[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

Ran lucius into Shen in standard plant explosives tonight.  Only won by 1, but it would have been 2 if I had played it a little better.

I ran Lucius with expert Marksman, scribe, agent 46 with LLC, Alan Reid, investigator, lawyer, and pale rider.  Highlights include spending a 13of Rams to get off a  hatred unleashed on turn 2, and getting 5 cards back and making my whole crew except lucius heal.  My opponent only made 6 attacks total, and just used his incredible speed and double charm warders to make my life hard.

Alan Reid's diversion aura made a nice anti-Juggernaut tool.

• Like 2

I ran Nellie into Sandeep for plant explosives.  5-4 win.

My list:Round 3 Nellie (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Nellie Cochrane
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  The Printing Press
Hires:
  Undercover Reporter
  Phiona Gage
  False Witness
  Guild Steward
  Pale Rider
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

His list: Sandeep, banasuva, kandara, miner with upgrade, 2 deisel engined swarms, a fire gamin and a wind gamin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I ran Nellie into Sandeep for plant explosives.  5-4 win.

My list:Round 3 Nellie (Guild)
Leader:
  Nellie Cochrane
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  The Printing Press
Hires:
  Undercover Reporter
  Phiona Gage
  False Witness
  Guild Steward
  Pale Rider
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

His list: Sandeep, banasuva, kandara, miner with upgrade, 2 deisel engined swarms, a fire gamin and a wind gamin.

nice job for your win! He ran a pretty brutal list with all the cheese from Arcanist! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Played two games against Titania, 2 early wins

New Perdita Ortega Crew (Guild)
Leader:
  Perdita Ortega
Totem(s):
  Enslaved Nephilim
Hires:
  Francisco Ortega
  Santiago Ortega
  Abuela Ortega
  Nino Ortega
  Monster Hunter
  Papa Loco
  Pistolero De Latigo

And game 2

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 0
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Doppleganger
  Pale Rider
  Alan Reid
  Agent 46
  Guild Lawyer
  Undercover Reporter

• Like 1

Tonight's list, which may have chased off a friend from malifaux for a while-

New Lady Justice Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Lady Justice
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  Death Marshal
    No prisoners
  Death Marshal 2
    No prisoners
  Pale Rider
  The Lone Marshal
  Melissa K.O.R.E.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Tonight's list, which may have chased off a friend from malifaux for a while-

New Lady Justice Crew (Guild)
Leader:
  Lady Justice
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  Death Marshal
    No prisoners
  Death Marshal 2
    No prisoners
  Pale Rider
  The Lone Marshal
  Melissa K.O.R.E.

I’m intrigued and kinda really like how mobile this sounds. What was the pool and opponent’s crew?

7 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

I’m intrigued and kinda really like how mobile this sounds. What was the pool and opponent’s crew?

It was not great for the strat or scheme because it was cursed idols and hold up their forces was in the pool.  It is a crew that likes to be bunched up.  My opponent had yokou, chiyo, 2 geisha, lust, bill, Hina, tannen and a charm warder.

Top of 2 I spent a 12r to pull off the riders make everyone charge so all those run and gun models just emptied my opponents hand.  My opponent sent Hina to do the cursed idols in the corner, which basically let me kill off most of his fragile models and get his master close to death for the first assassinate point.  He had lust at full or almost full, Hina in the corner, and yokou on deaths door with no stones left.

Tbh my opponents list was mostly Janky, so your mileage may vary.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I totally farted around at today’s tournament. Please do not take the following lists seriously.

Plant Explosives I grabbed Hoffman because why not, gave Phiona and Joss their lead-lined coats, then filled in with cheaper runners: steamfitter, upgraded effigy, watcher, toolkit. I played against a kid-and-grownup duo where the kid picked minis he liked more or less, then played with only mild coaching. It was something like a 50ss first demo game for a new player, in intensity. The kid did legitimately kick my behind at one point as his lawyer (Neverborn Lucius) obeyed my Hoffball to turn on itself, using up Phiona’s focus and forcing me to discard a 10 and 11 Phiona was also planning to use, leading directly to her whiffing the retaliatory attacks. However I did also shortly learn a lesson about not using Phiona to reel in a lawyer with Bring It if it will be in range to slow me.

I was in a mood to run multi-master malarkey for Reckoning, and eventually issued coats to Nellie and Hoffman (not sure what I was thinking there, maybe Analyze Weakness into Arcanists? don’t own Perdita), and hired a steward. Here I made a mistake and declared Nellie leader: it should have been Dashel for uncapped summons. Also this would have worked much better if I hadn’t had to split up, but if Outflank is there it must be dealt with. What followed was a game of keep-away, specifically from Ironsides herself, as our bubble crews dealt with a need to scatter all over the map and a lot of Laugh Off to ensure it stayed that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a couple perdita games for a 5-3 win and a 3-2 win vs. my most common tt opponent.

The first game the list was perdita, Frank, Santiago, papa, nino, abuela and a monster Hunter.  It was vs Jacob.  Jacob is pretty damn scary, especially in turf where he can bubble.

The second was vs. Misaki in reckoning.  The pool was garbage, and I made it worse by taking assassinate and deliver (and then forgot to do deliver the one time I had a chance, instead going for assassinate)

I got rid of abuela for that one, and put LLC on perdita and Frank and no prisoners on the monster Hunter.

Tried Hoffman for the first time today with the following List against Sandeep:

New Charles Hoffman Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Charles Hoffman
Totem(s):
  Mechanical Attendant
Hires:
  Peacekeeper
  Guild Steward
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
  Watcher
  Hunter
  Guardian

Strat was Idols, Schemes were: Vendetta, Assassinate, Search the Ruins, Deliver a Message and Detonate Charges. 

We did just get to Turn 4, I scored 2 Idols and 2 Vendetta (Hunter vs Shasta Vidia Guard) and he got 1 Search, 1 Deliver a Message and 2 Idols so we ended up 4v4.

The Guardian and Peacekeepers where the MVPs for me. Although both are quite slow they packed one hell of a punch. The Guardian in particular guarded one idol Marker on my opponents half and scored me the 2nd Idol VP. It was a really close game, he managed to get his 2nd Idol VP in his last activation. Otherwise I would've gotten the 3rd VP.

I think Deliver a Message was a bad 2nd Scheme for me although I don't think the others would've been better. Which Scheme would you guys choose in this Pool? 

29 minutes ago, IamW said:

Tried Hoffman for the first time today with the following List against Sandeep:

New Charles Hoffman Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Charles Hoffman
Totem(s):
  Mechanical Attendant
Hires:
  Peacekeeper
  Guild Steward
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
  Watcher
  Hunter
  Guardian

Strat was Idols, Schemes were: Vendetta, Assassinate, Search the Ruins, Deliver a Message and Detonate Charges. 

We did just get to Turn 4, I scored 2 Idols and 2 Vendetta (Hunter vs Shasta Vidia Guard) and he got 1 Search, 1 Deliver a Message and 2 Idols so we ended up 4v4.

The Guardian and Peacekeepers where the MVPs for me. Although both are quite slow they packed one hell of a punch. The Guardian in particular guarded one idol Marker on my opponents half and scored me the 2nd Idol VP. It was a really close game, he managed to get his 2nd Idol VP in his last activation. Otherwise I would've gotten the 3rd VP.

I think Deliver a Message was a bad 2nd Scheme for me although I don't think the others would've been better. Which Scheme would you guys choose in this Pool? 

I'm having lots of games where I look at the schemes and feel like I don't see two good options.  Probably a fault on my building.

15 hours ago, IamW said:

Search the Ruins can be really easy to do! depends on the table! and I really like Detonate Charge! take a model OOK that can drop multiple scheme markers and it's a cake walk!

56 minutes ago, Cursed25 said:

take a model OOK that can drop multiple scheme markers and [Detonate the Charges]'s a cake walk!

I've been putting a False Witness in many of my crews for exactly that reason.

Also nice to roll up for the -Wp (and no-cheat aura), particularly if you can Obey/issue Command into position to maintain Manipulative.

4 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

Search the Ruins can be really easy to do! depends on the table! and I really like Detonate Charge! take a model OOK that can drop multiple scheme markers and it's a cake walk!

I unfortunately don't have that many Guild models and I opted to take mainly in Keyword models to get a basic overview of Hoffman. 

Yeah I think Search the Ruins would've been a better choice. 

Which models would you recommend for Detonate? 

Got an interesting game in this week. Was part of our weekly league, so was preparing to see either Mei Feng or Jakob Lynch. I was deciding between Lady J or Sonia, and went with J since I hadn’t played my girl in a while. My opponent declared Mei and this is what we brought to the table..

Standard Idols, with Hold up, Vendetta, Dig, Detonate, Take prisoner (I was not a fan of this pool)

1.13 New Faux 4 Mei (Guild)
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Scales of Justice
  The Lone Marshal
    Expert Marksman
  Exorcist
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
    Expert Marksman
  Guild Steward
  Pathfinder

New Mei Feng Crew (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 10
  Mei Feng
  Forgeling
  Asami Tanaka
  Amanjaku
  Shadow Emissary
  Dawn Serpent
    Masked Agent

I took Hold Up and Vendetta (Melissa v Asami) and my opponent took Take Prisoner (on Pathfinder) and Vendetta (Dawn Serpent v Lone Marshal). We played 4 turns before calling it. I controlled 3 of the Idol drops, but lost Lady J turn 2 after some vicious dragon attacks and a summoned Jorogumo to the face (4 Jorogumo were summoned this game!). J took out the Dawn Serpent on her way down and I would go on to lose Melissa, Stewie, Scales, and two summoned traps. Meanwhile I killed two of the Jorogumo (the others flickered out) and severely wounded everything other than the totems.

Amidst the killing, I scored 3 points for idols, 1 for hold up, and the first point of vendetta. My opponent scored both points for take prisoner. Final score 5 - 2 for Guild. :ToS-Ram:

21 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Got an interesting game in this week. Was part of our weekly league, so was preparing to see either Mei Feng or Jakob Lynch. I was deciding between Lady J or Sonia, and went with J since I hadn’t played my girl in a while. My opponent declared Mei and this is what we brought to the table..

Standard Idols, with Hold up, Vendetta, Dig, Detonate, Take prisoner (I was not a fan of this pool)

1.13 New Faux 4 Mei (Guild)
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Scales of Justice
  The Lone Marshal
    Expert Marksman
  Exorcist
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
    Expert Marksman
  Guild Steward
  Pathfinder

New Mei Feng Crew (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 10
  Mei Feng
  Forgeling
  Asami Tanaka
  Amanjaku
  Shadow Emissary
  Dawn Serpent
    Masked Agent

I took Hold Up and Vendetta (Melissa v Asami) and my opponent took Take Prisoner (on Pathfinder) and Vendetta (Dawn Serpent v Lone Marshal). We played 4 turns before calling it. I controlled 3 of the Idol drops, but lost Lady J turn 2 after some vicious dragon attacks and a summoned Jorogumo to the face (4 Jorogumo were summoned this game!). J took out the Dawn Serpent on her way down and I would go on to lose Melissa, Stewie, Scales, and two summoned traps. Meanwhile I killed two of the Jorogumo (the others flickered out) and severely wounded everything other than the totems.

Amidst the killing, I scored 3 points for idols, 1 for hold up, and the first point of vendetta. My opponent scored both points for take prisoner. Final score 5 - 2 for Guild. :ToS-Ram:

this is a very strange Mei Feng list ahah!

Had three games for the holiday tonight.  

Perdita vs. Jack daw in plant

Won 5-4 in a close one.

List was perdita, neph, Frank, Santiago, monster Hunter, nino, papa.  I forgot to put abuela on the table, so my opponent have me 2 extra stones (bringing me to ten)

Second game was perdita vs. von shtook.

Turf war won 5-2.  Messed up my claim jump on papa or I could have done better.  

I took perdita, neph, Frank, monster Hunter, nino , papa and the rider.  

Game three was reckoning perdita vs Seamus.  My opponent was using a horde of small models and was fairly new to the edition.  I won 6-2

List was perdita, Frank, Santiago, nino, papa, peacekeeper and the neph.

• Like 2

Got another game in this week for our league. Was expecting Parker and my opponent put a brand new crew on the table for the first time.. Von Schill! 

Turf War on Wedge w/ Assassinate, Deliver, Power Ritual, Detonate, Harness.

Lady J + LLC + 5ss
Scales
Lone Marshal
Brutal Emissary
Peacekeeper
Undercover Reporter
Stewie

Von Schill + 6ss
Steam Trunk
Lazarus
Arik
Drachen Trooper
Engineer
Scout
Freikorpsmann

J took Deliver & Assassinate, VS took Deliver & Power Ritual. The board was a lot of long galleys/open shooting lanes so I played conservative for fear of being shot off early and stacked J up to Focus 3 in Turn 1 anticipating poor hands in later turns when I went after Von Schill. Had a ton of lucky flips defending against Lazarus & managed to bury Arik Turn 3. Course that meant I was relying on all that Focus to get me Assassinate. 

By the end it was 6 - 3 for Guild (3 Turf + 2 Assassinate + 1 Deliver vs 2 Turf + 1 Deliver)

• Like 1

Got a game lined up tonight against a new opponent who's brining Tara. So a player and master I've never played against before.

Not knowing anything about Tara I opted to take Sonnia, then read Tara's cards and immediately regretted not bringing Lady J.

His crew will be:

Tara

Karina

Aionus

Talos

Nothing Beast

2 x Void Wretch

Ahses and Dust

5ss

I'll be bringing:

Sonnia / LLC

Purfying Flame

Sam

Undercover Reporter

Witchling Handler

2 x Thralls

Stalker

4ss

It's standard deployment, Corrupted Idols with Leylines, Hold up their forces, Take Pirsoners, Outlfank and Assassinate.

Outflank seemed obvious given Idols, so I opted for that, and Assassinate, as I want Tara dead.

Reading her cards and listening to the 3rd floor warsd podcast on her, it looks as if Karina should be Target #1 and then either Tara or Aionus. I'm opting for Tara as I don't like facing summoners at the best of times, plus the Assassinate scheme makes it a no brainer.

Looking at Aionus' ability to just attack and unbury buried models means I probably won't start with the Undercover Reporter buried, which don't mind as it's surprisingly quick anyway. But other than that and getting Sonnia close enough to blast stuff to far enough away not to get buried I have no idea. Any advice is welcome.

1 hour ago, Mikes said:

Got a game lined up tonight against a new opponent who's brining Tara. So a player and master I've never played against before.

Not knowing anything about Tara I opted to take Sonnia, then read Tara's cards and immediately regretted not bringing Lady J.

His crew will be:

Tara

Karina

Aionus

Talos

Nothing Beast

2 x Void Wretch

Ahses and Dust

5ss

I'll be bringing:

Sonnia / LLC

Purfying Flame

Sam

Undercover Reporter

Witchling Handler

2 x Thralls

Stalker

4ss

It's standard deployment, Corrupted Idols with Leylines, Hold up their forces, Take Pirsoners, Outlfank and Assassinate.

Outflank seemed obvious given Idols, so I opted for that, and Assassinate, as I want Tara dead.

Reading her cards and listening to the 3rd floor warsd podcast on her, it looks as if Karina should be Target #1 and then either Tara or Aionus. I'm opting for Tara as I don't like facing summoners at the best of times, plus the Assassinate scheme makes it a no brainer.

Looking at Aionus' ability to just attack and unbury buried models means I probably won't start with the Undercover Reporter buried, which don't mind as it's surprisingly quick anyway. But other than that and getting Sonnia close enough to blast stuff to far enough away not to get buried I have no idea. Any advice is welcome.

Well, killing Tara is going to be extremely hard with Sonnia or Samael, while the main advantages of the Thralls will be to bypass the terrifying.

You definetely should have paid for the Jury, she would give you a decent advantage. Even a DM recruiter wpuld help by attacking buried models and making the stalkers/thralls come back as DM. 

I would abuse the lack of condition removal and try to set up on fire as many things as you can in the first turns and secure a couple of kills in turn 3.

Go for Aionus is you have the chance, specially with Samael and Sonnia, since they're going to be mostly useless to deal with Tara. His only real defense are SS and Tara needs them to summon the void hunters, so putting preasure there is a good idea.

I don't see what's going to be the purpose of the reporter due to your scheme choice, I guess it will be to deny some points to your enemy.