Necrokamo

I see , I see M3E

Based on those boxes it looks like individual models in certain Keywords are being bundled together now, does that mean solo models won't be purchasable on their own (if you just want Sammy for example)?

• Like 2

Nice to see some m3e boxes. Tho I would of liked new sculpts for bayou... Aw well.  I'll get over it with the tos alt sonnia / kirai (sign me up for 2, one for each game)

1 hour ago, retnab said:

Based on those boxes it looks like individual models in certain Keywords are being bundled together now, does that mean solo models won't be purchasable on their own (if you just want Sammy for example)?

That would cut down on the number of boxes to keep track of, at least. On the other hand, Sammy is a Kin and so are the rest, so maybe this is Ophelia’s ‘expansion’ box and Ophelia/young/raiders are the new base box?

It still feels a tiny bit weird to me not having individual models separately, but this is my only minis game, what do I know about packaging standards.

• Agree 3

I guess it means there will be some models I wont end up with as not going to buy a box that has models I already own to get maybe 1 model I dont own.

Will see more when they release more but hoping new models this edition are not packaged with old ones 

• Agree 6

What is that "special order" box ? I'd bet for personnalized box ordered directly to wyrd in whitch we can grab some individual models that are part of other boxes ?
That would save package and logistic but would give much work to wyrd's members ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, bedjy said:

What is that "special order" box ? I'd bet for personnalized box ordered directly to wyrd in whitch we can grab some individual models that are part of other boxes ?
That would save package and logistic but would give much work to wyrd's members ;)

I'd assume they are something like mystery boxes.

5 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

That would cut down on the number of boxes to keep track of, at least. On the other hand, Sammy is a Kin and so are the rest, so maybe this is Ophelia’s ‘expansion’ box and Ophelia/young/raiders are the new base box?

It still feels a tiny bit weird to me not having individual models separately, but this is my only minis game, what do I know about packaging standards.

I really like the idea of expansion boxes with multiple models. I'd really like the keywords to be contained in 2-3 boxes. 

Like:
Sonnia + Samuel + Eternal Flame + 2 Queller + 3 Spellcaster
2x Handler + 2x Thrall + 3x Stalker

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, retnab said:

I think that the new card size dictates that, you can't do small boxes anymore

• Haha 5
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, longfanz said:

I think that the new card size dictates that, you can't do small boxes anymore

There is that as well I guess. Still against the new card size, bigger for art we dont need on a play aid

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, TeddyBear said:

In marshal core box, the one on the right should be new lady justice??

It's Scales/DM/Judge/Justice

Worshippers of Flame looks like 3 Firebranded  + Elijah

Edit: Looks like ToS is getting an Angry Guinea Pig!

• Haha 3

Is that an... angry blue ent for TOS...? This is a strange choice. Except for this unfortunate accident, the rest of the TOS artworks are really nice !

As to the new Malifaux bundles, I understand the need for SKU reduction but I hope the special order allows people to purchase individual minis. Although I may perhaps pick the worshippers of the flame (I hesitate because the artwork looks really uninteresting), I will most certainly not purchase Darkened models anew to get Kitty Dumond.

About the packaging itself, I find it too close to Wild West Exodus. the differentiation with a directly competing product is not big enough, especially since the artworks are already sometimes very close to the ones from that game. Since Warcradle also distributes Wyrd's products, I find this a very surprising choice.

Additionally, this package is extremely vanilla and does not make Malifaux stand out compared to any other miniature games.

WEX101110008_Legendary_Gustav_Eiffel_Box

• Like 1

Really don't like the implications of 'Worshippers of Fire' as a name for an Arcanist box set. My main impression of it is that someone mixed up the notes for Arcanists, a rebellious faction of spellcasters and inventors whose survival in malifaux city depends on remaining hidden from the overwhelming military force of the Guild, with those for the Cult of the Burning Man, a The Other Side faction of religous, and predominently mindless fanatics in thrall to the mutating magic of an insane and tormented god, one the Arcanists have no connections to at all, which unlike Arcanists have the Raw power to actually fight their adversaries openly. 

Magic for Arcanists is a tool used to achieve their objectives, and one they have to use carefully to avoid attracting Guild attention, particularly under the watchful gaze of a new and competent Governor General. In a keyword otherwise composed of mindless constructs and an even more mindless arsonist who just sets things on fire to watch the pretty flames, the role of Elijah and Firebranded really has to be the intelligent agents that keep the rest of the crew on a tight leash. Instead, I get the impression of just more mindless arsonists, which adds up to a crew that is both completely ineffective at actually threatening the Guild(if anything, they're doing such a good job of increasing Guild support that the Guild's own PR department is effectively redundant) and even less able to survive more than at most a few days in Guild controlled territory.

This is, in fact, a crew that is such a dangerous liability every other Arcanist master would either turn them over to the guild or quietly dispose of them. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Dereikt said:

Really don't like the implications of 'Worshippers of Fire' as a name for an Arcanist box set. My main impression of it is that someone mixed up the notes for Arcanists, a rebellious faction of spellcasters and inventors whose survival in malifaux city depends on remaining hidden from the overwhelming military force of the Guild, with those for the Cult of the Burning Man, a The Other Side faction of religous, and predominently mindless fanatics in thrall to the mutating magic of an insane and tormented god, one the Arcanists have no connections to at all, which unlike Arcanists have the Raw power to actually fight their adversaries openly. 

Elijah Borgman, has an action called: Call to the Burning Man, so I assume Kaeris just started a cult-ish thing.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

Seeing as Eli is actively a Cultist, the Firebranded who share several abilities with him also being Cultists wouldn't surprise me at all

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

More pics!

Still waiting to see some new Transmortis models . Very interested to see the Professor himself as well as any new Student sculpts. 

The Professor himself is probably the crazy-Last-Jedi-Luke looking guy on here: https://www.wyrd-games.net/table-flip

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Possibly, but as both other models are Guild, I'd guess that is a Guild model. He looks more like a Guild model. It might be him.... But I'm not sure.

That's von schtook, the paragraphs are talking about the new masters.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Ah... not what i was expecting then. 

Unfortunately all 3 of those masters have that new wave, bizarrely proportioned, generic art :( 

But this is entirely subjective, of course.

Thankfully, the Gama stuff shows it's not all going to be like that!

• Agree 2

On 3/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, bedjy said:

I'm quoting myself because I have the slightest piece of information possible !! Matt has "agreed" with my post :) 

• Like 1