[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

2 minutes ago, explorator said:

How long, on average does a game on Vassal take, if you don't mind sharing?

It's very opponent dependent.  3.5-4 hours usually, but easily can be more due to tech issues, distractions at home, learning the format etc.  The temptation to try out every angle given the precision of the aura measure is real.

• Thanks 1

😀ran a fun one tonight. 

Recover evidence vs. ulix

I took Daschel, dispatcher

Mounted guard

Undercover reporter

Steward

4x hounds

1x bird

Rifleman

The idea (not mine, I got it from Jesse and @Gnomezilla). My opponent put the markers on the hounds and the mounted guard.  Usually a good choice.

I beat the dogs until they dropped the evidence in a safe place, summoning a bird off the one I accidently killed.

With summons and a little help from a jank Vassal board, I was able to protect those markers all game, get 2 markers myself, and get a few more scheme points.  Dunno if it would always work, but it was pretty good in this case.

• Haha 1

Two lists from two losses in the last two days.   I don't face the high end masters in malifaux much, so they were learning experiences, and I'm a little salty.

Nellie v. Dreamer, symbols of authority

Nellie, pp, 2 field reporters, false witness, undercover, jury, Dade 2-1 loss

Basse v. Kirai 

We called it mid turn 4.  Assume 8-2, I was getting crushed

Basse, baby basse, perdita, pale rider,

Pathfinder, 7 traps

My last game vs Von Stock

Pool: 5
Leader:
  Dashel Barker
Totem(s):
  The Dispatcher
Hires:
  Taggart Queeg
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Executioner
  Executioner 2
  Guild Steward
  Pale Rider

Summing guards for take the hit purpouse.

48 minutes ago, belorey said:

My last game vs Von Stock

Pool: 5
Leader:
  Dashel Barker
Totem(s):
  The Dispatcher
Hires:
  Taggart Queeg
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Executioner
  Executioner 2
  Guild Steward
  Pale Rider

Summing guards for take the hit purpouse.

How did it go?

On 5/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, 4thstringer said:

How did it go?

It was my first game with Rider un a Dashel list and i did't face Stock before so i lose. But i can see the potential of the list.

Anyway, i think next time i should add a Death Marshall Recruiter insteas of Steward.

• 1 month later...

You Shall not Pass!

New Cornelius Basse Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Cornelius Basse
Totem(s):
  Bernadette Basse
Hires:
  Clockwork Trap
  Clockwork Trap 2
  Clockwork Trap 3
  Clockwork Trap 4
  Clockwork Trap 5
  Clockwork Trap 6
  Clockwork Trap 7
  Pathfinder
  Pathfinder 2
  Austringer
  Austringer 2
  Paul Crockett

If you play versus a blob-like crew just put 7-8 traps outside of their deployment zone. Pathfinders help you move traps. You block and stagger the opponent and do schemes. Turn 3 you probably might die, but you should be able to get ahead in points ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nellie (4SS)
Printing Press
Phiona Gage
Field Reporter
Guild Lawyer
False Witness
Effigy + Effigy of Fate
Pale Rider + LLC

Played Recover Evidence vs Jack Daw. Took Martyrs on Effigy and Reporter and Sabotage. Won 6:2. I think Nellie is probably the best Recover Evidence master in Guild!

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, le_wahou said:

I already tried lots of pistoleros and monster hunters. I was really disappointed. They died to a breeze, did nothing really important, could not run far enough to get to safety and prevented Perdita's draw. Good luck !

I was able to pull the 7-4 win.  They were able to shoot up the edge turn 3, get me all 4 points for my schemes.  Nino got killed top of 2, but the monster hunters, lawyer, and perdita with a key disengage flip from the neph, were able to hold the middle, and kill the rat kings, the prospector and hamelin, and get the lodestone onto the midnight stalker preventing him from leaping.

Fun game, played a style I'm not accustomed to, but was able to make it work.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Been a while since I dumped lists.  Here are two that I had pretty good games with.

(Public enemies)

Nellie, llc

phi, llc , 

Dade

2x newsies

Lawyer

Stewie

Domador

Interesting. I used Nellie in public ennemies, but it was with Lone marshall and pale rider. How do you prevent  the ennemy beater to dive through your team on your support models ?

4 hours ago, le_wahou said:

Interesting. I used Nellie in public ennemies, but it was with Lone marshall and pale rider. How do you prevent  the ennemy beater to dive through your team on your support models ?

Honestly?  The opponent probably should have done that.  Instead he tried to brute force through phi, figuring that phi was both 3 bounty points and my only real killer.   He had a min crew so the risk was legit, but between those plus flips and all the shielded and healing, she would not go down, even without stones to protect her. She did have concealing.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:35 AM, 4thstringer said:

Been a while since I dumped lists.  Here are two that I had pretty good games with.

(Public enemies)

Nellie, llc

phi, llc , 

Dade

2x newsies

Lawyer

Stewie

Domador

And in ley lines

Lucius, 

Scribe

Agent 46 with llc

Pale rider with llc

Lawyer

Undercover reporter

Changeling

the first is very bad; the second doesnt prevent enemy to score ley lines, so not good

6 hours ago, Plaag said:

the first is very bad; the second doesnt prevent enemy to score ley lines, so not good

Lol I've been Plaaged.  This isn't even the final form of my badness.

That being said, you know the game does have some level of interest for people that aren't playing the way you like to play, right?   

• Like 1