A breach in the North - 20th April - Element Games

Cleezy

Good morning all,

I can proudly say that with m3e in beta (and looking ever closer to release) that my events are returning. A little later than I would have liked but finding a new venue took a little while.

So without further ado I present to you 'A breach in the North' - a 50ss fixed faction event that will take place on April 20th at Element Games in Stockport. I understand that for some this is close to the Welsh GT but I 1) wanted to offer people the chance for some practice and 2) really didn't want to delay an event in the north any longer (it has been about 6 months since the last one in the NW).

Tickets are £12.50 and available here, as usual I will have trophies for the winner, best painted and the golden poop will return for the soul that finishes bottom of the pile. As it is close to Easter (I think) there will be an Easter themed gift for everyone. Prize support will be element gift vouchers and potentially some stuff from Wyrd which will be raffled off and any money from raffle tickets will be donated to MIND charity. The event will be ranked.

The encounters will be randomly generated one week before the event and will use the schemes and strategies from the m3e BETA rules manual.

Space is reserved for up to 24 players and the schedule for the day will be as follows:

9:30-10:00 - Registration/Introduction
10:00-12:30 - Round 1
12:30-13:00 - Lunch/Best painted
13:00-15:30 - Round 2
15:45-18:15 - Round 3
18:30 - Raffle/Awards/Goodbyes

The rounds have been set at 2 hours 30 to cater for the BETA nature of m3e as games inevitably may take a little longer with the rules less familiar. I will be posting a rules pack document that will contain all of the information relating to the event.

The address for Element Games is:

1St Floor, Hallam Business Centre, Hallam Street, Stockport SK2 6PT

Facebook event is here https://www.facebook.com/events/835357943488961/?ti=icl

Attendees:

1) Radek Bry
2) Paul Butler
3) James Doxey
4) Dan Brown
5) Ben Brissenden
6) Paul Grindrod
7) Luke Cocksedge
😎 Alison Whitfield

9) Aiden Kirk
10) Graham Allington
11) Gordon Barlow
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Any questions please do get in touch :) 

Edited by Cleezy
Entrants updated
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dannydb said:

I prob should go to this to prove how op Sandeep is....prob buy tickets later today

Sandeep trying to pick up in m3e where he left off in m2e eh.

Let me know when you have grabbed a ticket and I will update the entrants list :)

9 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Need to buy a ticket on payday (only have to wait till Saturday, but it feels a long way off!).

Having not played M3E yet, I think taking home that poop is pretty much a given. I shall cherish it!

The poop is coveted by many but only ever achieved by a few

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, shakes1066 said:

Trying to get to this, just got to convince Nic that running the Welsh GT is not the same as going to an event.

I am sure you can convince her matey, hope to see you there.

As for the Welsh GT I cannot wait (also need to do some actual practicing)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dannydb said:

well I've mannaged to get the time off work, tickets are payed for, and various extra gamin are on the way.

FOR SANDEEP THE GAMIN KING!

Awesome, glad to have you onboard - also really keen to see how m3e Sandeep plays. All the gamins and elementals

Quick update

8 tickets gone, 2 more pretty much confirmed. Plenty of scope for more to attend.

Proxies - proxies are fine to use, they do have to be clearly distinguishable as to what they represent. If you are at all unsure, just get in touch :)

Painting requirements - none whatsoever

1 hour ago, shakes1066 said:

Any clues for strats and Schemes yet? I have a game with Martin on Wednesday and always good to play something with meaning.

Bring him then you can crash into each other Rd2 have something to "discuss" on the drive home

On 4/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, shakes1066 said:

Any clues for strats and Schemes yet? I have a game with Martin on Wednesday and always good to play something with meaning.

I was going to release them at the weekend, sorry mate 🙈 Martin is of course always welcome if he fancies tagging along :P 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, balgor said:

Going to try to get to this, been a while since I have been to a tournament.

We would happily have you on board matey, it’s a tourney for sure but also for many a good opportunity to get in three games of the new rules :)