On 3/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, ShinChan said:

I want to bring back again the Nicodem issue, some concerns:

Models in keyword:

• Vulture:  If you manage to make him survive until the end of the turn, it could be useful somehow. But basically is 3" pulse for heal 1 in undead models.
  • Thomas Rafkin: It's just here for lore purposes.
  • Mortimer: Does his job. Better damage output than Nico, better surivavility and almost better support than Nicodem to undead. Slow but though. Same free action as Nico.
  • Gravedigger: Corpse marker generators. Good support model.

What does Nicodem do for them? Absolutly nothing. What do they do for Nicodem? Bring more corpse markers, whith which Nico can only interact once per turn and that he can bring by himself. So basically nothing. Yes both, support undead models.

Models he can hire (Zombie):
The redchappel ones:
They're built to work with Seamus and benefit from the Wp duels, being engaged while Seamus shoots people for insane damage and movement tricks.

• Madame Sybelle: She's thought to work with Seamus, ot really with Nico. Useful if you build a Nicodem crew based on attacking by Wp, but that would imply that you won't use Corpse Conductor most of the time, because most attacks that work against Wp do not are melee.
  • Dead Doxy: Mostly the same as Madame Sybelle. They work better with Seamus.
  • Rotten Belle: more of the same.
  • Dead Dandy: More of the same, but they at least provide a cheap way of dealing with enemy scheme markers.

The Experimental ones:
They're just plain better with McMourning, that can give them free poison and help them to achieve their maximum potential. Even with Rafkin, they won't be as good.

• Flesh Construct: With Df 4 and Wp4, really needs that poison to stay alive and reach CC.
  • Guild Autopsy: At least you can get 5 ss per game if you keep one of this alive close to Nico, but don't count it will do anything else during the whole game.

Others:

• Rabble Raiser: Plain and simple. Works and does the job, even tho their damage track is not really special. 
  • Mindless Zombie: You're not going to hire this guys. Maximum 5.

Versatile options:

• Asura rotten: This is a must in order to take some advantage of the Mindless Zombies. She has a better decay than Nico with the built-in Injuried +1. She would be a better master than Nico.
  • Grave Golem: The best choice to get some use for all those corpse tokens. It can heal Nico (1).
  • Bone Pile: Can get use of corpse markers. Solid pick to have some ranged thread. The "Throw them a bone" heal is anecdotic.
  • Sloth: He is a better candidate for using "Rigor Mortis". Would only bring him against a master with a lot of access to healing.
  • Effigy: No reason to bring her, the heal does not affect living models and for the Aura of Decay, Sloth would be better.
  • Carrion Emissary: A decent add to the crew. It's Mv bonus only affects living models, so no Asura, Mortimer, Nicodem or Gravediggers get it, would make the few undead you have get outside of the "Necrotic Font" bubbles. More focused on poison/injured. Exhumation is good, but we already have plenty of ways to bring mindless zombies and the limit is 5.
  • Dead Rider: Best way to move Nicodem around. Decent beater, but doesn't bring anything really interesting.

Models he can summon:

• 7 Flesh Construct (Experimental)
  • 5 Guild autopsy (Experimental)
  • 6 Rabble Riser (Simple 6ss beater)
  • 6 Dead Doxy (Redchapel)
  • 5 Rotten Belle (Redchapel)
  • 4 Dead Dandy (Redchapel)
  • 2 Mindless zombie (They're to 

Survivality:
Df 4, Wp 7, Hard to Wound and Protected undead. Nothing really special here, since he is living so no access to healing in the faction.

Benefits to his keyword: 0
Benefits to Undead: in 6":aura, :+flip  to Df and :melee actions 
Accomplice: No way to draw cards and most likely won't have past tokens. So not really useful.

Attack actions:

• Fancy cane: It's just there to have melee range.
  • Decay: Pretty standard attack without anyting special. It can heal Undead models. Mediocre damage.
  • Rigor Mortys: Use a 4+ to exchange a master action for another action in an undead model. Really situational and not at a master level without decent triggers.

Tactical actions

• Summoning: Very standard, not really interesting pool. Requires a corpse marker for each summoned model. Have to spend a SS to summon an extra Mindless Zombie.
  • Grave robber: Need a 6 to make a corpse marker appear in 2". Is this really a master's free action?

Comparing him to Ramos (which Arcanist players claim that is balanced, so I would assume it's true):

Totem:
Brass Arachnid

Arcanist constructs:
12 Coryphee Duet
11 Mechanical Rider
10 Howard Langston
10 Joss
10 Emissary
10 Metal Golem
8 Steam Arachnid Swarm
8 Mecharachnid
7 The Scorpius
7 Envy
6 Coryphee
6 Soulstone Miner
5 Metal Gamin
4 Mannequin
4 Medical Automation
4 Arcane Effigy
3 Steam Arachnid
3 Mobile Toolkit

Machina:
10 Joss
8 Steam Arachnid Swarm
8 Mecharachnid
6 Soulstone Miner
4 Electrical Creation
3 Steam Arachnid

Summons:
8 Steam Arachnid Swarm
8 Mecharachnid
6 Soulstone Miner
4 Electrical Creation
3 Steam Arachnid

Summoning & Hiring:

Winner Ramos: The amount of models they both can hire is the same.  Ramos has a smaller summoning pool, but far better interactions, since all of them all constructs that can benefit from scrap markers and have plenty of synergies between them. Ramos also only needs 1 Scrap marker to summon any number of models, while Nicodem needs 1 corpse marker for each model.
The upgrade on summons by Nicodem makes them come with Slow, so 1 action less and they lost of their life if they more than 8" away from Nicodem/Mortimer unless they discard a corpse marker. The upgrade on Ramos summons gives them Stunned, don't allow them to interact and gives an ability to do free damage to no-constructs. Nicodem can summon a extra Mindless Zombie (which many other models already can do and the maximum limit is 5) and Ramos can detonate other constructs to make damage, draw a card and generate a new Electrical Creation (far better than a Mindless Zombie).

Stats & Defensive abilities: 

Ramos has +1 Def, Armor +1 and Protected (Construct).
Nicodem has -1 Def, Hard to Wound and Protected (Undead).

Winner Ramos: Arguing that Hard to Wound is better than Armor +1 and Df +1 (which I disagree), Ramos still can be protected by any Construct (all his summoning and hiring pool), while Nicodem can only be protected by Undead. 

Attacks:

Rg Stat Rst TN Damage Triggers Others
Ramos Clockwork Arm 1 5 Df - 2/3/5 T: Enemy construct only. Drop a Scrap Marker -
Electrical Bolt 8 Sh 6 Df   2/3/4B T: Another attack targeting a model within 2". Ignore Sz1 for friendly fire.
Ignores Armor.
Nicodem Fancy cane 1 5 Df - 2/3/4 - -
Decay 8 6 Df - 2B/2B/3B R: When resolving, the target suffers +1 damage and this model Heals 1.
😄 When resolving, friendly Undead models that would be damaged by this Action instead Heal 2.
Models damaged gain Injuried +1

Tie: I think is a tie, because it's easy for Ramos to generate extra attacks, ignores armor and every time he kills someone, creates a scrap marker, plus another scrap marker in melee with a :tome . On the other hand, Nico ranged attack is not shooting, always puts a blast and give Injured by default.

Support abilities:

Nicodem has a bubble aura to support Undead models, but his keyword nobody is undead. Between all the models he can hire/summon 11 are Undead and 7 are Living or Construct, so 60% - 40%. Nicodem don't bring anything to 40% of his hiring pool and don't really interact with them, just brings more of the same (bonus to Undead and Corpse Markers, that most of them are not necessary).

Nicodem can give an extra action to an Undead model (and with some luck, push a minion up to 3").

Ramos has a heal to any construct (all his hiring and summoning pool), he can detonate any construct to make 2 damage in a 2" pulse and will get 2 cards from it. One from Survival of the fittest and another one from Controlled Detonation. With Survival of the Fittest, he can easily draw 4 cards on each activation + summoning 2 Steam Arachnids that will become another 6 cards or 4 cards + 2ss or 2 cards + 4ss. While this is not directly support to his crew, having the highest card on his hand looks like a decent way to support/benefit.

Winner: Ramos

Corpse vs Scrap:

There are 15 abilities (not different) spread in Arcanist models that interact with scrap marker in order to do many different stuff: gain shielded, bonus to Stat, get Power tokens, heal, teleports/pushes... And almost nobody in other factions interact negatively with them. Most of them in models that Ramos can hire without the tax cost.

There are aproximately 24 abilities in Resurrectionist that interact somehow with corpse markers and plenty of models that generate them easily. Very few models of the Nicodem hiring pool can really make use of them. You need them to summon and to keep your summons alive more time.

• Like 1

The "only one scrap on summon" thing came pretty late for Ramos, I would be okay with Nico having the same treatment.  Only needing 1 Corpse per turn also reduces how much generation he needs, which makes his choice of hires more flexible which is always good.

33 minutes ago, retnab said:

The "only one scrap on summon" thing came pretty late for Ramos, I would be okay with Nico having the same treatment.  Only needing 1 Corpse per turn also reduces how much generation he needs, which makes his choice of hires more flexible which is always good.

Right now, he can produce one Corpse per turn, and most his Living hire options can produce corpses too. Right now, in stead of making him needing less corpses, I would prefer if he could use them for more things, such as healing, empowering his actions, etc. I ran a game against Ulix (his crew does not produce corpses) before the last update and at the end of the game I had so many corpses I could not put counters for them, and Nico was using only one per turn as his "many models summon" did not trigger even once. I agree that right now Nicodem does not offer many tricks to his crew, I saw him as a walking aura of :+flip and his activations were not very passionate. His Rigor Mortis could really get some interesting triggers (maybe pushing or healing) as well as his Decay. I would love to see some kind of Undead Obey as used against death marshalls when he lost his mind, but it is not mandatory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

s/mind/head/

;)

(Does Nicodem and co. generate corpses closely clustered enough that the grave golem free action is worthwhile? I can see the range problem with blasphemous ritual but final rest has longer reach.)

On 3/11/2019 at 6:43 AM, retnab said:

Studied Opponent giving card draw when the suits match sounds solid to me

Yeah, I really like this idea. I've felt like the Transmortis crew needed more card draw. Most of their draw is unreliable, often needing a specific suit or corpse/scrap or both. Albus needs to hit two moderate TNs each turn and Undergrads want to be teleporting to really take advantage of their abilities. This is a good solution and it feels thematic. I wouldn't go the damage increase route, as Transmortis damage is already pretty great.

15 hours ago, aquenaton said:

I would love to see some kind of Undead Obey as used against death marshalls when he lost his mind, but it is not mandatory.

I approve of this. It'd very much fit his theme. Or he could get something like Unclean Influence, but for mindless zombies

15 hours ago, aquenaton said:

Right now, he can produce one Corpse per turn, and most his Living hire options can produce corpses too. Right now, in stead of making him needing less corpses, I would prefer if he could use them for more things, such as healing, empowering his actions, etc. I ran a game against Ulix (his crew does not produce corpses) before the last update and at the end of the game I had so many corpses I could not put counters for them, and Nico was using only one per turn as his "many models summon" did not trigger even once. I agree that right now Nicodem does not offer many tricks to his crew, I saw him as a walking aura of :+flip and his activations were not very passionate. His Rigor Mortis could really get some interesting triggers (maybe pushing or healing) as well as his Decay. I would love to see some kind of Undead Obey as used against death marshalls when he lost his mind, but it is not mandatory.

I think that this should be the way to go. Corpse markers could provide some other type of resources (cards, soulstones, :+flip , suits...)

His Rigor Mortis really need some interesting triggers. Right now is giving one master action to an Undead, which sucks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Perhaps this should be its own topic, but I’ve noticed an awful lot of corpse marker hate in the game now. Some crews from other factions arguably benefit from corpse markers even more than Resser crews. Yet since they lack innate corpse marker production, this benefit comes as a cherry on top of the sundae of things they already do.

For instance, most models in Dashel’s crew freely convert corpse markers to soulstones when they activate. Nephilim get to eat corpse markers to grow into larger nephilim. To say nothing of the decent number of models that don’t drop corpse markers (pigs, constructs, and ghosts come to mind).

I’m already hesitant of bringing a crew that needs (and produces) corpse markers for fear of helping my opponent more than me. From a competitive point of view, it’s safer just to take a less risky choice of crew that works well no matter what.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Kovinth said:

Perhaps this should be its own topic, but I’ve noticed an awful lot of corpse marker hate in the game now. Some crews from other factions arguably benefit from corpse markers even more than Resser crews. Yet since they lack innate corpse marker production, this benefit comes as a cherry on top of the sundae of things they already do.

For instance, most models in Dashel’s crew freely convert corpse markers to soulstones when they activate. Nephilim get to eat corpse markers to grow into larger nephilim. To say nothing of the decent number of models that don’t drop corpse markers (pigs, constructs, and ghosts come to mind).

I’m already hesitant of bringing a crew that needs (and produces) corpse markers for fear of helping my opponent more than me. From a competitive point of view, it’s safer just to take a less risky choice of crew that works well no matter what.

The problem is that right now the crew produces a lot of corpse markers, but the benefits that it gets from them are minimal.

• Agree 1

Sure. And thematically speaking, I feel like if any crew should be getting benefits from corpse markers, it should probably be the Mortuary keyword. Can’t speak to the balance of these other crews. Maybe they need it? Superficial glance says that if they need it yet can’t generate corpses, it becomes a very swingy ability. Great in the matches with plentiful corpses. Bad in matches without them.

Just for fun, looking at the “Loot Their Corpses” ability, all it would take would be a simple change in name have it fit in thematically with Ressers. Could call it “Grisly Harvest” or something, and the fact that the ability removes the corpse marker makes even more sense. I’m not necessarily suggesting this change, but it’s just a thing I noticed.

51 minutes ago, Kovinth said:

Sure. And thematically speaking, I feel like if any crew should be getting benefits from corpse markers, it should probably be the Mortuary keyword. Can’t speak to the balance of these other crews. Maybe they need it? Superficial glance says that if they need it yet can’t generate corpses, it becomes a very swingy ability. Great in the matches with plentiful corpses. Bad in matches without them.

Just for fun, looking at the “Loot Their Corpses” ability, all it would take would be a simple change in name have it fit in thematically with Ressers. Could call it “Grisly Harvest” or something, and the fact that the ability removes the corpse marker makes even more sense. I’m not necessarily suggesting this change, but it’s just a thing I noticed.

The Killer Instinct upgrade provides this ability to whomever it is attached to. It's one of the more powerful interactions in a Reva crew.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, matt said:

So, I don't mind this idea in concept, but if you would want something like this to change, I recommend trying it out in a battle report and letting me see how it goes, beacuse as it stands:

Studied Opponent is in a strange spot for me, 

its fine & does its job, but takes significant amounts of game time (significant relative to other game mechanics) and honestly isn't providing too much to the crew. 

So if anyone wants to do a battle report with Transmortis and try and stress test this (preferably several reports) in the next week before we hit the "final" button, we can see how this goes.

If it's not broken and speeds up transmortis gameplay, I will consider it. Not making any promises just curious to see how it goes.

OK, got one game in late last night. I'll try and post a basic batrep later today, but it was very late and I focused on taking notes about Studied Opponent, not really other stuff.

We played it as reading something like this:

• Studied Opponent: After resolving an opposed duel with an Enemy model, this model draws +1 card for each different suit in its duel total that is also in the enemy model's duel total.

Break down -

• T1: 2 cards,
  • T2: 6 cards,
  • T3: 2 cards,
  • T4: 4 cards

Called as I was at best getting 4VP and opponent would have 7 easy). So 14 cards all game. Turn two was a big one as there was a lot of action and opposed duels. 

Other than T2, it didn't make a big impact. During turn 2 I was starting to wonder if it should be After Succeeding, but honestly by end of game we were both fine with it as After Resolving. My opponent didn't find it OP, but he did think about cheating low every now and again to avoid giving me a card. If he hadn't done so there may have been about 3-4 more card s over the course of the game (should have tracked that, sorry). He did have a 7 card hand so tossing low cards to stop me getting a new one felt like a good trade to him. If you don't have low cards to spare though it might feel less OK. 

It felt faster to play, but that may have been perception as an extra card was more important than a +1. It was easier in all that I cared about was final suits - no math (even simple). So that did feel better. I also cheated in low or even mid sometimes to try and cycle cards if I was losing already. With as many simple duels as my opponent was throwing at me with shockwaves I went through cards fast. Without some card cycling/draw this game would have ended even worse for me. As it was, it was a lot of fun and the extra card cycle really helped with the crew. It's hard to tell if  this is too much card cycling though? I'm trying to think of other card cycling crews and how much they can get? I should have tracked how many were from Failures and how many from Successes as that would have been good to know. At a rough guess from memory it was probably about 50/50, maybe 60/40 in favor of failures as it's easier to drop a low card to cycle if you're already losing and can't beat it.

Couple of questions/concerns that did come up:

1. With the wording we have above or similar, Albus and SS users or other models with Suits built-in could potentially draw 2 cards from one duel. It would have to against another model that also has built in suits to DF/WP or SS for suits, so I think it would be very rare. It didn't happen in this game, but we noted that it could with the right opposed duel. Might not be an issue with how rare it could be.
  2. We decided to play the ability as applying to opposed duels with Enemy models only. I think right now the Undergrads and Albus are the only ones with an opposed duel that you want to target friendlies, but with Relenting giving both models the same total (including suits right now), its an easy free card. Makes Administrative Review even better granted (yay!), but maybe too good? New models would have to be designed with this in mind as well, so probably best to close the loophole. If it allowed Friendlies, I would have gotten 5-7 more cards in the game from Take the Lead and Administrative Review for no real cost on my end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@matt @Kyle 

Played a couple of games to test out the proposed transmortis changes today

We played it as

Studied opponent: after resolving an opposed duel with an enemy model, if one or more suits are in this models final duel total and are also in the enemy models duel total this model may draw a card.

It was pretty hit and miss to be honest but much better than the current studied opponent and actually helped the crew  

We played 

Transmortis vs Guard 

Turn 1 no card drawn 

Turn 2- 5 cards drawn, player cheated low to cycle 2 times, opponent cheated to prevent draw 1 time 

Turn 3- 6 cards drawn, player cheated low to cycle 2 time, opponent cheated to prevent 0 times

Turn 4- 3 cards drawn, player cheated low to cycle 0 times, opponent cheated to prevent 0 times 

Game 2

Transmortis vs Marshall 

Turn 1 - 1 card drawn 

Turn 2 - 4 cards drawn, player cheated to draw 2 times, opponent cheated to prevent 1 time

Turn 3 - 4 cards drawn, player cheated to draw 1 time, opponent cheated to prevent 0 times 

I felt the change was much improved over the previous version. The crew is very card hungry with albus often going though half your hand just to get the crew set up but I'm conscious I don't want to end up with it having too much card draw. *cough* Lucius *cough* 

It was often a cycle more than luck that the suits matched, my opponent also had the ability to influence whether I would be able to trigger this or not.

We did discuss whether it would be more balanced with a during this models activation clause to it and my opponent felt it should be this way. This would mostly just stop you cycling low cards on defensive duels. Again it is very luck based. You could have a turn where you get lucky and draw a lot from matching suits but it is more likely to go the other way as there are 4 suits!

Given the nature of  what needs to happen to draw a card I'm not sure it causes an issue as we played it but I'd be fine with it being only during their activations if it meant we could make this change happen. Albus was the only reliable card draw with 2 suits built in but he doesn't often use his attack in my experience being more of a buff piece as I play him

Still really enjoying the transmortis crew as a whole

Albus is still SUPER squishy at 10 wds. Everything seems to have the triggers to bypass his resistance triggers and getting stunned and more keeping stunned on the threats to him is not really happening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Flippin' Wyrd Jamie said:

Albus is still SUPER squishy at 10 wds. Everything seems to have the triggers to bypass his resistance triggers and getting stunned and more keeping stunned on the threats to him is not really happening 

Yes! The Df/Wp trigger is great in theory, but in practice I've never had it go off as the opponent will just declare any trigger, even if it doesn't matter, to stop it. Most models that are going to go hunting your master likely have several triggers and/or triggers they want to go off anyway. Stunned is hard to get off on the right model, at the right time, and not have it removed by the enemy anyway.

It's very fluffy and interesting, but could we give him 12wds at least? 

8 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Jamie said:

It was often a cycle more than luck that the suits matched, my opponent also had the ability to influence whether I would be able to trigger this or not.

We did discuss whether it would be more balanced with a during this models activation clause to it and my opponent felt it should be this way. This would mostly just stop you cycling low cards on defensive duels. Again it is very luck based. You could have a turn where you get lucky and draw a lot from matching suits but it is more likely to go the other way as there are 4 suits!

I'd be afraid that only during activation would make it too hard. During your activation you already have to worry about getting a higher total so you are often much more limited in what you can cheat in. If it's between winning the duel and a card, you're just going to win and not worry about the ability at all. Is just be afraid it would neuter it too much. 

Still, I'll take what I can get as the current official version has little effect for a lot of time invested. 

I think I would prefer " if one or more suits are in this models final duel total and are also in the enemy models duel total this model may draw a card. " rather than " this model draws +1 card for each different suit in its duel total that is also in the enemy model's duel total.", mostly because it would make it quicker to resolve (I think).

I really like the idea of once per activation as well. Not only would this prevent abusing it too much with cycling your low cards, but also this would mean than once this ability happened once in an activation, then you don't need to keep track of suits in both duels for the rest of the activation, which might speed things up a bit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

To be fair speed wise I found it took no more time than asking the standard do you have any triggers built in 

I think it should be one card per duel no opportunity to draw multiple cards

And once per activation 

Keeps it in check but makes it useful when it comes up

• Agree 4

18 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Jamie said:

To be fair speed wise I found it took no more time than asking the standard do you have any triggers built in 

I think it should be one card per duel no opportunity to draw multiple cards

And once per activation 

Keeps it in check but makes it useful when it comes up

Played a game against Misaki as Reva. I hired Anna OOK and played Studied Opponent as your suggestion. The card draw was appreciated and didn’t seem OP.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

To bring this discussion around to the Restless Spirit, like I do every week:

I still think he needs something to do other than his bonus action. I still don't see him ever being taken in combat so I don't know why he has an ability that cares about him killing something and an attack action that gets better off of a condition the Revenants only put out on a single model that doesn't want to be engaged.

Why don't we instead give him an ability to that reads something like "Once per activationWhen this model ends a move you may have target other friendly model within 1” gain Shielded +1." If we are afraid of this being abused then we can make it Once per Turn instead. Call it Protected From the Grave? I think it would make him worth 4 stones.

Honestly, I would even take this instead of Reva at 12 wounds as it would give him a role needed in the Keyword and give Reva players a way to increase her survivability.

What do you think @matt and @Kyle?

I have time for one more game tomorrow and I’ll test the ideas for RS and Studied Opponent with Reva.

Edited by TheJoyInGaming
Changed suggestion

So just as a continuation from what a few of us have said 

I played Albus for a round in an m3e tournament this Sunday

Albus got OWNED. The crew thankfully did quite well but Albus put up as much fight as a wet paper towel as soon as my opponent got to him. I tried to put stunned on the threats but only managed to get it off once. I can see that if the DF trigger is in play he would be a bit tanky but you just cant get stunned on all the threats and condition removal is a thing. He is a mid range master and needs to be close to his melee crew to do his best work but this puts him right in the danger zone and DF 5 10 wds he just drops.

12 wds would help and I'd definitely like to see that happen but I think that just means he needs one more hit to be killed. 

Albus actually has some space on the front of his card so there is potential for him to gain another ability. Something like protected (transmortis), manipulative (he is an old man after all) or hard to kill. Or my preference something like kirai does with adversary. 

When the stunned condition would end on an enemy model in this models LOS this model may inflict 1 dmg on a friendly transmortis model in aura 6", if it does so the condition does not end. 

Cool and themey but there are some suggestions. I really feel he needs something to help him stay on the board a bit longer 

• Agree 1

What would you think of Albus having Serene Countenance ( Enemy Attack Actions that target this model suffer a minusflip.png to their duel. )?
From a "lore" perspective I feel like this would fit his character pretty well (though I admit I don't know much about the character yet.).
But would this be too powerful game wise?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Jamie said:

He is a mid range master and needs to be close to his melee crew to do his best work but this puts him right in the danger zone and DF 5 10 wds he just drops.

12 wds would help and I'd definitely like to see that happen but I think that just means he needs one more hit to be killed. 

I agree wholeheartedly that he is very, very squishy. He can stay 10" away, but then he can't use his pulse to good effect, so he needs to be close to his crew to really support. And 10" isn't a very safe distance in M3E with new charge rules. 

The idea about Stunned is themey, but Stunned is a much bigger detriment than Adversary so might be too good. Manipulative might be a nice middle ground. 12 wds would be nice too. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, ShinChan said:

I think that this should be the way to go. Corpse markers could provide some other type of resources (cards, soulstones, :+flip , suits...)

His Rigor Mortis really need some interesting triggers. Right now is giving one master action to an Undead, which sucks.

Since there are already some ways to get SS back from corpse markers (even tho, they're expensive), I suggest something like:

• An ability on the front card of Nicodem: "The proper tools for the job: At the beginning of this model's activation, he can remove 1 corpse marker withing :aura6" to draw a card".
  • Add some extra triggers to Grave Robber:
    • :mask: "Let me patch you: And undead model within 2" of the corpse marker gains Shielded +2/Heals 1 and Shielded +1. Remove the corpse marker"
    • :tome: "Corpse Bloating: Any model within 2" of the corpse token must pass a 12TN Df Duel of they suffer 1 damage and gain Poison +1. Remove the Corpse Marker. "
    • :ram: "Take it for me: Another Mortuary model in LoS to the corpse marker may push up to 3" to the corpse marker. If they end in base contact with it, the remove the corpse marker and add a SS to this crew SS pool".
  • Rigor mortis could use a trigger too to make him something more than an AP exchange from the master to a friendly undead and a small buff to use if offensively.
    • :crow: "Bring death from the dead": Friendly only. Remove a Corpse marker within 3" of the target to give him Focus +1.

6 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

What would you think of Albus having Serene Countenance ( Enemy Attack Actions that target this model suffer a minusflip.png to their duel. )?
From a "lore" perspective I feel like this would fit his character pretty well (though I admit I don't know much about the character yet.).
But would this be too powerful game wise?

I would love him to get serene countenance tbh. Everything on his card makes him an early activation in the crew so manipulative probably wont be much help past screwing with your activation order 

Serene countenance and stay at 10 wds would work. Still lots of ways around it but means he can be up close where he needs to be. 

• Agree 2