[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

Yesterday's game was a flank plant explosives, harness Ley lines, Vendetta, Search the ruins, Deliver a message and outflank. I played Perdita vs Shen Long. Game ended on turn 3 due to time limit.

final score 4/3 for guild

plant explosives 1 / 2
Search the ruins : - / 1

Outflank : 1 / 0
deliver : 2/-

Team :
Perdita
Nephilim
Francisco + LLC
Abuela
Nino
Papa

Santiago
Undercover reporter

Nino from the shadows on one corner, the undercover unburied in the other corner. This denied the opponent's outflank. Perdita and Francisco occupied the center. Perdita and and undercover delayed the opponent's scoring.

The family seems a horrible pick for monks : the rely on Chi to have a good def/will stat but family models have excellent attack scores. The undercover is wonderful if the opponent needs lots of scheme and use a keyword with minions as scheme runners. Despite the tax, he was a key model in this game.

Experiments out of keyword was the theme this week. Hoffman borrowed Agent 46, planning shenanigans, but again absolutely melted by the middle of turn two. (They just can’t go into black blood. Nothing can really under about six wounds or so unless it wants to die without resist flips, but the Augmented wound penalty doesn’t help. Also I failed to block LoS to Hayreddin.) Nellie borrowed Guild hounds to cheaply drop markers to boost the false witness False Claim. (Sadly the witness got turned into a necropunk with one hit, but dogs and effigy stayed out of harm’s way and dropped off their bombs safely.)

14 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Experiments out of keyword was the theme this week. Hoffman borrowed Agent 46, planning shenanigans, but again absolutely melted by the middle of turn two. (They just can’t go into black blood. Nothing can really under about six wounds or so unless it wants to die without resist flips, but the Augmented wound penalty doesn’t help. Also I failed to block LoS to Hayreddin.) Nellie borrowed Guild hounds to cheaply drop markers to boost the false witness False Claim. (Sadly the witness got turned into a necropunk with one hit, but dogs and effigy stayed out of harm’s way and dropped off their bombs safely.)

The false witness would be so much better if it didn't die to a stiff breeze.

20 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

The false witness would be so much better if it didn't die to a stiff breeze.

I haven't had this issue with her!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying she can stand up to sustained attack, but I mean, I ALWAYS have the no cheat field up on her unless she hasn't activated, which means that an opponent is at a negative flip to hit her. That means they can't cheat fate, AND have to reach a TN12 to hit her. By default, >50% of attacks at her will fail. And even if they don't, most of the time you can cheat to beat the opponent. 

Again, anything with any serious amount of beef will smack her silly, but as she is a 6 point minion, that's to be expected. But she shouldn't be dying to the metaphorical stiff breeze

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

I haven't had this issue with her!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying she can stand up to sustained attack, but I mean, I ALWAYS have the no cheat field up on her unless she hasn't activated, which means that an opponent is at a negative flip to hit her. That means they can't cheat fate, AND have to reach a TN12 to hit her. By default, >50% of attacks at her will fail. And even if they don't, most of the time you can cheat to beat the opponent. 

Again, anything with any serious amount of beef will smack her silly, but as she is a 6 point minion, that's to be expected. But she shouldn't be dying to the metaphorical stiff breeze

Mine if they are attacked die.  Lots of focus or other plus flips out there.

• Like 2

Focused is obviously a counter, but that's one AP for them to just be on par for a regular attack with plus flip on damage, which you can usually reduce to a straight with cheating. Only way she dies then is if opponent throws in a severe... Maybe you're able to get concealment for another negative, maybe not, but even then, that's a pretty fair amount of attention and resources on the gal. 

Now that said, I'm usually keeping her with someone else as her cheat aura is so good when you've got a buddy beating someone's face in right next to her. I can't count the amount of times her aura has gotten me kills I wouldn't have otherwise gotten. So she usually has support to boot. 

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Mine if they are attacked die.  Lots of focus or other plus flips out there.

Thats really unfortunate. I think part of my success has to do with my opponent choosing not to devote the resources to attack her, as she is usually supporting something besides herself that's much scarier (Executioner, Lady J, etc)

7 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Focused is obviously a counter, but that's one AP for them to just be on par for a regular attack with plus flip on damage, which you can usually reduce to a straight with cheating. Only way she dies then is if opponent throws in a severe... Maybe you're able to get concealment for another negative, maybe not, but even then, that's a pretty fair amount of attention and resources on the gal. 

Now that said, I'm usually keeping her with someone else as her cheat aura is so good when you've got a buddy beating someone's face in right next to her. I can't count the amount of times her aura has gotten me kills I wouldn't have otherwise gotten. So she usually has support to boot. 

The no cheat is a double edge sword.  Be careful of it hurting your models.

• Agree 1

Yesterday I had a flank reckoning, Detonate, prisoner, claim jump, harness ley lines, dig their graves. I played LJ vs Yan lo. Game ended on turn 4 with Ten Thunder conceiding

final score 3/1 for guild

Reckoning 2 / 1
Prisoner 1/0
Harness -/0
Claim 0/-

Team :
LJ + 8 soulstones
Scales
Judge LLC
Pale rider
Domador
Steward
Effigy + effigy of fate

I played agressive and had flips way better than my opponent. LJ jumped in the middle of opponent's team, killing 1 Gokudo with Manos upgrade on turn 1 with the help of the rider, and Sun Quiang turn 2. The team had a lot of sustain with multiple healing, while keeping a good offensive potential. Opponent conceded turn 4 when the rider got back to middle with his pulse. He did not have enough model to score his harness or prisoner on steward. I was ahead on strat on schemes, he could not come back.

I've got a non-tournament event tomorrow, where I'm not allowed to run double master.  My plan is to run this crew 3 times instead (I would have liked to keep running my last list to see if it is actually good or just lucky).

C.Basse w/ llc

Reinhardt w llc

Pale rider

Pathfinder

7 traps

Lil basse.

4 stones

Edit: this list went 3-0, though the last one was likely a tie until my opponent messed up.

• Like 1

Ran this last week into Brewmaster. Was a great game!

Pool was Turf War on Flank, Breakthrough, Harness the Ley Line, Hold Up Their Forces, Outflank, Claim Jump. We both took Harness & Claim Jump.

C. Basse + LLC, 6ss
B. Basse
Paul Crockett
Pathfinder w/Expert Marskman
Sonnia Criid w/Expert Markman
Stewie
Trap x2

I was having fun trying out Sonnia & expected a lot of armor. While there wasn't as much armor as i had planned, Sonnia was a lot of fun & turned Popcorn into a Thrall. I was using Stewie to load her with 2 Focus a turn and blast everything with 🔥!

We ended after Turn 3 with scoring at 1 - 1, both of us scoring the Strat T2, but denied for T3 (my pathfinder died after I had claimed a marker). We agreed my crew was set up to win if we had played longer. Most of the Tri-Chi crew was still in their deployment zone from pressure & traps clogging the open paths.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:21 AM, 4thstringer said:

I've got a non-tournament event tomorrow, where I'm not allowed to run double master.  My plan is to run this crew 3 times instead (I would have liked to keep running my last list to see if it is actually good or just lucky).

C.Basse w/ llc

Reinhardt w llc

Pale rider

Pathfinder

7 traps

Lil basse.

4 stones

Edit: this list went 3-0, though the last one was likely a tie until my opponent messed up.

Would love to see a battle report to take note on how you use those traps. I find Frontier crew quite disappointing, so far

5 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Ok I’m game. I’ve been praising traps for a few weeks now and just started using Sonnia as a second master to great effect.

@4thstringer what schemes do you look for with this list?

Claim jump for the rider, search the ruins or breakthrough.  The second point of dig becomes easy, but the first remains hard.   It does outflank pretty well too.

Honestly, it's when I see a bubble crew and/or wedge/corner deployment on the other side that I really get excited.  If they pick a master with a bunch of leap it could mess this up.  Same with good passive damage.

Warning for a list like this though- masters like youkou will empty your hand off of this kind of list.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah... Traps allowing 8 in a build is a bit much. MZ are only 5 max and they aren't nearly as good as traps can be. Not looking forward to facing this type of list.

I think as people figure them out it won't be so bad, but the requirement of owning 8 traps is such an big one (I borrowed 4 from a friend) that people aren't seeing it.   I think once People expect it it will get handled just fine

On 9/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, 4thstringer said:

I'm going to be running this list until someone at my club beats it.    I promised them a trophy for the list that takes it down.

C Basse and B Basse

7 Traps

Pale rider

Sonnia

pathfinder

3 ss.

I'm pretty sure a standard McCabe list wouldn't have any difficulties dealing with that. Mostly because killing 7 traps in a single activation is not very difficult for McCabe himself. He also boasts the kind of damage that can kill Sonnia or Basse in a single activation if you are unlucky.