Jordon

Injured Workers Act

54 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Like you said, a lot of it factors in to how Grit plays into things. Not just in it's effects, but it's comparative duration.

Example, a 10SS model that's worth 9SS before Grit kicks in, and 11SS after is only relatively balanced if the expected duration on the table is 50/50 for each version.

And that's why I think it's hard to value. An overcosted model that gets significantly better if a condition is met, is going to have a highly varied effect depending on when that condition is met.

The issue appears to be that even with IWA, M&SU isn't particularly overpowered. Which means without it, it'd be significantly lesser.

As a thought exercise, imagine IWA didn't exist. You're playing a generic opponent, and have a cache of 5. First, what would be a fair baseline rebate for removing IWA?

Now, how much would you pay to have auto-Grit on every model. How much of a rebate would you need, to remove Grit from every model?

Be curious what the people with Toni experience think. Or people who have sufficient experience against Toni.

I honestly think you could make each grit ability in M&SU baseline and keep all SS costs the same and it would fine.  With the exception of Howard, his Trail of Gore should be changed to "discard a card or remove an opponent's scheme marker." 

I've played with Toni quite a bit, but am by no means an expert on the game as a whole.  I've played against Tara, Collette, Rasputina, and Lynch.  When Toni lost IWA and Good Shot, my crew got stomped. The crew feels hobbled without IWA, and Toni just isn't imposing without Good Shot. 

That being said, I know there are people who think Toni and M&SU need nerfs, but I've never had an opponent say they were unfair or overpowered.  Even when I had great luck on flips.  They'd say she was a pain in the *ss, but never unfair or overpowered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, GrandpaIronsides said:

I've played with Toni quite a bit, but am by no means an expert on the game as a whole.  I've played against Tara, Collette, Rasputina, and Lynch.  When Toni lost IWA and Good Shot, my crew got stomped. The crew feels hobbled without IWA, and Toni just isn't imposing without Good Shot. 

That being said, I know there are people who think Toni and M&SU need nerfs, but I've never had an opponent say they were unfair or overpowered.  Even when I had great luck on flips.  They'd say she was a pain in the *ss, but never unfair or overpowered.

Have the same way of thinking and my own test have the same finality. And btw nobody of my adversary said me Tony need nerf... She's in a very vulnerable place because a nerf can completely stomp her... and clearly don't need one... maybe a very inteligent change can be do but certainly not something who penalised her crew...

• Agree 1