Sign in to follow this  
Mycellanious

Strategy Marker

Are strategy markers impassable for all strategies or only for Turf War where is it specifically stated?

If strategy markers are hight 0, cant models wall over them even if they are impassable? 

Even if the markers cant be walked over, can a model be placed on top of them such as via flight?

Objects can't be dropped or placed overlapping impassable terrain, but can they be placed on strategy markers because they arent terrain?

Unless otherwise noted Markers do not count as terrain and have no verticle distance. (Page 28).

Models and markers can not move through impassible Terrain. page 37 (This also stops you landing on them)

• Thanks 1

Specifically stated only.

Impassable is impassable, height doesn’t matter.

You can’t place the model with flight on impassable terrain. Same is true of markers.

For rules purposes, the marker is treated as impassable terrain for its impassable trait.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, CrimsonWraith said:

Specifically stated only.

Impassable is impassable, height doesn’t matter.

You can’t place the model with flight on impassable terrain. Same is true of markers.

For rules purposes, the marker is treated as impassable terrain for its impassable trait.

Wait, models cant be placed on impassabme terrain anymore? Why not? Can models land on top of buikdings or climb and stand on them?

Edit: I looked at the impassable section again. Do models count as Objects? It seems a bit silly to me that models with flight could climb up the side of a building but not fly to the top. This also means that models that die on buildings drop no markers right?

2nd Edit: ok, I found my answer in the advanced terrain section. Sorry guys. The rules say that the walls of a building are impassable (or climbable) but the roof is not. So in M3E impassable doesnt mean "hard" it means "nothing can be here"

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

Wait, models cant be placed on impassabme terrain anymore? Why not? Can models land on top of buikdings or climb and stand on them?

Edit: I looked at the impassable section again. Do models count as Objects? It seems a bit silly to me that models with flight could climb up the side of a building but not fly to the top. This also means that models that die on buildings drop no markers right?

The section on page 38 talks about the differences between buildings you can stand on and buildings you can't. (As with just about every terrain question, the answer is, how did you define it before the game).

being placed on a section of impassible terrain would count as moving through the terrain. (Page 15)

• Thanks 1