Sign in to follow this  
wookiejunior

Corrupted Idols

On 3/17/2019 at 1:02 AM, wookiejunior said:

There's still no guidance as to what you're supposed to do if the marker would drop in impassible terrain. Do you place it elsewhere? reflip? not place it? 

The problem with corrupted idols is not so simple. There are same issue that should be fixed before that, as I and others said elsewhere...

However, by RAW, a marker can be placed inside terrain if not explicitly forbidden. So by rules you place the marker inside impassable area (that finally could mean not placing it).

On 3/17/2019 at 2:42 AM, bedjy said:

Place the terrain so that it cannot be placed in impassible...

That doesn't work in several scenarios:

1) The current set-up requires terrain to be placed before strats/schemes are generated

2) In some strat/deployment combos there's a lot of dead area you need to leave (9 potential spots in corner/flank and idols)

3) In most tournament settings you are asked not to rearrange the terrain. 

It seems like this is something that needs addressing in the rules.

39 minutes ago, SunTsu said:

The problem with corrupted idols is not so simple. There are same issue that should be fixed before that, as I and others said elsewhere...

However, by RAW, a marker can be placed inside terrain if not explicitly forbidden. So by rules you place the marker inside impassable area (that finally could mean not placing it).

I understand that there are potential reasons why the strat isn't great, but I wanted to deal with the part that literally doesn't work at the moment, rather than the bits that can be improved. 

11 hours ago, wookiejunior said:

That doesn't work in several scenarios:

1) The current set-up requires terrain to be placed before strats/schemes are generated

2) In some strat/deployment combos there's a lot of dead area you need to leave (9 potential spots in corner/flank and idols)

3) In most tournament settings you are asked not to rearrange the terrain. 

It seems like this is something that needs addressing in the rules.

In friendly games you can totally just shift it a little, but unless you are playing a ton of impassable terrain, it shouldn’t be a problem.

In tournaments, the TO knows both the deployment and strategy before terrain is placed(or should if they did any prep/made a packet). It’s not hard to plan how to set tables to work for your tournaments chosen rounds.

1 hour ago, CrimsonWraith said:

In tournaments, the TO knows both the deployment and strategy before terrain is placed(or should if they did any prep/made a packet). It’s not hard to plan how to set tables to work for your tournaments chosen rounds.

And even if they didn't realize, as long as you and your opponent agree before the game you can usually shift a bit. Or if radical shift is needed, have the TO come fix it. This used to happen a lot when Squatter's Rights was in the pool in M2e

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2019 at 12:45 PM, wookiejunior said:

but I wanted to deal with the part that literally doesn't work at the moment

This had been fixed in the final update...