Sign in to follow this  
Frostey

The Spark that was be thunder

Wow, obviously I havnt plsy tested it so I can't say for certain,  but it looks like the Ten Thunders kinda got shafted.

On average it looks like they cost 3-5 points more for comparable models with around the same health and movement, but do less damage,  have to kill to heal (compared to others with regen) and (for example the oni) boost abilities slowly kill them by building flickers instead of discarding, in less you burn a units turn to lower it.  

I get the theme there going for and Hopefully it plays more equally than it reads (bonus to flips might have more potential than before) . And it might be much easier to maximize there results in a fight.  And they seem to have way more synergy combos of playing of each other (yen lo, last blossoms, e5x)  to manipulate their positions in order to drop and remove markers. Wich  is cool. Thunders have always been great at marker dropping. But it doesn't seem like they have the survivability to do so.

But this is just at a glance.

Has anyone else looked things over or played a few against them?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frostey said:

Wow, obviously I havnt plsy tested it so I can't say for certain,  but it looks like the Ten Thunders kinda got shafted.

On average it looks like they cost 3-5 points more for comparable models with around the same health and movement, but do less damage,  have to kill to heal (compared to others with regen) and (for example the oni) boost abilities slowly kill them by building flickers instead of discarding, in less you burn a units turn to lower it.  

I get the theme there going for and Hopefully it plays more equally than it reads (bonus to flips might have more potential than before) . And it might be much easier to maximize there results in a fight.  And they seem to have way more synergy combos of playing of each other (yen lo, last blossoms, e5x)  to manipulate their positions in order to drop and remove markers. Wich  is cool. Thunders have always been great at marker dropping. But it doesn't seem like they have the survivability to do so.

Well almost everyone is within 1 health of its cost across the factions, so I'm not sure what you mean by them costing 3-5 ss more for models with comparable health.

There is a whole faction forum discussing Ten thunders in general and specific models for this open beta which may well answer some of your questions (it certainly has plenty of people that have played with/against them talking). I've only used Misaki once, but her mobility  and threat is pretty cool. 

I certainly don't think your initial view is the truth (I've not used them enough to say they are balanced, but I would be surprised if you found any models that were more than 1ss off a comparable model, and certainly not 5 points off).

I have one player who likes Mei Feng, and another who likes Misaki in my meta, and they are plenty difficult to put down, let me assure you. I also have a tendency to play people's crews myself, but into other opponents, to understand them better, and haven't found them to be squishy. Also with Hard to Kill as an upgrade option for a model that protects yet another model itself with take the hit is a pretty nice boost in power for a 2 stone upgrade, loved using it on Kabuki Warriors with Youko. Honestly if it wasn't for my first love of Nekima, I'd be a Ten Thunders player. 

3 hours ago, Frostey said:

So, what is your point then? You did not play any game at all and just by looking at cards you're judging the quality of rules in an environment you have no real knowledge of?

Most TT models have average Df / Wp and an average health pool. Some have Armor and thus slightly less health, others have a higher Df or any other Df tech. This, however, has always been the case. There are still plenty of tanky models, e.g. you can still hire Izamu and watch him not die. 

If there is a question of some sort hidden in your text then we could probably help you if you made it a bit more clear what it is you're actually asking.

• Agree 1

I think @Frostey has just suffered the direct comparison of M3e profile to M2e. And YES, they are weaker (more expensive, lower stats, lower damage tracks...).
But it's the same for every faction, so that the balance is still ok and TT are really interesting to play.

They are tanky than they were in M2e overall, but they are also more mobiles (as a faction).