Lucius listbuilding

Cronex13

1 hour ago, Cronex13 said:

So I just got my beta files out and read em whilst eating breakfast at work.

Oh my goodness.

The False Witness is very powerful and provides VERY good synergy for a Lucius crew. Handing out adversary and huge scheme marker management is amazing, especially when combined with the Investigators abilities. 

I see a lot of people talking about Grimwell in a Lucius crew, due to the fact that both Elite and Asylum do fun stuff with Staggered. How far do we take this? Considering that Heartsbane, Orderlys and even nurses could be brought in, what do we think about those synergies?

I do not have the last version of the false witness with me, but if he keeps his anti cheating aura, he can be a huge asset to help Lucuis' sniping... He just has to survive one activation without manipulative

I wouldn't run him up there for just that, it's more of an added bonus. He's gonna wanna be lurking by a tank or a beater that can take the enemy agro. Have maybe an investigator or Grimwell nearby to pound some face and make sure the enemy isn't cheating, and get some extra shots in with Lucius

21 hours ago, Cronex13 said:

No, not at all. In order to bring Nurses in, you'd have to have Grimwell as your Leader, as he and the nurse both have the Asylum keyword. However, this would make Lucius not the Leader and all the other minions more expensive... An awfully high cost for what could potentially just be a gimmick

Just to be clear, you can't hire Masters in henchman led crews. So no Nurse/Lucius combos :(

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I find him to be super fragile after he's activated and lost manip.   I wouldn't try to use him for that.

I used this only once to shoot a scheme runner lonely on a side. 1 walk from an obey, 2 walks on activation, and Lucius shoot twice without focus. Only once, but it made a difference in this game.

Okay guys, take a look.

I'm playing a game this weekend against Ophelia (Gremlins) and I'm bringing Lucius. Keep in mind I'm going in with entirely beta cards.

This crew, I feel, brings in most of what Lucius has to offer. Alan, Grimwell and the Investigator all synergize off of staggered. Quite a bit of Scheme Marker shenanigans. Good card rotation through "following orders". Some pretty good damage too (Stat 7 on the investigator <3). The rifleman does some pretty good damage and who knows, maybe gets the "Drop it" trigger for shiggles. 

Guild hounds though. MVP of the guild if you ask me. I love just running a pack of them around the board and laughing when something tries to get in their way. Just saying.

Screenshot_20190726-080837.png

For those still following here

So I played this list yesterday against Ulix and his pig Armada. And man is it good! The game itself was a little odd but the gist of it is that this crew is really decent. The amount of card manipulation is very ridiculous. Lots of great defensive stuff, using Lucius as a meatshield is completely viable with his automatic negative to hit flip. The false witness and the investigator are a hell of a team as well, with the false witness getting to just spawn two scheme markers instantly and the investigator getting to deny enemy scheme markers XD. All in all, very happy with how the crew did and I recommend this list.

• 2 months later...

I haven't used him all that much yet, seeing as he isn't released, but I played him once during beta iirc. He has gotten a little better since then, with his staggered free action and coordinated attack, which will let an Investigator draw a card. He seems to work really well with an Investigator (or two if you have the points) and Grimwell.

He looks like a model that really wants to be in a staggered based list. That list will probably look different in Guild (Grimwell, and Heartsbane, ) to Neverborn (Vasilla, wicked dolls doppleganger and Lyssa).

The trick is to make sure you can use those 0" engagements, but if you can, and can get the staggered out there, its a potentially huge damage options. You probably need to be doing something like reckoning, and facing a melee crew to get the best use out of it, but that might work

The 0" engagement is really a pain. I tried it and it did not work at all. My models got engaged and always had to spend 1 ap on a walk to get on base contact. Even against a melee crew, you will face this problem.

You can get around this problem with investigators. You scheme with another model or obey with lawyers using scheme trigger, and you get a push to be in base contact. Alan Reid does not have this option. I rather see him as a really expensive tarpit model. He can deal slow and has awful auras.

Tbh I've either used obey or dropping if scheme markers to push the investigators into melee as needed

I've found investigators have been good but j run a very keyword centric crew is possible and the only.out of keyword model I'm currently running with lucius is a reporter, ive been considering Dade for the pass token but I dine need even more card draw

I think Alan Reid is best when he is giving out slow. I never thought about it til a friend showed me, but all of the keyword can give negative flips to duels against them. So if you have the lawyers playing aggressively and Alan Reid casting Slow on them, then they can't focus to get around your negative flips. This is pretty powerful and really helps with the crews defense. Alan also helps with the card circulation. Since he has ss, if Lucius can rush him into combat with something early, might be worth to discover an enemy scheme.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1