ShinChan

Dead Outlaws in Bandits

After the last updates that bringed the removal of the healing, does anyone see a reason to bring these guys in a Bandit crew?

I have the three painted models, and I'm actually thinking about selling them, since I don't play Jack Dawn and have no intention to do it (I only play crews that I like the miniatures or the lore).

• Agree 1

I think they are of no use in Parker's crew. Maybe you could use Covetous Cravings occasionally, but there are many better options in Parker's crew. 

• Agree 2

They're better with Daw, but they still have a niche in Parker's crew if you bring non-bandits. They're essentially trading one of their actions every turn (Or even 2 if you have plenty of markers) to give it to someone else (likely without Life of Crime). After that, all the marker dropping that happens in Parker's crew gives them re-occurring pushes if it happens within 6 of them.

I still think they're better in Tormented, but I wouldn't write them completely off in a Parker crew, especially since they're a lot more likely to use At Gunpoint + Buried Grudge in in a Bandit Crew. Parker can guarantee that the requirements for it to happen occur every turn, something you can't easily do with Daw, even with The Guilty's "Guilty as charged".

Yes, but you can hire Bandidos, who have At Gunpoint, too. And most of your Crew will have Life of Crime. Finally you can hire Student of Conflict with Covetous Cravings. Anyway, Dead Outlaws are much better in Jack's Crew.

Yes, you can take Bandido for 5 SS and they are better. Prospector is a good choice for 6 SS. Pride is only 7 SS.

13 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Of course they're much better in Tormented, my question is, are they any worth in Bandit crews? 6ss for what they do, does not look like.

It looks like they are occasionally worth it in a bandit list. You can look at their card draw (Especially against summoners, Marcus, Von Schill and McCabe who are all likely to have plenty of upgrades in the game), and the increased survivability over a banditio. The ability to fast another model is less useful in bandits, but not completely pointless, and goes up the more models you have without life of crime.

The Built in trigger on at gunpoint looks pretty good if you get to use it as an obey.

If I had 6 ss I may go with a bandito and 1 in the cache, but if I had 11 ss I am probably more likely to go a bandito and a Dead outlaw, than 2 banditos and 1 in the cache.  (And there are matches where I think they would be the choice for the 6 ss).

If I went to sell some, I might keep 1 just in case...

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 3:37 AM, Ming said:

Yes, but you can hire Bandidos, who have At Gunpoint, too. And most of your Crew will have Life of Crime. Finally you can hire Student of Conflict with Covetous Cravings. Anyway, Dead Outlaws are much better in Jack's Crew.

The Outlaws have +1 Stat and +1 Damage from the resulting obey from the built-in crow. They also can provide some decent ranged attacks and Drop it compared to the Student who is one stone less, but doesn't really do much in addition to covetous cravings for models without Life of Crime (that's across both models). The fact that they can still move around the board when markers are dropped means that they're not too hurt from spending their own actions to give out fast. A similar benefit is offered by having covetous cravings and Run and Gun on the same model, which lets you move, attack, and still give out an action.