Sign in to follow this  
dannydb

Replace and Vendetta

so this was something that came up in a game a few days ago, and although both me and my opponent agreed it should be allowed as per our understanding of the m3e rules just wanted to confirm this is correct 

Sandeep hires a fire gamin (4 stones)  with vendetta in the pool against an opposing 5 stone model.

if that fire gamin is replaced by a fire golem which is worth more than 5 stones, is the vendetta still valid as although replace states the replaced model is still a valid target for strats and scheams purposes, part of vendetta is the opposing model, which isn't referenced in the replace ruling 

copies of relivent text for reference

"13. Vendetta At the beginning of the game, secretly choose a friendly non-Totem model and an enemy non-Leader model with higher Cost. Reveal: At the end of the friendly model’s Activation, if it successfully dealt damage to the secretly chosen enemy model and the enemy model has half its maximum Health or less (but is still in play), you may reveal this Scheme to gain 1 VP. End: At the end of the game, if the friendly model is in play and the enemy model is not, gain 1 VP."

"4. If the new and original models belong to the same Crew, the new model becomes the target of any effects that targeted the original model, such as Schemes, Leader designation, or lasting game effects. The new model is always considered a legal target for those effects."  

5 hours ago, katadder said:

Makes it worth hiring 2 coryphee to turn into a duet turn 1 or 3 aboms 😂

I have done the three Aboms. In theory, if the DE can make 2 more aboms, you can chain it along. However, my abom that replaced the DE got smoked.