[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

6 hours ago, trikk said:

Why? We decided to not ban dual-master and DMH for now. After Collodi went 22:3 we might change our mind :D

I think it's the best decision for now to play the game as is! After a few tournament if we see some heavy debalancing we will have a better understanding of what is OP/lackluster and it will be easier too change!

Yes I suspect some combo with dual-masters or some DMH stuff are too strong but balancing is never easy and the more data we have the better! :)

57 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I think in the US we are mainly seeing (except NC meta) allowing dual master but not dmh.  

I'd personally go towards solo-masters with no DMH. DMH isn't well tested (Sleep well, Ryle [`]) or breaks the whole idea behind keyword synergie, but right now we're mostly experimenting.

Also, first I thought you're from the US. Then I was pretty sure you're from UK. Now I'm just confused :( 

9 hours ago, trikk said:

I'd personally go towards solo-masters with no DMH. DMH isn't well tested (Sleep well, Ryle [`]) or breaks the whole idea behind keyword synergie, but right now we're mostly experimenting.

Also, first I thought you're from the US. Then I was pretty sure you're from UK. Now I'm just confused :( 

I'm US, but I'm not really someone that hits the tournaments very often, so I'm mostly limited to our local meta for play.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, trikk said:

I play:

Agent +LLC

Exec + LLC

Doppel

Pathfinder

2x Changeling

I'll try yours next time.  Mine made my opponent give up by turn 3 (I had killed asami and her totem, and it was about to get worse).  Then I took out the monster Hunter to play 40ss vs  50 as against one of our newer players, and that one made it to turn three too.  

Perdita is the answer to the problem of armor and shields, and not bad shooting + hero's gamble. Damador commands the marshals and heals.

Soul Stone Cache: 5
[Masters]
 - Lady Justice, Leader
   + Lead-Lined Coat
 - Perdita Ortega
[Henchmen]
 - The Judge
[Enforcers]
 - Scales of Justice
[Minions]
 - Death Marshal
 - Death Marshal
 - Domador De Cadaveres

• Like 1

I'm going to a round robin event tomorrow. And I know I shouldn't just blindly crew build without regard for scheme, but I gotta be me.  This list is made to insure that Daschel gets the cards he needs.

Daschel, dispatcher, judge, pale rider, investigator, lawyer, steward.

Only potential change I see is replacing the steward with a false witness.  Might do that for plant explosives to get the investigator to launch someone out early.

• Thanks 1

Just had a 50SS match today, Corrupted Idols/Flank Deployment against Ten Thunders.  My list was Basse, Bernadette, Reichart + LL Coat, Jury + LL Coat, Guild Steward, Pathfinder, Paul Crocket and Frontiersman.  My opponent had Youko, Chiyo, Hinamatsu, Misaki, Minako, Bunraku, and Kunoichi.

That was a bloody affair.  We called it mid turn 4, as my opponent said at that point he couldn't win. 

First turn, Basse, Reichart and Crocket moved up the left flank towards the first Idol on turn one, and Misaki, Minako and a summoned Katashiro did likewise.  Jury, Frontiersman and Steward held the middle and Pathfinder and Bernadette quietly held the right flank.  Got lucky on the left, with Misaki; Jury plinked some auto damage on her when she activated, then Basse softened her up with some quicksand, only for Paul to Red Joker  rifle shot.  She ended the turn 6 wounds down.

Second turn was a goddamn title fight, with Basse using up my whole hand and 4 soulstones just to stay alive.  I wish I'd put a LL Coat on him instead of one of the henchies, as it would have been easier.  But he lived, and put down Misaki.  Reichart got distracted, so spent the rest of the game Stoically nodding at Basse.  Crocket was originally supposed to hang back and shoot into melee, but instead Basse said "Paul, come protect me from great danger.  I need a human shield!"  So instead he moved up to shield Basse and move  an Idol, and got eaten by a paper monster.  The Frontiersman was killed by the Bunraku, and the Bunraku was killed by Jury.

Turn three was just silly.  On the right flank, Bernadette and the Pathfinder killed the Kunoichi for Dig Their Graves.  The Steward engaged Hinamatsu and tried to slow her down, only for her to carve him up and die to Reprisal in a weird suicide pact.  Basse picked away at Minako with Quicksand, while Reichart tried feebly to heal him.

Turn four, Jury killed Chiyo, and that was about where we called it.  Final score 2 - 1.

Overall quite happy with the Frontier crew. Was hoping to get more mileage out of some of them, but Youko puts pressure on your hand.  The Steward never got any heals off, as I never had the cards for it, so never had a chance of saving the poor Frontiersman.  Pathfinder is great as always, but again, needs cards.  Bernadette and her murder knife did just fine.  Basse was a champ.  Reichart was safely neutered by Youko and accomplished nothing but healing, so no opinion there.  Jury was okay, but surprise!  Needed more cards.

• Like 2

Played 3 Daschel games mostly using the lists above.  Third game I switched out the investigator and lawyer for a mounted guard and a rifleman.  2 wins and a close loss to zoraida. Not sure if I enjoy Daschel, but will probably need to mess with it more.  Pale rider killed at least 11, which is pretty bananas.

19 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Just had a 50SS match today, Corrupted Idols/Flank Deployment against Ten Thunders.  My list was Basse, Bernadette, Reichart + LL Coat, Jury + LL Coat, Guild Steward, Pathfinder, Paul Crocket and Frontiersman.  My opponent had Youko, Chiyo, Hinamatsu, Misaki, Minako, Bunraku, and Kunoichi.

That was a bloody affair.  We called it mid turn 4, as my opponent said at that point he couldn't win. 

First turn, Basse, Reichart and Crocket moved up the left flank towards the first Idol on turn one, and Misaki, Minako and a summoned Katashiro did likewise.  Jury, Frontiersman and Steward held the middle and Pathfinder and Bernadette quietly held the right flank.  Got lucky on the left, with Misaki; Jury plinked some auto damage on her when she activated, then Basse softened her up with some quicksand, only for Paul to Red Joker  rifle shot.  She ended the turn 6 wounds down.

Second turn was a goddamn title fight, with Basse using up my whole hand and 4 soulstones just to stay alive.  I wish I'd put a LL Coat on him instead of one of the henchies, as it would have been easier.  But he lived, and put down Misaki.  Reichart got distracted, so spent the rest of the game Stoically nodding at Basse.  Crocket was originally supposed to hang back and shoot into melee, but instead Basse said "Paul, come protect me from great danger.  I need a human shield!"  So instead he moved up to shield Basse and move  an Idol, and got eaten by a paper monster.  The Frontiersman was killed by the Bunraku, and the Bunraku was killed by Jury.

Turn three was just silly.  On the right flank, Bernadette and the Pathfinder killed the Kunoichi for Dig Their Graves.  The Steward engaged Hinamatsu and tried to slow her down, only for her to carve him up and die to Reprisal in a weird suicide pact.  Basse picked away at Minako with Quicksand, while Reichart tried feebly to heal him.

Turn four, Jury killed Chiyo, and that was about where we called it.  Final score 2 - 1.

Overall quite happy with the Frontier crew. Was hoping to get more mileage out of some of them, but Youko puts pressure on your hand.  The Steward never got any heals off, as I never had the cards for it, so never had a chance of saving the poor Frontiersman.  Pathfinder is great as always, but again, needs cards.  Bernadette and her murder knife did just fine.  Basse was a champ.  Reichart was safely neutered by Youko and accomplished nothing but healing, so no opinion there.  Jury was okay, but surprise!  Needed more cards.

Isn't the 5 card hand brutal?  

Malifaux night was crazy busy with occasional players and new players. I played a 30-ish stone*  game with a new player who had just assembled Reva, after asking him outright ‘this crew is going to debuff you with lots of conditions, if that really annoys you I’ll happily play a beater crew instead’. He agreed to it, so I took Nellie and only used her One More Question attack. I learned something important about Nellie vs. Reva: someone who attacks through corpse markers does not engage you and therefore OMQ does no damage!

Nellie makes a better demo crew than I thought. Spending so many actions on interacting (making and using scheme markers) meant I couldn’t be overpowering on offense even if the deck flipped well. (Can’t wait for False Witnesses to lessen the pressure on action economy there!) We talked before we began about how to overcome the negative flip to attack field reporters, which was a way to teach the use of focus and soulstone use for a positive to a duel. Then the deck cooperated well with the demo, giving him some severe damage on a negative damage flip and terrible soulstone reduction flips to me, and he got a legitimate win while we touched on most of the game’s mechanics. It was good.

*I asked him to grab a few models he wanted to try, hired the same soulstone amount myself (but had to hire in a versatile as the correct cost Journalist isn’t released yet), and then gave us both a cache of 5.

• Like 1

I played with @GameSoHard s Daschel list.  Dispatcher, queeg, 2x mg, 2x executioner, Stewie

Corner deploy and a cautious opponent meant my first turn executioners only got to do one attack each.  I still got cojo down low enough that my opponent started the turn trying to save him, which meant I got to get him killed.  

Summons went well, and I was able to control the board and keep the fight in his side of the board.

• Like 1

Deployment wedge
Team : Nellie + LLC, printing press, Phiona, Grimwell, 1 nurse heartbane, 2 field reporter, 1 false witness

Opponents : Viktoria chambers x 2, Parker Barrows, student of conflict, vanessa chambers, Bishop Ronin

Victory 4-3.

Strat : plant (3-2)

Schemes : power ritual (0 for both teams), deliver a message (1 Guild), Harness the ley lines, detonate charges, assassinate (1 outcast)

My team was barely alive on turn 5, but I took the advantage by removing ennemy bombs on turn 2 and 4

Managed two smaller 25SS games at the LGS, part of a demo of the 3rd edition rules.

Game 1:
Deployment Corners, Strategy Turf War

My Team: Perdita, Enslaved Nephilim, Nino, Santiago, Monster Hunter, Pistolero De Latigo
Schemes: Deliver a Message, Outflank

Their Team: Seamus, Copycat Killer, Madame Sybelle, Rotten Belle, Rotten Belle, Rotten Belle
Schemes: Deliver a Message, Breakthrough

Result: Draw (4-4) (I can do math, really)

Nearly took out Seamus with Nino on my first activation, but he survived with 1 hp which was lucky for my Deliver a Message scheme.  We both managed to Deliver a Message (a Rotten Belle onto Perdita, Santiago on Seamus), and each had 2 VP from the Turf War at the end of the game.

Game 2:
Deployment: Flank, Strategy Turf War

My Team: Perdita + Lead-lined Coat, Enslaved Nephilim, Nino, Santiago, Papa Loco, 1 SS
Schemes: Breakthrough, Vendetta (Santiago on Mad Dog Brackett)

Their Team: Parker Burrows, Doc Mitchell, Mad Dog Brackett, Bandido, Bandido, Bandido, 1 SS
Schemes: Harness the Ley Line, Breakthrough

Result: I conceded at the end of Turn 3.

Whhhhhhat a blood-bath.  My opponent seemed to have the cards when needed, and between Mad Dog and Parker, the Family just got mowed down.  Meanwhile, my return fire seemed to fizzle out.  I conceded when I'd lost Nino, Santiago, the Nephilim, and was about to lose Papa Loco ... I did score 1 VP on the Vendetta at least, and 1 VP from Turf War, but couldn't stop them from scoring the Ley Line, and getting another +2 VP on the turf war.

Still fun, though.  The Family can be pretty maneuverable, I found... but when you can't flip higher than a 6, what can you do. :)

IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1

50 SS game yesterday that ended on turn 3, out of time. 4-1 for guild (Nellie) vs Ten Thunder (Asami)

Corner deployment, turf war (2-1), claim jump (2-0), take prisoner, power ritual, detonate charge (0-/), dig their graves (/-0)

Team :
Nellie + printing press
LJ + LLC (claim jump)
Undercover reporter
Exorcist
Lone Marshal

Turn 1 :

LJ put pressure on opponent by going in an house on center of the map on turn 1. Asami invoked an obsidian Oni, Minako summoned 2 Katashiros. Both teams capped their turf, TT team split to go on both corners.

Turn 2 :
Lone marshal exorcise the Obsidian Oni (opponent turf uncapped) and kills the totem. TT caps 1 turf of a corner, and Mei Feng places around the second. A jorogume is summoned, he one shot the exorcist, no turf turned. The bulk of TT tries to go around the center tile to stay out of LJ's place range. An undercover pops near the opponent's deployment on zone  and threaten his turf. LJ spends her turn by scheming, juggernaut, capping center turf and scores claim jump.

Turn 3 : Jorogumo is exorcised by Marshal. Nellie goes on Mei Feng's corner, caps the turf and slows her. Undercover protects the turf, but get low on life. A new jorogumo is summoned and gets the lone marshal to 1 life. Lady Justice kills a katashiro (corner uncapped) and gets back on middle to protect the turf.

The game ends here. I would have been swarmed by opponent on next turns, but I had a big advantage on points, and 5 soulstones remaining to keep Nellie and LJ alive. The game would probably have ended on a score of 5-4.

A standard reporter team would have been shred to pieces by flickering onis. I tried to go full on out of keyword with important or counterpick models. It worked fine. Jady Justice with LLC is expensive as second master, but she can score easily claim jump and has a huge presence on map

3 hours ago, Da Git said:

Why the jury against Anna? She doesn't summon (MZs don't count, no upgrades) or bury. 

Tara not Anna.  I do that constantly during our games.

Won 4-3, should have been 5-3 or 6-3 but I did a bad job getting my second scheme points.

Edited by 4thstringer

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Tara not Anna

Well, that slightly changes things then :P In that case, I agree The Jury is the absolute perfect counter-pick. How did the opponent deal with her? Go for her throat? Not self-bury with Stutter time? Wait till after she activated? Or just cop her Exorcism ritual on the chin and play normally?

Congrats on the win!