew box is staying mostly the same from Second Edition to Third. However, we are adding one new model to that box: Alphonse LeBlanc. Players won’t need to buy the new Wong box just to get Alphonse, though.

For the first year, store owners will be able to work directly with their distributors to special order individual models, such as our Gremlin friend Alphonse LeBlanc. 
"

Since I have the complete Outcast + Arcanist factions, and most of the guild plus several crews from the remaining factions, having the chance to pick those models instead of the whole crew is great! Even if the crew has been remodeled, after putting the effort in painting the M2E version in some cases just getting the new model will be enough, allowing me to save money to spend in the seven books, the core book, decks... yep, that's my wallet crying! 

Pretty cool news ! I'm looking forward to getting much new stuff the very first day we'll be able to !!
Although, I hope the interaction with the distributors will be good enough so that it won't get messy to get those single new models.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

my questions : 

what are : 

• Burning Bridges
  • One Born Every Minute
  • Six Feet Under
  • In august, there are many boxes with exotic names that will be released, I suppose they are some keyword boxes, like "Copycats - Kin", shown in the newsletter
  • I suppose, Brutal Fate, Hodgepodge Fate... are some box including effigy + emissary ?

Also, for our guys that are in dire need of the foreign language versions, will we be able to order faction decks in other languages ? Or order the cards on Drivethrough ? Or we can heat the printing machine right at the release ?

Regarding the Special Orders, will this only apply to crew boxes the store has in stock. I'm thinking there's a lot of players who have all or most of the Nephilim keyword (myself included) who'd like to special order the Blood Hunter...

Yes, Youko crew at launch!  I can get started right away..... drinking tea, yes, that's what I'll be doing.  Drinking tea.

Loyal To the Coin, One Born Every Minute, & Burning Bridges are the only names of boxes with new models without a obvious description. 

Burning Bridges is the only one priced at a starter box level, but the only masters not mentioned by name with core boxes are Lucius, Dashel, Lynch, Eurpiedes, & Von Schill as far as I am noticing and none of them fit a burning aaesthetic. 

Loyal To the Coin, though, does sound like Lucius, so this might be the new stuff you need to make up a Lucius box if you already have an M2E box.

One Born Every Minute sounds more Lynch than anything else (gambling, drug pushing, etc), so probably the stuff to fill out his M2E box (he lost a bunch of stuff). 

But where are the rest of people's core boxes?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

But where are the rest of people's core boxes?

From the newsletter "Below you can find all of our releases from June through September." Meaning this is not a comprehensive list of *everything* being released, but rather what we have to look forward to for the summer/early fall months. I'd bet we'll see the rest of the core boxes trickle in by the end of October or November at the very latest. The missing core boxes all seem to be either new Masters (Eurpiedes and technically Dashel) or Masters we know are getting (to the best of our knowledge and some educated guessing) new sculpts, so maybe they're not quite "ready" yet from a production standpoint or Wyrd wants to save some of the new models to wrap the launch up with?

Here's hoping that they get the Upcoming section of the website updated before too long. So that we can see some pictures and start getting an idea what's in the boxes. So that we can plan ny purchases, or holes that we may need to fill in our models.

• Like 1