[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

20 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I expect the most broken stuff in this edition to be access to affordable high quality minions, because of the changes in the hiring. They are not flashy, but they are the kind of models that actually go out and win games for you while your big toys bash stuff in the middle of the board. I really cannot understand how it is okay for a couple of factions to have versatile non-insignificant 3ss minions.

I think they were hoping the pass tokens fixed it.  (I don't think that it did, completely.)  I'm hoping rare limits stop it from getting too abusive.

Just now, 4thstringer said:

I think they were hoping the pass tokens fixed it.  (I don't think that it did, completely.)  I'm hoping rare limits stop it from getting too abusive.

I'd say it's not about spamming activations anymore. The problem is that many masters simply do not have access to affordable scheme runners at all.

51 minutes ago, trikk said:

Sure. That's why with card draw you're going for Executioniers/Mounted Guards.

I think we have some decent ones but I played with Stitched Together and holy guacamole. They make our 7SS minions look like hot garbage.

I truly believe that the stitched are a blind spot for the designers.  Just too hard for them to get them really balanced.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

I'd say it's not about spamming activations anymore. The problem is that many masters simply do not have access to affordable scheme runners at all.

That seems like a different problem than 3 ss versatile minions.   Despite the flattening out of the factions, there are several mobility style abilities (incorp, leap) that guild is either not allowed to have or only allowed to have in very very specific circumstances.

That being said,  I don't think my win percentage has dropped in the edition change.  

2 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

TBH it's nothing new compared to M2E. The scheme running is a lot less required in M3E compared to M2E and it's a lot easier to catch a scheme runner most of the time.

I haven't really looked at other factions enough to know what kind of movement shenanigans they have, but I'm finding myself just using the multitude of movement tricks in guild (investigator/false witness, toss, ride with me, obey, friendly obey, home on the range) to get my guys into a pretty good spot to scheme run.  Still not as fast as say, leaping silurids or torakage are natively, but I'm not feeling so outpaced this edition.  Still hate teleporters (misaki, seamus).

5 minutes ago, trikk said:

TBH it's nothing new compared to M2E. The scheme running is a lot less required in M3E compared to M2E and it's a lot easier to catch a scheme runner most of the time.

It's not new, sure. But it used to be enough to have 1 good scheme runner in your faction. Now you need to have it in your keyword.

Just now, Myyrä said:

Be that as it may, it still increases the gap between good masters and not so good masters in many factions.

Well. The master picks should be dependant on scheme pools, so you can't just solo-master with the best one like M2E, so I'm not that much concerned about it. 
With the fact you need 2 points from schemes it also means you require a bit less scheme running.

Honestly, maybe its because it is a bit early, but I find that besides reckoning, I don't have to build much for scheme in M3E.  If I build a list, it can usually handle most strats and scheme pools.  (That being said, deployments are a different question.  I have to specifically build to handle corner deployment, and usually I end up having more trouble because those lists struggle so much with the rest of the game.)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, trikk said:

Well. The master picks should be dependant on scheme pools, so you can't just solo-master with the best one like M2E, so I'm not that much concerned about it. 
With the fact you need 2 points from schemes it also means you require a bit less scheme running.

3/4 strategies require running around and interacting and the schemes tend to require more actions per point than in M2E, so I would say cheap actions still remain quite valuable.

2 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

3/4 strategies require running around and interacting and the schemes tend to require more actions per point than in M2E, so I would say cheap actions still remain quite valuable.

From my game experience (and I'm not saying it's the meta) it's a lot easier to steamroll over your opponent and win 4:2 that hiring scheme runners and trying to outscheme because they die effin fast.

7 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

So who is your favorite scheme runner take right now.  I've heard people talk about paying the tax and taking the Watcher at 4.  I've used the effigy and guild stewie, but they aren't particularly fast.  I know Kyle from S&S is partial to the Guild hounds.    I think the 6 ss Field reporter is one of my current faves.

1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

So who is your favorite scheme runner take right now.  I've heard people talk about paying the tax and taking the Watcher at 4.  I've used the effigy and guild stewie, but they aren't particularly fast.  I know Kyle from S&S is partial to the Guild hounds.    I think the 6 ss Field reporter is one of my current faves.

Watcher's base cost is now 4, so you would have to pay 5 to get it outside keyword. That's bit too rich for me under normal circumstances.

I would usually go with whatever is available to the master for a reasonable price, and my current favorite might be Death Marshal. They are not the fastest of models, but they are really durable for their cost and hit fairly hard too. If they encounter another scheme runner they can probably kill it.

6 minutes ago, trikk said:

From my game experience (and I'm not saying it's the meta) it's a lot easier to steamroll over your opponent and win 4:2 that hiring scheme runners and trying to outscheme because they die effin fast.

This seems to be the only viable strategy for most guild masters, so nothing new under the sun.

8 minutes ago, trikk said:

That actually reminds me of something else.  I have noticed that while there are games I am in complete control of, 7-1 or 8-2 victories don't tend to happen for my games.  I assume part of it is me needing to get better, but I can essentially control a game and steamroll my opponent, but the scores can make the game look really close but the players can easily recognize that it was otherwise.

I am honestly inclined to the heavy cost models but with the some sort of AP multilplier. Horses do just fine. Solo or as a taxi. Many masters do scheme. Dashel after first 2-3 turns of summoning/walking is a solid scheme runner. The main point being durability. In my games everything below cost 6 dies way to easy. They often don't do anything of value. And Pale Rider in comparison can be very fast and durable scheme runner with a whole sack of surprises starting turn 3. And the best scheme runner in guild is in fact changeling in Lucius. Just for the reason that he is incredibly hard to kill for the cost. 

3 minutes ago, Legislat said:

I am honestly inclined to the heavy cost models but with the some sort of AP multilplier. Horses do just fine. Solo or as a taxi. Many masters do scheme. Dashel after first 2-3 turns of summoning/walking is a solid scheme runner. The main point being durability. In my games everything below cost 6 dies way to easy. They often don't do anything of value. And Pale Rider in comparison can be very fast and durable scheme runner with a whole sack of surprises starting turn 3. And the best scheme runner in guild is in fact changeling in Lucius. Just for the reason that he is incredibly hard to kill for the cost. 

The <6 SS models dying is, IMHO, a mix of focus going between turns and pretty bad pricing on defensive tech,

38 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I almost think that guild is meant to be a top heavy factions, which reinforces in my head despite the clear authoritarian nature, that guild is thought of at Wyrd as being the "good guys".

What has top heavy got to do with being "good"?^^