2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - April

Caedrus

@muraki - love your scheme for the alt Viks , brought a huge smile to my face, nicely done too - keep up the great work

@Caedrus - your prowess at sculpting is way beyond "amateurish" and you've totally nailed the NMM on your executioner...that's the kind of brushwork where you should duly award yourself congratulations of the cold beverage variety 😉👍

• Thanks 1

@Caedrus those MNM...oh man... If I have to choose which one I like more I would be in a tough spot! And the skin is great too! Can't wait to see it finished! 

I'll try to post pictures tonight of my two finished models so far, Lucius (with the classic colour scheme) and the Abuela, and next comes Ryle. 

• Thanks 1

@viruk yeah the eyes look a bit off in that pic, which is kind of annoying.  In person, they look a bit better.  I wanted to do more asian-esque on the rabbit suited vik, but i kind of liked the way they came out (kind of reminded me of skeeter from doug funny).  I may go back at them when i get set up again, and see if it's just a bad image or if I can make em a bit better.  I do prefer to do anime eyes, so we'll see.

Those Cereberus's look great.  I was thinking of the same color scheme for mine (when I get around to it), though i was thinking a darker blue for the mane / stripes rather than grey.  I may have to change my opinion after seeing these, the contrast is nice.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:57 AM, Caedrus said:

Caedrus, reporting in with a WIP!

My amateurish sculpting skills are evident in this Recruiter WIP:

IPVlqmE.jpg

...but I've been quite pleased with my Executioner. He's nearly finished, so here's a sneak peek!

qphQdwk.jpg

Comments and feedback is always welcome!

I hope you're having a great April!

Caedrus.

@Caedrus this NMM gold looks amazing! Congrats

• Thanks 1

Update for me: I present Team RWBY, armed and ready!

large.20190417_075751.jpg.97067db36cfc631f794ca9a779e8f590.jpglarge.20190417_080153.jpg.7b6a07a59bd5d6683a1d046c963804f0.jpglarge.20190417_080000.jpg.83134b5db1c61ee80e287790843b5953.jpg

Not counting Misaki and Shang as they really just got touch-ups and a weapon swap, but wanted to show them all together.

This was definitely the most demanding green stuff work I've done, beween the scythe, sword, and Minako/Yang's torso and hair. Press molds helped a LOT! All told the rest together (Minako 8, Crime Boss 8, Torakage 6, 2x Katashiro 6 each) come to 34ss more for the month so far.

Also, if you're looking for something fun to watch in the background while you paint, look up RWBY on YouTube.

• Like 8

My mid month pledge update.......

1. Till WIP, my Ghost of the Laguna (aka Poltergeist):

IMG-20190417-163537.jpg

I worked it with coulourshift paints over a black matt primer washed with grey. I have not yet a clear idea about highlight management.

2. The other 3 Malifaux figures are in development: I'm optimistic about chance to finish at least 2 of them.

3. I'm engulfed with scenic basements: I have very much of them to go after and no one has been finished yet.

4. Out of pledge, I worked hard to complete my second batch of starships. Guess I could take care of last details in the first pause I could get between my painting duties I pledged for the month.

• Like 6

It's Popcorn Turner for 8ss!
I have a new phone, which has a fairly decent camera... but as you can see I haven't figured out how to use it well yet. Which is OK because he isn't amazingly painted, just gaming standard. I like the idea, the model, just painting him was.. uninspiring. But he's done.
Hopefully less potato-like photos from now on😂😂

img_20190419_093807.jpg

• Like 7

Mid-month(ish) update:

First two weeks of April I worked on Hamelin. I did some research on Pied Piper, felt inspired and wanted to try few ideas I had.
After that I switched to my pledge for this month - Malifaux Rat, which is almost finished :) I will try to finish it this weekend and then again come back to Hamelin for the rest of the month.

I would also like to create a thread about my Plague painting adventures so that I have everything in one place. I would really like to see this one through and its own thread would be nice :)

• Like 4