Sign in to follow this  
Angelshard

Neverborn master counters

Saw this on the Acarnist forums and thought it was a good idea.

What neverborn masters are easily countered? Are there some masters we would never pick into certain factions?

Personally I feel we are in a good spot regarding hard counters. We don't have a Hoffman or Tara with obvious hard counters. Sure an opponent could pick non-living/undead against Nephilim, but I honestly don't think the growth mechanic is strong enough to bother counter picking against. Dreamer can suffer from anti-bury, but usually you can get the summon out in the same activation it's summoned, so it's a minor issue.

Arik from Friekorp makes life pretty hard for Dreamer. 

Tara and crew being able to attack buried models is also pretty hard on a Dreamer crew, but not as bad.

I have concentrated on Dreamer and Titania for the Beta, but I suspect a crew that can ignore conditions such as Hamelin might give Pandora trouble.

2 hours ago, Yajnho said:

Arik from Friekorp makes life pretty hard for Dreamer. 

Tara and crew being able to attack buried models is also pretty hard on a Dreamer crew, but not as bad.

I have concentrated on Dreamer and Titania for the Beta, but I suspect a crew that can ignore conditions such as Hamelin might give Pandora trouble.

The Jury also makes life hard for Dreamer.

I'm not sure the jury is worth taking against Dreamer, unless you play marshals. She's a hard counter to Bandersnatch, and she makes summoning a tad more difficult to time. But not enough to justify 9 stones.

Generally I find Dreamer has a much bigger issue with ruthless and focus crews than anti burying. 

12 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I'm not sure the jury is worth taking against Dreamer, unless you play marshals. She's a hard counter to Bandersnatch, and she makes summoning a tad more difficult to time. But not enough to justify 9 stones.

Generally I find Dreamer has a much bigger issue with ruthless and focus crews than anti burying. 

She also just damages models with a summoned upgrade, meaning you can't leave a daydream burried, and every other summon aside from an IM will lose half it's health.

If they're buried when she activates. I can usually get my summon out in the same activation as I summon.

I agree she can counter him somewhat, but I don't think you'll see her against Dreamer, outside of a marshal crew. 9 stones for a bit of damage to summoned models doesn't seem worth it.

I'm at first a Pandora/Dreamer player, and the only time I thought that my opponent's list was a really good combination of counters, was against ressers. This combination wasn't nice to have against: ruthless (upgrades, seamus), mourner (negates my ruthless - often against ressers I would pick rider+carver), carrion emissary (aura that negates soulstones)