Question for European players and local stores

DeleteAccount

OK, so I'll go straight to the point. Local stores here in Spain still haven't gotten any stock for the November releases and onward.

Was mostly wondering if distribution to local stores in the rest of Europe is as much of a joke or not. I know I can order stuff from Wayland, but I much rather support my local store.

I just received today some wonderful package from Wayland, where the sun shines and the new releases arrive. 

In Spain the only thing we have received from TOS where the starter boxes and the first additional unit for each faction, and that's it. The titans, the Horomatangi and the others must have been lost in the warp. Diacash says it's not a problem on their side and Wyrd says it's not a problem on their side, so we don't have a problem at all... except for the fact that our LGS don't receive the stuff and we have to buy it elsewhere, so our LGS says they won't support the game as we don't buy it.

It makes me wonder if this is happening to the brand new game, what's going to happen with the M3E, hopefully it won't have all the "support" TOS is currently enjoying. 

• Agree 1

I got Kassa and the Motor Scout from my nearest Shop (Dark Sphere, from both the Waterloo and Shepherds Bush shops) a couple of weeks back. They had starter boxes, titans, reinforcements and new forces (including the Artillery). They did not have all of the December and January releases.

The concern is whether there is sufficient interest in the game such that it does get stocked by my nearest games shops.

9 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

The issue is on that end - Spain - not here - nor with stock. How it gets sorted ... still, something to be worked on. 

Thank you for the direct reply.

Thing is, if that's the case, well this isn't a new problem in the region, far from it. Maybe doing business with a distributor that doesn't have the best track record is starting to be counter productive and worth looking for alternatives (this of course assuming contract allows it). 

Maybe the Spanish market is pennies for you guys, though it does seem decently active to me with regular tournaments in Madrid, but pushing The Other Side at the stire us starting to be a very hard sell. And this isn't just TOS, Malifaux also takes ages to get here, I may be off on this but I swear we have never had in store the Minako Rei and Manos box for example.

So I can see how everything looks in order from your side, but I cab assure you it ain't right on ours.

Anyway, thanks again for the direct interaction.

9 minutes ago, Razhem said:

, I may be off on this but I swear we have never had in store the Minako Rei and Manos box for example.

Nope, you are 100% accurate. I had to order mine during the last Black Friday, other players in Spain that got it was from Wayland or straight from Wyrd. 

Finland just got its TOS.  Apparently the distributor received it but didn't send it on or acknowledge it had gotten it, so sadly I don't think Spain is the only country struggling with proper suppliers. Finally hoping to get some demos going and increase interest in some sweet minis.  Also, 2v2, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1 game modes all seem a fun addition that Malifaux doesn't have sadly, so I'm looking forward to getting people involved to try that out.

• Like 1

Quite bluntly, the amount of BS that we get blamed for is just this side of amazing - or folks have conjectures which they assume is true and pass that along and everyone at the end of the day is just left shaking their head and wondering where that one came from.

I can't speak for each and every situation. To be blunt it would be unprofessional. That being said, there are a few folks whom after repeated requests/warnings/begging that still just are going to do what they do and at the end of it we can only hope that we can find a situation that will work for everyone. Then, of course, there are the stores that make accusations against manufacturers or distributors, and you come to find out the reason said store hasn't received any product is because they haven't ordered or have defaulted on payments. Amazing how often that one comes up.

We'll do our best. If folks have other suggestions other than the asinine one of 'come over here and start up your own distribution yourselves, or set up in another country so that you can be taxed to hell and back ...' well we're open. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Quite bluntly, the amount of BS that we get blamed for is just this side of amazing - or folks have conjectures which they assume is true and pass that along and everyone at the end of the day is just left shaking their head and wondering where that one came from.

I can't speak for each and every situation. To be blunt it would be unprofessional. That being said, there are a few folks whom after repeated requests/warnings/begging that still just are going to do what they do and at the end of it we can only hope that we can find a situation that will work for everyone. Then, of course, there are the stores that make accusations against manufacturers or distributors, and you come to find out the reason said store hasn't received any product is because they haven't ordered or have defaulted on payments. Amazing how often that one comes up.

We'll do our best. If folks have other suggestions other than the asinine one of 'come over here and start up your own distribution yourselves, or set up in another country so that you can be taxed to hell and back ...' well we're open. :)

I can perfectly understand how horseshit like this can piss you off, if I was on your place I would probably not be too chipper either.

In this case, I'm pretty confident it's not a problem with the store, but with the distributor. Diacash is the Spain distributor and if you go into their catalog here http://www.diacash.com/modelismo/catalogo.php, go into the Wyrd section and filter by The Other Side, you'll see that nothing from November onward is in there. Unless they have a private version for distributors that shows more stuff, well, they aren't moving it.

From what I hear, it's not the first time there are issues with them and they are keen on blaming your side whenever complaints reach them, though I have no proofs on that last claim, just stuff I've heard.

At the end of the day I'm just a consumer that wants their plastic fix, and I only see that something is dodgy with the distribution chain and well, being honest, I know where to whine on the Wyrd side, I have no idea who I would bitch at on the Diacash front though.

I can just buy online and be done with it, but I rather support the store since that also means they have an incentive to push the game.

As for solutions, I don't know if changing to Wayland could be an option? I also believe Goblin Trader Store which is the store I frequent were keen on being Wyrd distributors, but certainly don't speak in their name and don't know if their interest in being distributor has changed, but might be worth a shot getting in contact. This of course assuming Diacash is fully to blame on the lack of any distribution to Spain of course.

Anyway, thank you again for being straightforward about this.

1 hour ago, Razhem said:

I can perfectly understand how horseshit like this can piss you off, if I was on your place I would probably not be too chipper either.

In this case, I'm pretty confident it's not a problem with the store, but with the distributor. Diacash is the Spain distributor and if you go into their catalog here http://www.diacash.com/modelismo/catalogo.php, go into the Wyrd section and filter by The Other Side, you'll see that nothing from November onward is in there. Unless they have a private version for distributors that shows more stuff, well, they aren't moving it.

From what I hear, it's not the first time there are issues with them and they are keen on blaming your side whenever complaints reach them, though I have no proofs on that last claim, just stuff I've heard.

At the end of the day I'm just a consumer that wants their plastic fix, and I only see that something is dodgy with the distribution chain and well, being honest, I know where to whine on the Wyrd side, I have no idea who I would bitch at on the Diacash front though.

I can just buy online and be done with it, but I rather support the store since that also means they have an incentive to push the game.

As for solutions, I don't know if changing to Wayland could be an option? I also believe Goblin Trader Store which is the store I frequent were keen on being Wyrd distributors, but certainly don't speak in their name and don't know if their interest in being distributor has changed, but might be worth a shot getting in contact. This of course assuming Diacash is fully to blame on the lack of any distribution to Spain of course.

Anyway, thank you again for being straightforward about this.

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll be reaching out directly and point to your observation. Any problem we can sort, we're more than happy to do so.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...