[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

On 11/14/2019 at 11:22 AM, Mikes said:

I'm running a game of Turf war this evening. I'm taking Lady J, slightly altering a list I took for my last game, which was also turf war.

I'll be taking:

Lady J

Scales

Judge

Peacekeeper

Lone Marshall

Domadore

2 x Death Marshalls.

4ss

I report back victorious. Just.

It was wedge deployment, and both my opponent and I took Breakthrough and Claim Jump. It quickly turned into a scrum in the middle of the table with both Viks in melee with Lady J and the Peacekeeper. It was pretty much a tickle fight in turn two with six attacks going off from boths side and just a few pings of damange. Turn three was a different matter. A red joker saw LJ taken down, followed by one of the Viks, and my opponant managed another red joker in the same turn ona  surpsie damage flip from one of his 4point models against the Lone Marshall, taking him down to two wounds before he'd managed to get to their deployment zone fro break through.

After that the general scrumminess continued. The star of the show for me was the Domadore, who outputted a tonne of healing, including hitting the viks and blasting out to heal LJ and the Peacekeeper more than once, and I also managed to Pine Box two of the enemy's big beaters, holding one for one turn and the other for two, so I totally changed my mind about how effective that is.

At the end of the game My opponant had only one model plus a Vik with two wounds left. One of my DM's Hard to Kill stopped him from being able to drop the last scheme marker for breakthrough, but he did end up with a model in range of the centre point for Claim jump.

The end score was four each, me with two for the Strat and two for breakthrough, him with two for the strat and two for Claim Jump, however the model he'sd appointed for claim jump had died and been reborn in turn five and he found out afterwards it counts as a new model, not the same, so he couldn't score the final point, so technically a 3-4 win for me.

Lessons - The Domadore is fantastic and I shall always find room for it

Been super busy but made time for a few games recently. 

Lucius vs Mah. Turf War on Corner. Detonate, Claim Jump, Search, Hold up, Deliver a Message. Both crews went for Claim Jump & Search.

Lucius crew:
Lucius + 6 stones
Scribe
46 + LLC
Alan + LLC
Lawyer
Changeling
Stewie
Rifleman

Mah Crew:
Mah + 3 stones
Little Lass
Trixie
BBB
SS Miner
Bushwacker x2
Rooster Rider x2

This was a wild game. I lost the rifleman to a RJ second activation turn 1. Alan held up both roosters for two turns (took one down with him) with a little healing from Stewie. 46 did assassin things and killed a Bushwacker, the Soulstone Miner, Mah, & Little Lass. Lucius took out a Rooster with a sniper shot. I was Commanding/Obeying up the board most turns to get 4-5 actions out of 46 each turn. 46 & Mah RJ damaged each other before 46 finally took Mah down. Guild won the day 6-5.

• Like 1

Lucius vs Von Schtook

GG0 rules. Idols on Flank. Claim Jump, Breakthrough, Harness, Power Ritual, Vendetta. 

Guild
Lucius + 5 stones
Scribe
Alan + LLC
Investigator x2
Lawyer
Changeling x2
Field Reporter

Rezzer
Von Schtook + 3 stones
Research Assistant
Valedictorian
Anna Lovelace
Sloth
Undergrad x2
Necropunk
Undergrad (Summoned)

This was a rough game. Von Schtook is a bad matchup for Lucius. Anna turns off Obeys in a 6" aura. Schtook hands out Focus like candy, which shuts down Serene Countenance, Manipulative, & Intimidating Authority. The scheming is incidental like Elite's, but the card draw felt like it came up every other activation for Schtook. I held out for two turns and managed to stay 3-3 by turn 3, but I had lost 4 models at that point with an Undergrad summoned in. Projected a loss of 5-3 for Guild had we played to turn 5.

Basse + Sonnia vs Mei Feng

GG0 rules. Turf War on Flank, Power Ritual, Search, Breakthrough, Deliver, Assassinate

Guild
Basse + LLC + 5 stones
Bernadette
Sonnia + Expert Marksman
Pale Rider
Pathfinder + Expert Marksman
Trap x3
Thrall (summoned)

TT
Mei Feng + 3 stones
Forgeling
Neil
Metal Golem + HtK upgrade
Sun
Rail Worker x2
Kang

Finally tried out @4thstringer 's list with some change ups for opposing crew. Probably could have dropped the upgrade on Pathfinder for another trap, but as it was there was a lot of scrap generated right outside Mei's deployment zone as they got hampered up killing all the traps. Ride the Rails is bonkers as Mei teleported around the board, but not bad since I was controlling the engagement. Pathfinder had a great turn 1 as he hit the Golem for RJ damage. Sonnia & the Rider finished the Golem off, then Sonnia ran after Neil turn 2 to burn him into a Thrall. The freshly summoned Thrall then wolloped Mei for 10 damage (getting the 1st point of Assassinate). Basse, not to be left out,  also took down Kang. We ended at turn 2 for time, score of 2-1, but walked through the remaining game. Guild was projected to win 6/7 to 3. 

• Like 1

Took a beating tonight against kaeris with lj in reckoning.   I had lj, peacekeeper, pale rider with llc, emissary with LLC, dmr with expert Marksman, and get totem.  I killed her totem and her fire golem by the top of 2.  The dmr's whole job was to kill the ss miners and couldn't touch them.  Felt like I couldn't win a flip to save my life.  Kaeris is basically on permanent +flips.

Lists I ran for Norwegian Nationals, single master only:

Against Pandora in Corrupted Idols, 7-0

Lucius list that I shamelessly stole from @Flippin' Wyrd Matt:

Lucius

Scribe

Agent 46, LLC

Grimwell

Alan Reid

Investigator

Lawyer

False Witness

Cache - 4

Against Ophelia in Plant Explosives, 3-8

Against @ScofferFacing a player I knew to be highly proficient and playing a master (or indeed faction, except for Ulix once) I hadn't faced before, I panicked a bit and chose a weird list. I don't vouch for this one.

Nellie

Printing Press

Pale Rider, LLC

Agent 46, LLC

Pathfinder

Steward

False Witness

Cache - 7

Third game against Nekima, Reckoning. Same Lucius list as first game. Won 5-4

Fourth game was against Ressers. Turf War with Wedge deployment. He dropped Kirai, I dropped this Lady J list. Won 2-1 as we barely got to play 2 rounds(!), but at that point he had 4 models left.

Lady Justice, LLC

Scales

Pale Rider, LLC

Lone Marshal

Domador

Steward

Exorcist

Cache - 7

Last game was Plant Explosives against Bayou Zoraida and @Barmution, won 6-5

Lucius

Scribe

Agent 46, LLC

Pale Rider, LLC

Doppleganger

Lawyer

Changeling

Changeling

Cache - 4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I offered to mirror a Dashel so we could look at the crews from both sides of the boards at once. Unfortunately Reckoning was paired with the very schemiest of schemey scheme pools.

My Dashel brought Queeg, one mounted guard, two riflemen with No Prisoners, and the upgraded effigy: his brought the pale rider, two mounted guards, and two hounds: we both brought a steward.

The flips were lackluster for both sides for the entire game, but my, if it weren’t for the pale rider and summoned executioner on his side I would have felt no offensive power at all. Certainly felt mine was also lacking without sufficient targets for coordinated strike triggers, though the mounted guards (I summoned another) punched above their weight into relatively clustered models. Quick, yes, with all that Ride with Me galloping around. Powerful, not really. The potential for weight of attacks never made itself felt outside of the pale rider’s activation.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, Dark Reaper said:

Last game was Plant Explosives against Bayou Zoraida and @Barmution, won 6-5

Lucius

Scribe

Agent 46, LLC

Pale Rider, LLC

Doppleganger

Lawyer

Changeling

Changeling

Cache - 4

@Dark Reaper - I’m curious what you think the Changelings brought to the match? Are they in to get across with bomb markers, given all their defensive tech?

On 11/28/2019 at 4:05 PM, Yore Huckleberry said:

@Dark Reaper - I’m curious what you think the Changelings brought to the match? Are they in to get across with bomb markers, given all their defensive tech?

First turn, they often use "Just Like You!" to get Lucius to move up the board and trigger entourage. Later, they can run schemes, act as targets for hidden sniper and do all kinds of shenanigans. They are a bargain for 4SS.

Lucius Snipes (Guild) Size: 50 - Pool: 10 Leader: Lucius Mattheson Expert Marksman Totem(s): The Scribe Hires: Changeling Changeling 2 Changeling 3 Agent 46 Lead-Lined Coat False Witness False Witness 2 False Witness 3

Played this list today and to my suprise it actualy worked. Base idea is that lucius focus 1st turn as much as possible, agent and wintnesses go forward. Then witness use his 0 action and j'accuse to give enemy adversary and then lucius just snipe all day long

19 hours ago, eddy said:

Lucius Snipes (Guild) Size: 50 - Pool: 10 Leader: Lucius Mattheson Expert Marksman Totem(s): The Scribe Hires: Changeling Changeling 2 Changeling 3 Agent 46 Lead-Lined Coat False Witness False Witness 2 False Witness 3

Played this list today and to my suprise it actualy worked. Base idea is that lucius focus 1st turn as much as possible, agent and wintnesses go forward. Then witness use his 0 action and j'accuse to give enemy adversary and then lucius just snipe all day long

What did you play against?

On 11/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, le_wahou said:

He really do not like Perdita. High ranged threat, high attack stats, no:-flipon def. 6 shooters > Kung Fu :)

Had to comment on this. When you announce Perdita Schlong can take the stealth upgrade and walz right up the middle of the table being pretty much untouchable to everyone except Loco. 

33 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Had to comment on this. When you announce Perdita Schlong can take the stealth upgrade and walz right up the middle of the table being pretty much untouchable to everyone except Loco. 

I usually play Perdita in a bubble to use A por el. Perdita is usually either in the middle of the bubble, or on front with Phiona close. If Shen Long walks in middle, he will be in range of every one. If he wants to stay away from every models, use its stealth, and scheme / run after scheme runners that's ok for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

I usually play Perdita in a bubble to use A por el. Perdita is usually either in the middle of the bubble, or on front with Phiona close. If Shen Long walks in middle, he will be in range of every one. If he wants to stay away from every models, use its stealth, and scheme / run after scheme runners that's ok for me.

In the stealth style I believe his last ap each turn is the Falling rave kick off Fermented river style which lets him attack, push 7 inches and change into wandering river which gives him butterfly jump until his next activation. He could target something on the edges of the bubble and still be 8 inches from the closest model. I did just realize bravado doesn't target, just needs LoS so I can see how that would be really useful against him. It would be fun if Perdita turned out to be a silver bullet for something, so far she's been somewhat frustrating for me.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

In the stealth style I believe his last ap each turn is the Falling rave kick off Fermented river style which lets him attack, push 7 inches and change into wandering river which gives him butterfly jump until his next activation. He could target something on the edges of the bubble and still be 8 inches from the closest model. I did just realize bravado doesn't target, just needs LoS so I can see how that would be really useful against him. It would be fun if Perdita turned out to be a silver bullet for something, so far she's been somewhat frustrating for me.

Man, if Perdita answers SHENLONG of all things, that’d be a real trick!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angelshard said:

While not the most competitive keyword, family is a solid crew for learning the game and gives a lot of options in keyword. Destructible Terrain removal, condition removal, anti scheming and anti armor means you can focus on learning the keyword models and not be completely out matched.

Yeah, I think it's reliably middle-of-the-pack, and the sheer volume of focused shots at range forces an opponent to think through things slightly differently in terms of how many attacks they're going to weather in a given match. Bravado and A Por El are both nice efficiencies that don't take a lot of planning or foresight. I think of it as a crew with a solid footing but not a lot of space to min-max it up. Really depends on which schemes you're going to take, too.