[M3E] Perdita and Nellie Super Pals

4thstringer

Ok, so I was playing a game with Perdita the other day, started to get tempted to combine Perdita with nellie.  Get finger on the trigger and possibly some focus on Perdita, then use Nellie to force some charges.  You will want stones to make nellie's trigger go off to do so, but I'm enjoying it from an idea standpoint.  Maybe add in a rifleman to tick another point of damage.  

Really what this idea needs to truly make it purr is a model that can put down hazardous markers.  I couldn't think of any in guild (Basse kinda, but even that is pretty thin)  Sonnia, but I don't want people charging into sonnia if I can help it.  

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Not really. If I have an itch for hazardous I run Hoffman and haul in Hank. Vent Steam is dirty. (Note to self: still must try tagalong Nellie trying to pry an interview out of Hoffman to feed Hank markers for Trail of Gore to showcase obvious and unending brutality of the Union hey give me back my notepad!)

Basse can flip terrain to hazardous but that’s also cramming yet another master into the list.

13 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Not really. If I have an itch for hazardous I run Hoffman and haul in Hank. Vent Steam is dirty. (Note to self: still must try tagalong Nellie trying to pry an interview out of Hoffman to feed Hank markers for Trail of Gore to showcase obvious and unending brutality of the Union hey give me back my notepad!)

Basse can flip terrain to hazardous but that’s also cramming yet another master into the list.

So what you are saying is my crew build is Hoffman as master, Nellie, Perdita and Hank, and 8 stones?

Can't see any way that goes wrong.  I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While they don't have pounce anymore.  Clockwork Traps ideally via a Pathfinder could add a ton of frustration to this build.   Using Nellie to force enemies to get tangled up in Traps.  Meanwhile Perdita can shoot freely into any engagements with Traps.

• Like 1

The thing i like the most with Nellie is Guild Steward. Hey you! Charge the guy! OHHH MY GOOD they killed Ken.. Steward! If the enemy model survived the 4/6/8 it should have lots of trouble anyway with the adversary (enemy) on it. This thing can be really unexpected. Especially good in staging DtG or finishing Vendetta.

16 hours ago, Legislat said:

The thing i like the most with Nellie is Guild Steward. Hey you! Charge the guy! OHHH MY GOOD they killed Ken.. Steward! If the enemy model survived the 4/6/8 it should have lots of trouble anyway with the adversary (enemy) on it. This thing can be really anexpected. Especially good in staging DtG or finishing Vendetta.

Can that 4/6/8 be cheated? It doesn't say that the flip is at a :-flip

21 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Man, the Steward is basically an auto take at this point. 

Like Minako for TT, I think the goal is to not kill him if you are playing against him (unless you have someone that stops demise abilities).  He doesn't have that much effect if you aren't attacking him.

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Like Minako for TT, I think the goal is to not kill him if you are playing against him (unless you have someone that stops demise abilities).  He doesn't have that much effect if you aren't attacking him.

If he gets conditioned to death, for example fire kills him, your opponent wouldn't take the damage flip, would they? 

Also, he has kind of a big effect if you don't kill him since he's healing and removing conditions. 

Just now, Irritated Walrus said:

If he gets conditioned to death, for example fire kills him, your opponent wouldn't take the damage flip, would they? 

IIRC the last thing we saw on conditions is that condition kills count as kills for the model who put the condition on. (which raises questions about stacked conditions).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

IIRC the last thing we saw on conditions is that condition kills count as kills for the model who put the condition on. (which raises questions about stacked conditions).

I think that only applies to Sonnia's scorch the soul and the likes. Manual, page 25:

Killed models are always considered to be killed by the model that generated the Action or Ability that killed them (as well as by that model’s Crew). If a model is killed by another effect (such as a Condition or Hazardous Terrain), it is not considered to have been killed by any player, model, or Crew.

This is good to deny some strats points as if you kill your own model with burning or poison the

was killed by a model which was friendly to it clause does not apply

1 minute ago, longfanz said:

I think that only applies to Sonnia's scorch the soul and the likes. Manual, page 25:

Killed models are always considered to be killed by the model that generated the Action or Ability that killed them (as well as by that model’s Crew). If a model is killed by another effect (such as a Condition or Hazardous Terrain), it is not considered to have been killed by any player, model, or Crew.

This is good to deny some strats points as if you kill your own model with burning or poison the

was killed by a model which was friendly to it clause does not apply

Honestly my brain is fairly beta addled.  It is very possible that was true for like one week, or I just misread it one week and thought it was true, and it never was.

Just now, 4thstringer said:

Honestly my brain is fairly beta addled.  It is very possible that was true for like one week, or I just misread it one week and thought it was true, and it never was.

I found it on page 29:

If an Action would kill a model from damage suffered

from a Condition (such as an Action that states "Target

suffers 2 damage from the Burning Condition"), the

model taking the  Action is considered to have killed

the model.

• Like 2