Waldo's Weekly - The Old Razzle Dazzle

Kimberly

Surprise new favorite Colette! The dove on the wrist, the grand swooping gesture, the dynamic hat...this one is frozen mid-gesture and it works!

...admit to being worried how the render is going to handle that bustle, it needs more detail on the backside than they can get from the art and I hope the sculptor realizes that.

2 hours ago, J4bberw0ck said:

That is a really fantastic redesign! See, this is why I end up owning a few things from every faction. Can’t wait to paint her up, even if I never use her in a game. 😁

*looks at Kandara, the only arcanist model I own * I can't imagine buying something purely because it's pretty with no intention of using it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm not sure if I like the Art, but that's because she looks too like my Metal Manniquin (which does sort of make sense). I think I do like the Magic effect going on.

Not sure that I need Colette Sculpt number 6 in my collection, but I'll see when the box comes out...

3 hours ago, trikk said:

Have you played her in the beta? She's considered top 2-3 AR by almost everyone.

Well in the beta some things were different, like the Fade Away ability/trigger, which now is worse IMHO. Even then, she felt underwhelming to me - it is probably because I still remember all the things she used to be able to do in M2E. Now she looks very flat: she has 3 actions just to move people, no prompt, no SS manipulation, no summoning doves, no interact as 0...she used to be a crew enabler, now she is just a...crew pusher? :P
I don't know, perhaps her crew works around her, but last time I tried her in the beta she felt very underwhelming - I don't know that an extra (0) action can really make such a difference.

3 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Well in the beta some things were different, like the Fade Away ability/trigger, which now is worse IMHO. Even then, she felt underwhelming to me - it is probably because I still remember all the things she used to be able to do in M2E. Now she looks very flat: she has 3 actions just to move people, no prompt, no SS manipulation, no summoning doves, no interact as 0...she used to be a crew enabler, now she is just a...crew pusher? :P
I don't know, perhaps her crew works around her, but last time I tried her in the beta she felt very underwhelming - I don't know that an extra (0) action can really make such a difference.

No SS manipulation - She can use doves as stones, very similar in practice to her old artificial soulstone
No dove summoning - Yea, she can with the trigger on Presto-Chango
No interact as 0 - While that is gone in practice, Presto-chango does also drop a scheme marker at long range, which in my opinion is better than doing it as a zero. Most of her crew still has don't mind me, I think they are just fine with interacting as a 0. 

Maybe is she is more of a crew pusher now, but my last game with her, I managed to get an unactivated Duet within charge range of my opponents deployment zone on turn one... I definitely consider that enabling

17 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Which beta? I played the whole open beta and she is a nightmare to kill for most crews. They'll just end up ignoring her most of the time and accept you get distracted/placed/buried each turn.

Interesting art but I am not a fan of this Colette.

The choice of colours is great I think.

However, the body is too bulky for my taste. She looks older also, which is logical but not that appealing.  

She lost the mischievous feel she had on some of her previous sculpts.

I will miss our young sexy trickster.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:59 PM, Michael Curran said:

Colette isn’t the problem; it’s the sustainability of her crew.  Love the model by the way..... could be a nightmare for a plastic sprue though.

Yes the rest of her crew is like a wet paper towel. Played Vs her last week and she was the only model left end of turn 4 and I had enough models left to clear her scheam markers in order to stop the end of game stuff. Ignore Collette and she doesn't do enough in my opinion