Pergli

dashel advice?

Also, a lot of people are bummed out about dogs getting killed too easily. If you use terrain or screen them, they can cause a lot of schemey headaches. They shouldn't really be near danger unless you just want a cheap tar pit or a distraction. Also, if your opponent is focusing on killing the dogs, that means they aren't killing your more important models. 

I really like summoning dogs turn one for Power Ritual. Keep them in the back corners on your side of the table, and have them drop schemes in the corners later in the game so your opponent doesn't have time to react to them. Use a faster model like Mounted Guard to run to a corner/corners on your opponents side of the table. Also, Using Queeg to make your dogs fast, then healing them with Daschel or the Stewie can be nasty. It allows for an 18" move. 

If you have a more killy scheme summon in Executioners, Mounted Guard, Sargents, etc. 

Make sure to take some extra Soul Stones with you to build in a :ramto your flip. That way, if you don't have a :ram, any high card will do. 

Make sure to try and get the Dispatcher's push ability off with the trigger to put a enemy scheme in base contact with him. He'll take a point of damage, but between the Steward and Daschel, we have plenty of heals in Guild now. This will lessen your TN. 

Lastly, remember that you can summon more that one model with a single action. A 10 of :ramoff an opponents scheme can summon two dogs at once. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Also, a lot of people are bummed out about dogs getting killed too easily. If you use terrain or screen them, they can cause a lot of schemey headaches. They shouldn't really be near danger unless you just want a cheap tar pit or a distraction. Also, if your opponent is focusing on killing the dogs, that means they aren't killing your more important models. 

The problem I have with Hounds, is that the difference between a Hound and a Guard Patrol is just too stark. Yes, Hounds have a higher Mv, but it's only by 1, and GP have access to Creep Along which can mitigate that somewhat.

Combining losing 2AP on the summon (A Turn 1 Summon still has Slow on Turn 2), and being inferior in almost every other way, I'd rarely ever consider it unless I literally couldn't get the extra pip to summon a Patrol, or I already had max Patrol's on the table.

• Like 2

Lets just compare the efficiency in terms of AP for summoning on the first turn. All cases are from the enemy SM

3 Dogs (13:ram)- you get 3 AP the turn after the summoning and 6 every turn afterwards. They are usually countered by 1-2AP from the opponent. 1 AP is usually enought to blow them off by a sniper. In best case scenario (everybody lives) you get 21 AP. In the worst case 0-3 AP is all you get with ~3-5 wasted AP from opponent. Not a good tradeoff if you take into account number of upgrades and no immidiate value. You will almost never score anything on turn 2 with slow dogs.

2 Dogs (10:ram)- 2 AP the turn after, 4 AP afterwards, Best case - 14 AP, worst case - 0-2 AP. Same but worse.

2 Guard Patrol (12:ram) - 2 AP the first turn, 4 AP afterwards. Best case - 18 AP. GP are a lot more resilient. Usually takes 1-3 AP to take down (the most common being 2 AP) and have added utility in form of Take the hit and added mobiility of Creep Along. Worst case 0-2 Ap, but usually you at least get 2-6 AP with added take the hit or creep along benefits. Opponents usually waste 3-5 AP, and you in fact do get the immidiate benefit of "getting in there" to force your opponent to react and potentially scoring something on turn 2.

1 Mounted Guard (12:ram) - 1 AP + bonus the first turn and 2AP +bonus afterwards. Very resilient and very mobile for the cost. Takes about 3-4 AP to take down with the demise. Every AP is very effective if you take into account Ride with me and Got your back. Single MG can get you a scheme done (and sometimes score and deny) in one activation. 11 AP if lives through the end but with RwM and GyB they are effectively ~17 AP  in best case scenario. Not counting TAXI service (which is huge). Worst case usually 1-3 AP(2-5 APwith Ride with me/Got your back). Almost similar to the previous variant in terms of wasted enemy AP to get rid of but a lot harder to just pin down.

1 warden + GP (13:ram) - Same as 2 GP, but warden is A LOT tankier. Thats a nice choice if you want a tarpit + schemerunning. 

Therefore. If you have a shit hand - maaaaaybe 2 dogs are ok, but honestly. Get yourself a single GP or warden.

Dont Summon Dogs. You want dogs - hire them, they'll be good if you use/hide them well. If you want to summon usefull AP - get yourself a couple of GP, Warden + GP or MG. End of story.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, eddy said:

Hmm. Does anyone consider summon 3 dogs if you have 13 rams in hand just to kill them turn 1 for 3ss?

I think if Daschel wasn't limited to one Summoning action per turn that would be a real consideration.  But I can't imagine doing that rather than summoning a Sexycutioner.

I often get MG instead. Depends. Stones are a waste of time and activations - you will need to finish activations of 3 models near the corpses not to say you need to kill them somehow in the first place. Too many wasted ap

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

You could hire Loco in and blow all three dogs up for 1apūüėĀ

Not saying its good, but you could

Or hire Dita/Francisco/Santiago/Nino and Loco and do it for a card ūüėú

Quick question - the guard which replaces a MG when they die. Does this count towards the Guard limits on the table? Oe, if a MG dies but there are already 4 guard patrols on the table, is the new guard patrol just lost?

1 hour ago, Mikes said:

Thanks mate. 

Another question  - has anyone played The Judge with Dashel? I'm wondering how his card dar abilities stack with Dash's summoning.

I thought about the same, that, or play Dashel with Lucius (the main problem here is the 2 summons cap for Dashel as second master). The main problem with the crew is card draw and there are not many ways of drawing cards consistently within the Guild.

11 hours ago, longfanz said:

I thought about the same, that, or play Dashel with Lucius (the main problem here is the 2 summons cap for Dashel as second master). The main problem with the crew is card draw and there are not many ways of drawing cards consistently within the Guild.

I think Nellie might be a better option.  She forces the enemy to take the interact action, and then gains buffs and card draw from them taking the interact action.  Plus she has all kinds of good abilities that trigger off of nearby scheme markers, which you're going to be dropping to summon off of anyway.  (You interact to drop a marker for Dashel to summon off of, Nellie can then draw them towards the marker with Twisting Their Ideals, give them Distracted and Stunned from Slow News Day which will also cycle a card from your hand, then pop "One More Question!" to force them to potentially take damage if they are close enough to the scheme marker and makes them take the interact action, which pops Breaking News for more card draw and Focused +1, and if they are close enough to Nellie you control the interact action to drop a second scheme marker down.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cathaidan said:

I think Nellie might be a better option.  She forces the enemy to take the interact action, and then gains buffs and card draw from them taking the interact action.  Plus she has all kinds of good abilities that trigger off of nearby scheme markers, which you're going to be dropping to summon off of anyway.  (You interact to drop a marker for Dashel to summon off of, Nellie can then draw them towards the marker with Twisting Their Ideals, give them Distracted and Stunned from Slow News Day which will also cycle a card from your hand, then pop "One More Question!" to force them to potentially take damage if they are close enough to the scheme marker and makes them take the interact action, which pops Breaking News for more card draw and Focused +1, and if they are close enough to Nellie you control the interact action to drop a second scheme marker down.)

Yes, I've listened again the third floor wars chapter about Dashel and they suggest exactly that. I'll give it a go :)

On 5/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, longfanz said:

Yes, I've listened again the third floor wars chapter about Dashel and they suggest exactly that. I'll give it a go :)

Please remember that Nellie has changed ALOT since that episode. ALOT ALOT