[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

A little dated but this thread wasn’t up a couple of months ago. 

For several games including 2 x games of 3 at LVO:

Lady Justice w/LLC (2), Scales (0), Judge (10), Peacekeeper (10), Pale Rider (11), Death Marshal (5), Death Marshal (5), Effigy (4) + 3 SS

a little lighter than I like on the stones but the Jusge can make more.....

This worked pretty well for me against a variety of opponents both pre-LVO and during LVO. I took second in the M3E Beta there running this in Round 1 and Round 2 against Misaki and Nekima respectively. Third round I lost (4-5 IIRC or 5-6) against a Viks & Von Schill list was a really good and close tactical game though. Didn’t play this exact list in that had some changes to what I played. 

• Like 1

Last weekend’s lists:

Hoffman; Miss KORE [proxied by Kassa Okoye] with Expert Marksman, Guardian with No Prisoners (it was corner deployment), two hunters and one copy of No Prisoners; mobile toolkit, medical automaton, mechanical attendant.

Into Reckoning, met an odd Amalgam list headed by Rusty Alyce and a pair of desolation engines. He had three necropunks and it was a busy enough board I conceded Search the Ruins instantly. I rather wish I had three watchers to have scored the same, but tournament settings and limited proxies, so. Assassinate was also in the pool so I resolved to keep Hoffman back and cards firmly in hand until after Alyce activated and got her four potential execute triggers out of the way.

I overextended Internet Girlfriend out of the support bots’ reach and she had to suffer both the desolation engines’ hits (planned) without backup (less planned) and I lost her. Wish I had been able to hire Ryle instead. Later the hunters came up with hoarded cards and mauled the desos very well. A little too well, in the case of one I had Take Prisoner on, whoops. Vendetta deso felt the delights of min 4, though. Hoffman and guardian shuffled around pointlessly in the back, and Alyce had trouble drawing LoS to any unengaged target (it was a very busy board). Vendetta deso almost killed a hunter, and did heal back up all the way as feared. Hoffman finally was tossed into the fray, charged into the melee and did some range extension shenanigans with the torch, and saved the hunter. Vendetta deso hammered on Hoffman (I feared its damage output less than Alyce’s) but only inflicted eight wounds. Then, that blasted automaton finally earned its keep for once, used its free action, burnt every token it held, companioned into the mechanical attendant, and little buddy finished healing Hoffman to full. Healed hunter tied up Alyce; Vendetta hunter (still wounded) got out of her way; something finished off Vendetta deso, maybe the guardian finally showing up to the fight after two turns of Toss?

Nellie; Phiona, brutal emissary, undercover agent, two field reporters, guild steward, printing press.

Into Corrupted Idols, met a Parker crew. Normally I’d be peeved at seeing the midnight stalker, but the agent can be every jot as obnoxious as he. I had handfuls of tomes by chance, and so he proved to be. Actually managed to score Leyline and deny it on turn two thanks to exploding scheme markers at very long range, and denying Parker scheme marker VP is a feat. Nellie had to mostly do her own scheming this game, in order to heal. Emissary did nearly no offense this game as he needed to score points, but again, Crowd Control in the right place (within 6” of Mad Dog) does passive unquantifiable wonders.

Took Nellie again but removed a reporter for two copies of Lead-Lined Coat for combating Neverborn shenanigans...

Into Reckoning (again?!), met Titania on a board cluttered with loads of Sz1 scattered ruins. The underbrush chokepoints got very interesting as I high-stepped around ever setting foot in them. Nellie overextended, but had two turns of tremendous fun charging Killjoy and the rougarou away from her and into the nearest autumn knight. Keeping a card in hand to trigger onslaught on an obeyed model continued to be very rude. Titania bounced Nellie into the underbrush but lead-lined coat swiftly paid for itself otherwise. The scheme marker under Phiona’s feet eventually turned into Dig Their Graves, while Titania easily took Hold Up Their Forces against my expensive emissary. The game ended on time, just as Killjoy had finally slogged his way back to the fight. Nellie is a wonderful disruptor of melee Reckoning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The less said about the stompybot side of yesterday’s Hoffman vs. Nekima, the better, nor did Nellie live the dream and tempt Hayreddin to charge his glorious leader.

Alright, one thing. Hoffman can make the brutal effigy fast just before it grows into the emissary. Deny me AP manipulation of my battle angel, will you...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Last weekend’s lists:

Hoffman; Miss KORE [proxied by Kassa Okoye] with Expert Marksman, Guardian with No Prisoners (it was corner deployment), two hunters and one copy of No Prisoners; mobile toolkit, medical automaton, mechanical attendant.

Into Reckoning, met an odd Amalgam list headed by Rusty Alyce and a pair of desolation engines. He had three necropunks and it was a busy enough board I conceded Search the Ruins instantly. I rather wish I had three watchers to have scored the same, but tournament settings and limited proxies, so. Assassinate was also in the pool so I resolved to keep Hoffman back and cards firmly in hand until after Alyce activated and got her four potential execute triggers out of the way.

I overextended Internet Girlfriend out of the support bots’ reach and she had to suffer both the desolation engines’ hits (planned) without backup (less planned) and I lost her. Wish I had been able to hire Ryle instead. Later the hunters came up with hoarded cards and mauled the desos very well. A little too well, in the case of one I had Take Prisoner on, whoops. Vendetta deso felt the delights of min 4, though. Hoffman and guardian shuffled around pointlessly in the back, and Alyce had trouble drawing LoS to any unengaged target (it was a very busy board). Vendetta deso almost killed a hunter, and did heal back up all the way as feared. Hoffman finally was tossed into the fray, charged into the melee and did some range extension shenanigans with the torch, and saved the hunter. Vendetta deso hammered on Hoffman (I feared its damage output less than Alyce’s) but only inflicted eight wounds. Then, that blasted automaton finally earned its keep for once, used its free action, burnt every token it held, companioned into the mechanical attendant, and little buddy finished healing Hoffman to full. Healed hunter tied up Alyce; Vendetta hunter (still wounded) got out of her way; something finished off Vendetta deso, maybe the guardian finally showing up to the fight after two turns of Toss?

Nellie; Phiona, brutal emissary, undercover agent, two field reporters, guild steward, printing press.

Into Corrupted Idols, met a Parker crew. Normally I’d be peeved at seeing the midnight stalker, but the agent can be every jot as obnoxious as he. I had handfuls of tomes by chance, and so he proved to be. Actually managed to score Leyline and deny it on turn two thanks to exploding scheme markers at very long range, and denying Parker scheme marker VP is a feat. Nellie had to mostly do her own scheming this game, in order to heal. Emissary did nearly no offense this game as he needed to score points, but again, Crowd Control in the right place (within 6” of Mad Dog) does passive unquantifiable wonders.

Took Nellie again but removed a reporter for two copies of Lead-Lined Coat for combating Neverborn shenanigans...

Into Reckoning (again?!), met Titania on a board cluttered with loads of Sz1 scattered ruins. The underbrush chokepoints got very interesting as I high-stepped around ever setting foot in them. Nellie overextended, but had two turns of tremendous fun charging Killjoy and the rougarou away from her and into the nearest autumn knight. Keeping a card in hand to trigger onslaught on an obeyed model continued to be very rude. Titania bounced Nellie into the underbrush but lead-lined coat swiftly paid for itself otherwise. The scheme marker under Phiona’s feet eventually turned into Dig Their Graves, while Titania easily took Hold Up Their Forces against my expensive emissary. The game ended on time, just as Killjoy had finally slogged his way back to the fight. Nellie is a wonderful disruptor of melee Reckoning.

Any idea of the scores on these games?  And given the extensive discussion on the NB page about titania, did you find her overwhelmingly powerful?

32 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Any idea of the scores on these games?  And given the extensive discussion on the NB page about titania, did you find her overwhelmingly powerful?

Only getting to turn three leads to a lot of ties. :P 

Lead-Lined Coat is a strong counter to the ‘bounce you through terrain for fun and profit or pain and loss’ tactic. But I felt less of it that game because Nellie also squealed off towards the table edge every time, so it was Titania as well as Killjoy left somewhat out of position by chasing and killing the nosy newsy. 8” isn’t the greatest of reach. Also also, that table had so much scatter terrain with a bit of height (think of a hall full of rows of columns) that not only the models were funneled but the markers. We all had to move like chess rooks and not get markers slid into us by oblique angles.

Not my list, but one I made for another player in our grow league.  We are hitting 50 ss this week, and he has been borrowing different crews.  He asked to try out LJ this week, and I was happy to make a crew for him.

LJ , scales

Judge

Jury

Lone Marshall

Pale Rider with LLC

Death Marshall.  

5 ss.  

I thought about switching out the death marshall for a domador, to get better use from the pale rider, but in the end I decided against it because LJ needs her stones.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:21 PM, Mikes said:

Who has a decent Basse list to share?

My Basse Lists have all been boring so far.

IIRC my last one was Basse, Lady Basse

Reichart

2 frontiersman

2 austringers

pathfinder

2 traps.

IIRC we played it to a tie against misaki.    

I don't know that this is a good list, but it is a list 🙂

• Like 1

Playing in a growth type league this month (folks are free to change crews or not week to week, but mostly it's to get new folks familiar with the game). This week we were at 35ss.

I ran Guild Lucius -
Lucius + 2 stones
The Scribe (0)
Agent 46 (9)
Alan Reid (8)
Investigator (7)
False Witness (5)
Changeling (4)

Up against Neverborn-
Nekima + 2 stones
Blood Hunter (0)
Hayridden (9)
Lilitu (7)
Young Nephilim (7)
BBS (6)
Tot (4)

Was corner deployment Turf War. I went for Harness the Leyline & Outflank, my opponent took Take Prisoner on False Witness & Search the Ruins.

Had an early victory when Nekima turn 1 charged into my bubble of Scribe, Alan, & Lucius only to have 46 charge in and get 4 attacks on her between end of turn 1 and beginning of turn 2 (1 attack turn 1, 2 during his activation T2, 1 from Lucius commanding him), which killed Nekima. In the end it didn't matter much though since multiple nephilim grew up and I had 2 matures and another young curbstomp me. By end of turn 3 we called it for time. I had lost 46, the scribe, and the investigator by then and Alan was about to die. 

Talking through turns 4 & 5, we would have ended the game with Nekima winning 7 to 4. Definitely not a great matchup as the nephilim had multiple focus on most models by the end of T1, then the :+flip on the Young's attacks bypass Intimidating Authority on Alan & the Investigator. So the beating plus lack of any other defensive tech saw my crew bite the dust (After killing Nekima my hand was in sad shape). Then the mobility let my opponent go on to score all his schemes after removing my models from the table. 

I'm trying to learn from this game though since I want to get better with Lucius and against a threat like Nekima. Initial thoughts are to use more ranged attacks and have armor/more durable models to go up against all the beaters.

Would love any other advice you all have to offer. :D 

54 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Playing in a growth type league this month (folks are free to change crews or not week to week, but mostly it's to get new folks familiar with the game). This week we were at 35ss.

I ran Guild Lucius -
Lucius + 2 stones
The Scribe (0)
Agent 46 (9)
Alan Reid (8)
Investigator (7)
False Witness (5)
Changeling (4)

Up against Neverborn-
Nekima + 2 stones
Blood Hunter (0)
Hayridden (9)
Lilitu (7)
Young Nephilim (7)
BBS (6)
Tot (4)

Was corner deployment Turf War. I went for Harness the Leyline & Outflank, my opponent took Take Prisoner on False Witness & Search the Ruins.

Had an early victory when Nekima turn 1 charged into my bubble of Scribe, Alan, & Lucius only to have 46 charge in and get 4 attacks on her between end of turn 1 and beginning of turn 2 (1 attack turn 1, 2 during his activation T2, 1 from Lucius commanding him), which killed Nekima. In the end it didn't matter much though since multiple nephilim grew up and I had 2 matures and another young curbstomp me. By end of turn 3 we called it for time. I had lost 46, the scribe, and the investigator by then and Alan was about to die. 

Talking through turns 4 & 5, we would have ended the game with Nekima winning 7 to 4. Definitely not a great matchup as the nephilim had multiple focus on most models by the end of T1, then the :+flip on the Young's attacks bypass Intimidating Authority on Alan & the Investigator. So the beating plus lack of any other defensive tech saw my crew bite the dust (After killing Nekima my hand was in sad shape). Then the mobility let my opponent go on to score all his schemes after removing my models from the table. 

I'm trying to learn from this game though since I want to get better with Lucius and against a threat like Nekima. Initial thoughts are to use more ranged attacks and have armor/more durable models to go up against all the beaters.

Would love any other advice you all have to offer. :D 

That is my biggest worry about lucius crews.  I worry that defenses based on neg flips are going to be less effective in this edition due to the ability to carry focus over.  Gunlines help, but man is it rough.  I'm not quite sold on Alan, though between his auras and the scribes I bet nekima was not having a good time.

Focus lasting across turns has had lots of ripple effects on the system.

Min dmg is still important, but focus lasting across turns has increased the relevance of spike dmg in moderate and severe.

Gun lines with the change to friendly fire coupled with focus has lead to an increase in the power of ranged attacks.

Manipulative is much less powerful.

Concealment (the old rules for cover) is less powerful.

Charges are even more powerful.

Personally I’m of the opinion of it turns out that the system is having problems after release that’s the first change to the system I’d make. Make focus no longer carry across the turn limit. It would also increase the utility and value of models that give out free focus like Kang.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Personally I’m of the opinion of it turns out that the system is having problems after release that’s the first change to the system I’d make. Make focus no longer carry across the turn limit. It would also increase the utility and value of models that give out free focus like Kang.

I'm not sure I'd want to go quite THAT far. Cause the way I see it, it's further hindering activation order, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. It also screws up even further, defensive Focus. Which doesn't need help.

However, even if it's a little bit cumbersome, I'd not be averse to something like "At the end of a model's activation, it loses all Focus not gained during this activation."

We've already got precedents of remembering what happened this activation, from Greatswords to Zipp's Showboating to Jack Daw's Torment. So it's not great issue there, IMO.

So, a model can Focus during their own activation, and gain Focus between Activations, and spend it, but they can't just keep building it up.

Side note, I'd REALLY like to see Distracted and Focus cancel each other out immediately, like Slow and Fast do, even if there's still a minor difference in effect. 

I don’t see how it screws up defensive focus, since it isn’t as if defensive stance wasn’t a thing in 2e and it was still a taken action even though it cost a card to take the action. 

I wouldn’t mind distracted and focus canceling each other, but you’d need to slightly buff the seduction action then since it’s big selling point, and at least the main reason I’ve found to take it, is the fact it removes focus.

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I don’t see how it screws up defensive focus, since it isn’t as if defensive stance wasn’t a thing in 2e and it was still a taken action even though it cost a card to take the action. 

Not sure what you're arguing. Defensive Stance was much better in M2E than using Focus defensively in M3E is. Yes, it cost a card to use, but it lasted until your next activation. Meaning you could reasonably get 4+ uses out of it, just against one enemy model.

If Focus gets removed at end of turn, it's severely limiting when the model can use it, and the later in the round a model activates, the less useful it is.

1 minute ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

And? This is going to be the focus edition otherwise. I mean it’s set for now, but I really think many of the biggest issues I’m already hearing people complain about would all be pretty much fixed by preventing focus from lasting across the turn boundary.

Oh, I agree that Focus might need to be toned down. I just think that EoT is possibly too harsh, and holding Focus for defense becomes an even worse proposition than it already is.

That's why I like the idea of it rolling off at the end of your activation any that you didn't gain during your activation. Makes stockpiling early less useful, but allows models activating late in the turn to still have the same kinds of options as models that activate earlier.

Game 3 of our grow league this week. We're at 50ss now!

This week saw Lucius get shooty with Parker Barrows. Flank Deployment, with Plant Explosives. Schemes were Breakthrough (Parker), Power Ritual (Lucius), Vendetta (Lucius), Assassinate (Parker), & Dig their Graves.

I brought:
Lucius + 2ss
The Scribe (0)
Agent 46 + LLC (9+2)
Pale Rider + LLC (11+2)
Doppelganger (8)
Changeling (4)
Watcher (4+1)
Rifleman (6+1)

My opponent brought:
Parker + 0ss
Doc (0)
Mad Dog (9)
Sue (8)
Midnight Stalker (8)
Convict Gunslinger (8)
Bandido x2 (10)
Freikorps Scout (6+1)

This was an epic bloodbath of a game. Was a ton of fun but did take 3.5-4 hours. There was a lot of learning going on for my opponent (only his 3rd game of M3E i think) and his deck was flipping rather poorly most of the night.

Quick Rundown - After last week's murderfest v Nekima, I knew those :+flips on Parker's crew would be painful, so I didn't bring Investigators or Alan. I also knew I needed some ranged options to ping the enemy as they drew closer to me. The Rifleman was a solid pick and having 46 copy his gun for a no-cheat shot is nasty. I also tried the Watcher OOK here for his Mv 7. It was great until he was shot off the board at range by a gunslinger before he could drop his bomb. The Changeling was the other schemer here. Stealth + Disguised shutting down Run and Gun is hilarious, but eventually the demon child was killed too. This was also my first time using Pale Rider. I think he definitely has his place when movement is needed. Doppel was able to mimic his gun for some early shots and then he rode off to the backfield to drop bombs/markers for scoring.

To tally the kills:
I lost the Changeling, the Watcher, Doppel, The Scribe, & Lucius
My Opponent lost a Bandido (One-shot'd by 46), Sue (executed by the Rifleman), the Midnight Stalker (Killed by 46 and then again by the Scribe in a series of ridiculous flips), and the Gunslinger (second kill for 46)

I ended up winning 7-6 at the end of 5 turns. Full points for Explosives, 2 for Power Ritual, 1 for Vendetta (Rifleman v Sue). My opponent had full point for Explosives, 1 for Breakthrough, & 1 for Assassinate (a hot deck turn 5 wiped out Lucius).

Our group is super pumped for release next week!!

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 4:15 PM, Mikes said:

So, with this in mind my cre were:

Sonnia

Purifying Flame

Sameal Hopkins

Wichling Handler

2 x Thralls

3 x Stalkers

8 SS cache

I'm trying a variation of this crew tonight, dropping a Thrall and a Stalker in favour of a Peacekeeper and aix ss.

Strat is cursed idols, schemes are ley lines, send a message, cliam jump, power ritual and breakthrough. I don't know what I'm  facing yet.

I reckon ley lines is a given, since ill be along the centre line anyway. I'll look to use my witchlings to throw the idols, and try to position them to explode on enemt models if they die doing so so sonnia can do her summoning thing.

I just realised now though that the peacekeeper lost Terrifying, and now I'm sad.

• Like 1

I played:

LJ+ LLC
Scales
Judge
Lone Marshal
Effigy + Upgrade
Steward
2x Domador

today and it works reasonably well. but I think Judge will need to start to wear the Coat too because he's so hard-focused.

Then I played:

Dita + LLC
Nephilim
Judge
Nino
Abuela
Papa Loco
Santiago
Steward

versus Pandora and managed to get a 1 point win.

25 minutes ago, trikk said:

I played:

today and it works reasonably well. but I think Judge will need to start to wear the Coat too because he's so hard-focused.

Then I played:

versus Pandora and managed to get a 1 point win.

How were you playing Nino?  The "holy hell he effects everyone" or"still effects only one guy"

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mikes said:

I'm trying a variation of this crew tonight, dropping a Thrall and a Stalker in favour of a Peacekeeper and aix ss.

Strat is cursed idols, schemes are ley lines, send a message, cliam jump, power ritual and breakthrough. I don't know what I'm  facing yet.

I reckon ley lines is a given, since ill be along the centre line anyway. I'll look to use my witchlings to throw the idols, and try to position them to explode on enemt models if they die doing so so sonnia can do her summoning thing.

I just realised now though that the peacekeeper lost Terrifying, and now I'm sad.

And it went down like this:

Latest game of m3e tonight: sonnia versus Von Schill.

First time I'd played againt Outcasts and this opponent, so everything was totally new.

I took sonnia, sameal, a Handler, a thrall, two stalkers, a peacekeeper and and the purifying flame, with 6 stones. My opponant took von schill, some big dude with a classical Greek sounding name, a powered suit guy, a librarian, a trapper, two freikorpa rifle dudes, the luggage, a few upgrades and 4 stones. 

Strat was Cursed idols, schemes were harness the ley lines, deliver a message, breakthrough, and two others which didn't come into it.

The first turn was the usual jockeying for position. The big hill in the middle stopped us from much, and the first idol dropped on the far right flank, leaving my stalker abd ine of my opponents riflemen to run after it. In turn two i would pitch it iver the line fir one point as another fell in the same spot,  but he would be sniped off before i could anything with it.

The main action was in the middle. In turn two the Thrall moved up with the Handlers push, then charged into von schill amd two ahotted him into paste. 

This was not what i wanted, given i picked Deliver a Message. But it happened, and i can't  say it didn't  help. What followed my me pouring righteous fire from Sonnia and Sam into the Outcast lines. The Librarian fell pretty quickly, followed in the preceding turns by a rifleman, the luggage, and the big dude who, to rub salr in, was used to summon another thrall.

While this 2as happening i managed to drop 3 scheme markers from the stalker, handler and peacekeeper to score from Leylines, while my opponant got another point sending the steong arm suit kver my line to Deliver a Message to Sonnia.

In the last two turns the Idols dropped almost on top of my models, allowing me to score again, while my oponnant did the same on the far right flank with his lone rifleman. And it came down to Sonnia in melee with the strong arm suit in the middle.  She managed to disengage qith only a weak damage, allowing her ti reach the middle and drop the last scheme marker to let me score one nore time on leylines whe the steong arm followed her, delivering a second message.

Final score: four each and one hell of a game. My opponant only had three models left on the table at the end, and o ly one of them uninjured. He did one hell of a job coming back fro. A horrendous second turn.

9 hours ago, trikk said:

But I'll add that I'm 99,999% sure it's worded correctly. Everybody is in the aura but the aura lets you pick one model.

I think I agree, Spotter to me seems to remove the  range form the Aura and also removes the family requirement (in his case).  So the phrase "Another friendly Family model with in :aura6 with cost equal to or less than this model"

will become "Another friendly model within :aura50". (I'm using 50" as that is long enough to cover the whole board, and :auraLOS or :aurainfinity look a little funny, but are both actually right)