KingCrow

Playstyles that are gone

As a Marcus main in M2E, Alpha was one of my most used abilities that swung games in my favor multiple times.  I just wanted to say farewell to the enemy control-based Marcus and can only hope that a future alt-Marcus card gives him control abilities akin to Alpha.  

Are there any other playstyles that people are sad to see disappear? 

I think I've lost my super mobile Marcus Leap list (I've avoided playing Marcus in the beta) although that was largely put together to do Stake a claim, I don't think any of the current VPs need quite that much mobility...

Farewell silurid, you served Marcus well.

1 hour ago, KingCrow said:

As a Marcus main in M2E, Alpha was one of my most used abilities that swung games in my favor multiple times.  I just wanted to say farewell to the enemy control-based Marcus and can only hope that a future alt-Marcus card gives him control abilities akin to Alpha.  

Are there any other playstyles that people are sad to see disappear? 

Alpha was a rule nightmare. I've had so many questions about Alpha during M2E, I can't really count them. And getting an Alpha versus Ramos was game over (Blow up Joss, Blow up Howard, Blow up Ramos)

I'll miss Vox Populi Ramos, we didn't get much time together but dang was it fun (though I guess Kaeris is more or less borrowing it).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, trikk said:

Alpha was a rule nightmare. I've had so many questions about Alpha during M2E, I can't really count them. And getting an Alpha versus Ramos was game over (Blow up Joss, Blow up Howard, Blow up Ramos)

See I never had an issues with the rule. 

Also I played my ramos into a marcus list and it wasnt an issue, 1st they need a high card with suit, plus a soulstone as you can put counterspell on Ramos, and yes you had 1ca over his wp but having the right cards etc wasnt guaranteed.  Then you need tomes or more soulstones to carry this out. If it goes off sure its great, but my opponent tried it and failed, so used up 3 actions to do nothing (walk into range then alpha), everyone talks about this but how often have you seen it?

1 hour ago, retnab said:

I'll miss Vox Populi Ramos, we didn't get much time together but dang was it fun (though I guess Kaeris is more or less borrowing it).

I will also miss that a ton. Though current Ramos has more damage output than 2e Ramos could ever dream of

3 hours ago, katadder said:

See I never had an issues with the rule. 

Also I played my ramos into a marcus list and it wasnt an issue, 1st they need a high card with suit, plus a soulstone as you can put counterspell on Ramos, and yes you had 1ca over his wp but having the right cards etc wasnt guaranteed.  Then you need tomes or more soulstones to carry this out. If it goes off sure its great, but my opponent tried it and failed, so used up 3 actions to do nothing (walk into range then alpha), everyone talks about this but how often have you seen it?

Marcus cycles 13 cards T1. I think getting 2 good ones isn't that hard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trikk said:

Marcus cycles 13 cards T1. I think getting 2 good ones isn't that hard.

How? Never seen that, but then my Marcus is often killing things turn 1, or sending people to kill things. 

How do you cycle 13 cards?

to be fair between Marcus complete chance of styles and iron sides no longer being a black hole I've lost 2 of my Favorite arcanist masters 

50 minutes ago, katadder said:

How? Never seen that, but then my Marcus is often killing things turn 1, or sending people to kill things. 

How do you cycle 13 cards?

6+Reservoir + Imbued Energies on Myranda + SS.

Fair enough, I never used arcane reservoir on Marcus as I much preferred him being able to kill things unassisted. Also didn't always have imbued energies on myranda depending on how expensive my list was and even with it she didn't just transform turn 1 every time.

Thing is, even with all that for your plan to work you need to use another stone plus have at least a 12, prefer 13 of either masks or tomes, plus 3 more 8+ of tomes or use multiple stones. As said if it works then it's a great use of resources, if it doesn't then you have probably just put Marcus in range of Howard and Joss so hes probably dead.

I have played Ramos into Marcus and not had an issue with it.

7 hours ago, katadder said:

Fair enough, I never used arcane reservoir on Marcus as I much preferred him being able to kill things unassisted. Also didn't always have imbued energies on myranda depending on how expensive my list was and even with it she didn't just transform turn 1 every time.

Thing is, even with all that for your plan to work you need to use another stone plus have at least a 12, prefer 13 of either masks or tomes, plus 3 more 8+ of tomes or use multiple stones. As said if it works then it's a great use of resources, if it doesn't then you have probably just put Marcus in range of Howard and Joss so hes probably dead.

I have played Ramos into Marcus and not had an issue with it.

Imbued Energies on Myranda is Arcanist 101 IMHO. Every good list I played in M2E had it. 

6 hours ago, trikk said:

Imbued Energies on Myranda is Arcanist 101 IMHO. Every good list I played in M2E had it. 

It is a good upgrade but it is a good filler too: if you have too much stones, this is a quick way to reduce your extra stock without thinking too much. I wouldnt draw the conclusion that a list is bad if it does not include imbued energies.

edit: oh you meant with Myranda. I liked a lot that combo but I understand that some people considered the cerberus quite fragile even though it had amazing damage spikes.

Ever since Colette got her Promt nerfed in M2E, she has continuously gotten worse and worse IMO. 

For me it truly feels discouraging to merely give the opponent negative conditions, while they're slowly remove all your models. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

It is a good upgrade but it is a good filler too: if you have too much stones, this is a quick way to reduce your extra stock without thinking too much. I wouldnt draw the conclusion that a list is bad if it does not include imbued energies.

edit: oh you meant with Myranda. I liked a lot that combo but I understand that some people considered the cerberus quite fragile even though it had amazing damage spikes.

Some people are wrong :P

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfarst said:

Ever since Colette got her Promt nerfed in M2E, she has continuously gotten worse and worse IMO. 

For me it truly feels discouraging to merely give the opponent negative conditions, while they're slowly remove all your models. 

I think the Prompt nerf was justified but she definitely needed something in return.

Just now, trikk said:

I think the Prompt nerf was justified but she definitely needed something in return.

I don't disagree with the fact that the change was justified (although the reasoning was mostly due to the power level of another model), the changes that they made though was terrible.

Especially since there were plenty of Obey-like actions in the game at that time, that wasn't broken (I.e: Only one attack per Obey etc.)

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfarst said:

I don't disagree with the fact that the change was justified (although the reasoning was mostly due to the power level of another model), the changes that they made though was terrible.

Especially since there were plenty of Obey-like actions in the game at that time, that wasn't broken (I.e: Only one attack per Obey etc.)

It required a 6, no suit and gave a 3" push pre-action.